MATTHEW R. MOON , LEED AP
Apex, North Carolina 27502 email@example.com
To obtain a senior level position in project management, preconstruction or other related area utilizing my experience and education.
April 2006 to August 2009 – Project Manager for DUKE CONSTRUCTION directly responsible for complete project accountability including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and closing. Projects include:
• 3800 Paramount Parkway, Morrisville, NC – 8.4 million dollar, 120,000 SF office building.
• North Carolina State Ports Authority Warehouse, Morehead City, NC – 14.3 million dollar, 175,000 SF warehouse facility with extensive ground rehabilitation.
• Regency Creek, Cary, NC – 10.9 million dollar, 127,000 SF office building with extensive site work.
• Perimeter One, Morrisville, NC – 15.8 million dollar, 205,000 SF office building.
• Time Warner Cable Eastern Carolina Headquarters, Morrisville, NC – 23 million dollar, 165,000 SF LEED Silver (applied for) office building.
• OPNET Technologies, Cary, NC – 2.3 million dollar, 32,000 SF office fit up.
Served as Duke Diversity Ambassador and participated in Mentoring Program.
January 2001 to April 2006 – Senior Project Manager for J. M. THOMPSON COMPANY directly responsible for complete project accountability. Projects include:
• Frank Porter Graham Student Union, Chapel Hill, NC – 7.9 million dollar, 42,000 SF new addition with 128,000 SF of renovation work. Involvement limited to last 50 % of project.
• Water Resources Operation Center 2-11, Greensboro, NC – 9.8 million dollar, 116,000 SF new facility.
• Durham Elementary School “A”, Durham NC – 8 million dollar, 80,000 SF new facility.
• Cary High School Additions & Renovations, Cary NC – 23.3 million dollar, 130,000 SF new facilities with in excess of 15,000 SF of renovated space.
• Harris Creek Elementary School, Raleigh NC – 13.1 million dollar, 100,758 SF new facility.
February 1996 to December 2000 – Senior Project Manager for J. W. GRAND, INC. directly responsible for complete project accountability. Projects include:
• Corinth Holders School, Zebulon, NC – 5.6 million dollar, 81,000 SF new facility with 21,750 SF of renovation work.
• Clayton High School, Clayton, NC – 5 million dollar, 73,185 SF new additions with 56,220 SF of renovation work.
• Nash County Administration Building, Nashville, NC – 6.3 million dollar, 90,000 SF new facility with 21,500 SF of renovation and addition work.
• Coopers Elementary School, Elm City, NC – 3.9 million dollar, 57,000 SF new facility.
• Nash County Detention Facility, Nashville, NC – 2.4 million dollar, 41,200, SF new addition.
• South River Electric Membership Corp., Dunn, NC – 6.1 million dollar, 52,000 SF new facility.
• Wildwood Forest Elementary School, Raleigh, NC – 5 million dollar, 82,000 SF new facility.
February 1994 to February 1996 – Project Manager for UNITED DOMINION REALTY TRUST responsible for entire project from scope of work preparation to project closeout. Projects include:
• 7 million dollar multi-site apartment community renovation program.
June 1993 to February 1994 – Project Manager for RATLEY CONSTRUCTION COMPANY directly responsible for complete project accountability. Projects include:
• Burton School, Durham, NC – 3.2 million dollar, 75,000 SF addition.
• East & West Montgomery County High School Auditorium, Troy, NC- 2 million dollars.
September 1991 to May 1993 – Project Manager for DONOHOE CONSTRUCTION COMPANY directly responsible for complete project accountability. Projects include:
• Duke Hospital North Elevator Tower Addition, Durham, NC – 3.25 million dollar, 20,500 SF addition.
• Glaxo Chemistry Lab Scale-Up Facility, RTP, NC – 1.75 million dollar research and design facility.
January 1987 to August 1991 – Assistant Project Manager and Project Manager for McDEVITT & STREET COMPANY directly responsible for complete project accountability. Projects include:
• Burroughs Wellcome Building 8 RDM Addition, Greenville, NC – 10.3 million dollar new facility.
• Marlboro Correctional Institute, Bennettsville, SC – 18 million dollar new 700 bed facility.
• Park Place Office Building, Cayce, SC – 2.6 million dollar new facility.
• Crossroads Plaza Shopping Center, Cary, NC – 12 million dollar, 600,000 SF new facility.
• 1.1 million dollar Glaxo, Inc. Multiple Projects Program.
• $610,000 Duke University Multiple Projects Program.
January 1986 to January 1987 – Project Engineer for S. G. PHILLIPS CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION responsible for scheduling, submittals and cost analysis. Projects include:
• South Central Regional Wastewater Treatment Facility, Del Ray Beach, FL – 9.5 million dollar expansion.
January 1983 to March 1985 – Project Engineer for MOSES H. CONE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL responsible for administration of the contract documents, quality control and owner/architect/contractor liaisons:
• 31 million dollar multi-phased expansion program and 11 million dollars in renovation projects.
Auburn University – Bachelor of Science degree in Building Construction awarded in December 1985.
University of Florida – General Studies.
SEMINARS, COURSES & LICENSES
State of North Carolina General Contractors License
LEED Accredited Professional
Construction Safety – OSHA 30 hour course
First Aid / CPR certified
PMP Certification – certification anticipated November 2009
Date of Birth: April 5, 1961
Status: Married, five children
Furnished upon request