SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Senior Telecommunications Professional experienced in Project Management, vendor qualification and Network Operations.
• Extensive experience in negotiating contracts with various vendors for EF&I, Site Survey’s, Billing of Material, PO processes, RFP, RFQ, SLA, SOW, Software/Hardware MOP execution, Test Procedures and the CIQ process of vendor equipment and services, providing technical direction to vendors with regards to network requirements.
• Project Managed the installation of Hardware/Software of vendor equipment that include Alcatel-Lucent’s Wireless Atrium Soft Switch, and Ericsson’s 4G LTE (Long Term Evolution) equipment.
• Hands-on experience with the installation, implementation and commissioning of point-to-point SONET WDM/DWDM Equipment, Ericsson 4G LTE, RRUS, RRUL, and associated network elements.
• Experienced Project Manager, Switch Facility Manager, and Field Service Operations Engineer.
• Experienced in all phases of project planning, scheduling, architecture, reporting, integration, and commissioning of wireless networks.
ADTRAN, Huntsville, AL 7/2011 – 2/2012
• Project Manage external partners in the execution of tasks that include the vendor selection process (RFP, RFQ) required for the implementation of ADTRAN’s National Fiber Optic Access Initiative (FAI) project.
• Developed, and maintained, standard project management deliverables for the successful installation of ADTRAN and Fujitsu Fiber Optic equipment. Total Access-5000, TA-3000, OPTI-6100, Flash Wave-4100 systems.
• Project responsibilities include, planning, scheduling, resolution to issues encountered throughout the lifecycle of the FAI project by maintaining action log, meeting minutes, risks assessment and contingencies plans.
• Project Manage the budget associated with the FAI project to include Contract Negotiations with vendors that included Goodman Networks, Mastec, TSI and Outsource.
• Communicate project status to various stakeholders within the ADTRAN’s Professional Services organization.
Ericsson LTE, Plano, TX 10/2010 – 7/2011
Senior Technical Lead
• Directly involved with the hands-on installation, implementations, and commissioning of Ericsson’s LTE (Long Term Evolution) equipment; this includes the installation on Ericsson’s Digital Units for LTE, AWS, Metro Cell Base Stations Transceivers, Flexible Radio modules MFRM, Channel Element Modules, Global Positioning System Timing Module, Control Modules CM, Channel Elements Modules, RRUL radio and RRUS radio installation.
• Work closely with Ericsson’s RF Engineering on RF Radio configurations that maximize cell coverage and increase cell site efficiency.
• Ericsson CDMA BTS, Indoor Metro Cell, Out Door Metro cell.
• Ericsson Compact Metro Cell – CMO, Ericsson Compact Metro Cell – Enhanced CMO-E.
Alcatel Customer Lab Support, Plano, TX 9/2005 – 9/2009
• Drive and supported activities relative to UMTS deployment and T-mobile Lab certifications.
• Working directly with Alcatel-Lucent R&D both nationally and internationally, for resolution of issues encountered during Lab certification.
• Manager of a team of 9 engineers with varied disciplines to provide Customer Lab Support which includes all facets required for Completed Deployment and Integration of T-Mobile lab and field trial UMTS 3G systems.
• Assist Regional Support Center’s on-site team in Defining Customer Acceptance Testing plans and strategies, Configuring customer lab systems, travel to site’s when necessary to ensure implementation processes are completed.
• Act as liaison to Alcatel’s Research and Development for software and hardware issues, providing data and troubleshooting information on an as-needed basis for Alcatel Atrium Systems.
• Drive and supported activities relative to UMA deployment of six T-mobile Lab certifications both nationally and internationally.
• Demonstrated SS7 phase improvements to T-Mobile in their 3G Lab.
T-Mobile/Networkers, Los Angeles, CA 12/2004 – 3/2005
Switch Test Engineer
• Responsible for operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting multiple areas within the T-Mobile Switch Center, including interconnect & acceptance of T1s & T3s, defining trunk and routing, SS7 signaling, and maintaining/troubleshooting DSX, DACS, and associated test equipment.
• Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot voice mail systems, network monitoring systems, and OSS & OMCR.
• Ericsson MSC/BSC maintenance activities, alarm reporting, and Trouble Ticket reporting.
AT&T Wireless/Teksystems, Richardson, TX 6/2004 – 9/2004
Switch Test Engineer
• Provide Technical Support for Nortel GSM, Nortel MSC, Ericsson BSC and Alcatel 1601 DACS systems.
• Duties included Alcatel DAC maintenance, configurations of DACS cross connects, Ericsson Switch Maintenance on 12 BSC 501 switching systems to include system troubleshooting and daily system integrity checks.
T-Mobile/Comms Resources, Dallas, TX 9/2003 – 3/2004
• Project Manage the day-to-day installation of new T1 Abis circuits of T-Mobile’s Nortel GSM MSC, BSC and BTS facilities, Periodic Maintenance activities and system Sweeps.
• Ensuring Network Optimization and the decrease of Network Derogation.
• Utilized Ericsson documentation system ALEX Installation Techniques and WinFIOL, performed Size Alteration, Initiate Data Transcripts, Trouble Shoot and perform final Test and Turn up procedures on the Ericsson Base Station Controller (BSC) 501 Switching Systems.
VarTec Telecommunications Dallas, TX 12/1999 – 3/2002
Director New Technology and Technical Support 1/2000 – 3/2002
• Directed several multi-million dollar projects that augmented Vartec Telecom’s legacy network.
These projects included:
Installation of SPM modules for 10 DMS Switching Systems - 9.5 million.
Installation of new Titan 5500 cross connect equipment - 4 million.
Installation of one of the largest fiber rings in Mexico utilizing Marconi point-to-point WDM/DWDM Traffic System fiber equipment - 6.7 million.
Development/deployment of Vartec’s Intelligence Network Platform -17 million dollars.
• Recruited engineers’ with the qualifications required to support all applicable software and hardware upgrades, Switch certification including network standardization and documentation to provided 24x7 Third Level Support to Vartec’s Network Operations Center.
• Directed the design and installation of a multi service Intelligent Network Platform.
• This Project involved switch and digital cross connect installation, upgrade to new local carrier network optical systems utilizing Fujitsu Flash 4500 optical aggregators, integrated both TDM legacy DMS switching systems as well as Sonus VoIP system, incorporated Layer 2 switching concepts, IP multicast routing protocols, Video Streaming utilizing PolyCom systems, the introduction of new cost effective Least Cost Routing, Voice over Internet Protocol network interface enhancements and new international optical light wave fiber installation were also part of the project requirements. This system design utilizing Sun Server technologies.
• Negotiated and executed successful contracts and technical proposals with major companies such as EDS, Nortel, Tellabs and Fujitsu. Including vendor qualification for the installation of Fujitsu Flash 4600 Optical Aggregators, Tellabs Titan 5500 Digital Cross Connect Equipment, EDS Intelligent Network Platform, Nortel DMS Switching Systems, Nortel DMS SPMe.
• Set guidelines and standards for the installation and rollout of one of the largest SONET Fiber Optic network in Mexico from equipment selection, vendor management through scheduled deployment and turn up.
• Designed and deployed an application specific Intelligent Network platform that facilitated the decommissioning of an existing Local Number Portability platform, and combined that function with a call profitability and caller credit reliability prediction matrix; this matrix screened every originating call in a billion minute (CDR) per month network.
• During the life cycle of these projects I was responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitors capital construction; these projects were completed within budget, and on time.
• As Director of New Technology, I authorizes and tracked all work performed by the functional groups, was the primary interface with transmission Engineering, Network Construction, Transmission Planning, Technical Facilities Management, and other functional groups as required to define and implement capital construction projects.
• Performed periodic Power Point presentations and reports to the Senior Vice President of Operations, CEO, CTO and others concerning the status of assigned projects with regard to schedules and budgets.
• Responded to project jeopardizes by involving functional groups and/or devising alternative plans and strategies to keep projects on schedule and within budget.
Sr. Network Engineer Network Technology and Technical Support 12/1999 – 1/2000
• Deployed a state of the art EDS designed Local Number Portability platform.
• Utilizing a 56k frame relay backbone network. Designed and deployed an intranet and PRI based Video Conferencing network as a cost saving measure.
• Extensive research and Lab evaluation for the deployment of VoIP, ATM, Nortel XACore, Tellabs Digital Cross Connect Equipment, Fujitsu Optical Equipment and Marconi Optical Equipment.
MFS WorldCom Dallas, TX 5/1995 – 12/1999
Switch Maintenance Engineering - Engineer IV
• Established and published methodology and procedures for the regularly scheduled installation of Ericsson AXE and Nortel DMS software upgrades; this responsibility included the management and scheduling of numerous engineers, vendor scheduling and result reporting to executive management in this regard for the WorldCom switch network to include AXE and DMS End Office and Signal Transfer Point Switching Systems.
• Ensured that Switching Systems are kept on the same ECA, Delivery Load level reducing switch outages.
• Attended the field verifications of new application systems and ensured application systems were deployed to Ericsson and Nortel facilities.
• Established methodology and procedure for the administration of memory allocation in all AXE End Office and Switch Transfer Point Switching Systems in the WorldCom Network.
• Established procedures for trouble shooting all Voice Mail issues within the WorldCom Network.
• Provided liaison between customers OCTEL vendor.
• First line on-site support for all Hardware and Software upgrade including actual hands on operation of all system retrofits.
• Provide 24x7 first line AXE and DMS Switch Maintenance support for all Software and Hardware issues to onsite technicians and various network provisioning groups within the WorldCom Network and Third Level Support to MFS Network Operations Center.
• Worked closely with Ericsson to correct all switch system malfunctions in a timely manner.
MCI Telecommunications 2/1983 – 5/1995
Third Level Support Engineer III, Richardson, TX 2/1992 – 5/1995
• Provided Third Level technical support for all Ericsson AXE Switching Systems within MCI’s International network and Network Operations Center.
• Directly involved in all AXE port expansions, Switch Software and Hardware upgrades.
• Developed guidelines for the implementation of MCI’s Preventive Maintenance Plan for the AXE Switching System utilized by the MCI International network.
• Opened Customer Service Reports with Ericsson, drove issues and implemented correction patches when made available.
Network Operations Center Technical Specialist III, Richardson, TX 4/1989 – 1/1991
• Managed 10 engineers that provided remote Alcatel, Nortel and Rockwell Switch maintenance, troubleshooting, vendor recommendation and trending analysis.
• Provided Calling Card System maintenance and transmission system analysis.
• Assisted in defining and initiating a seamless implementation of the Preventive Maintenance system for MCI’s Network Management Center/Network Operations Center.
• Remote alarm monitoring of MCI’s Switch Network and prioritized repair activities.
Internal Communication Supervisor II, Richardson, TX 8/1987 – 4/1989
• Interfaced directly with contractors and system vendors during the installation of equipment and escalated outstanding issues.
• Supervised five technicians within MCI’s Southwest Division and coordinated the installation of IBM Rolm PBX systems, IDNX Digital Data Network equipment, and IBM Controllers.
• Supervised the installation of MCI’s Network Operations Center data and voice requirements.
• Established guidelines for the installation of internal Telco circuits.
• Developed performance reviews for subordinate personnel.
Switch Specialist III, Fort Worth, TX 1/1984 – 8/1987
• Lead Technician tasked with maintaining the Rockwell SCX Switching System.
• Instrumental in the development of SCX Software.
• Worked closely with Rockwell’s Technical Support through numerous Hardware expansions and Software upgrades.
Switch Specialist I, Dallas, TX 2/1983 – 1/1984
• Maintained the Danray CTSS 4K Switching System by performing daily diagnostics and billing requirements.
• Performed administrative functions and prepared system analysis reports.
712 ASOC Bergstrom AFB, Austin, TX 4/1982 – 2/1983
Computer Maintenance Specialist
602 TACC Bergstrom AFB, Austin, TX 10/1979 – 4/1982
Computer Maintenance Specialist
• The Project Management Certification Program - The Kerzner Approach to Project Management Excellence
• Project Management Certification Program – Alcatel-Lucent
• PMP Exam Prep Workshop – Alcatel-Lucent
• 5020 Spatial Atrium Maintenance and Troubleshooting – Alcatel-Lucent
• 5020 Spatial Atrium Introduction and OAMP – Alcatel-Lucent
• Alcatel UMA Complex Switch Maintenance – Alcatel Lucent
• Information Security – Alcatel Lucent
• North America Business Ethics – Alcatel Lucent
• Reviewing Performance – Alcatel Lucent
• Quality Concepts – Alcatel Lucent
• North America PMO Contract Implementation Process – Alcatel - Lucent
• CMS 8800 Emergency Handling – Ericsson
• Bellcore Automatic Message Accounting Billing Translations – IEEE
• Basic XM Operations – Ericsson
• AXE Maintenance Hands On – Ericsson
• AXE Software – Ericsson
• AXE IOG Advanced Maintenance – Ericsson
• AXE IOG Maintenance – Ericsson
• AXE Translations – Ericsson
• AXE System Concepts – Ericsson
• AXE Overview - Ericsson
• DMS Supernode System Maintenance – Nortel
• DMS Expanded Subscriber Carrier Maintenance – Nortel
• DEX Megahub SSP Corrective Maintenance – DSC
• DEX Megahub Maintenance - DSC
• DEX Megahub SSP Translations - DSC
• Fiber Optics Telecommunication – The University of Texas at Dallas
• Digital Transmission and Networks - The University of Texas at Dallas
• Introduction to ISDN - The University of Texas at Dallas
• Business Writing for Technical Professionals - The University of Texas at Dallas
• Successful Business Writing – Dunn and Bradstreet
• Frontline Leadership – MCI Training Center
• Digital Theory – MCI Training Center
• CBX II 9000 System Maintenance – Rolm/ IBM
• Virtual Networks - MCI Training Center
• SCX Switching System Maintenance – Rockwell International
• Certification of Appointment Noncommissioned Officer – United States Air Force
• Noncommissioned Officer Orientation Course - United States Air Force
• Electronic Switch Systems Specialist - United States Air Force
• Electronic Switch Systems Advanced Proficiency Training - United States Air Force
• Digital Techniques - United States Air Force
• Technical Order Systems - United States Air Force