**/****-**/**** *********** Analyst, Modeling & Analysis Group, Affinion, Norwalk, CT
· Maximized marketing performance through development of client file strategies, key market segments, optimization, products, list selections and models
· Developed and planned CART, regression response and risk models prior to campaign date to maximize the penetration of the mail file
· Provided actionable analyses with advanced statistical concepts and strategic recommendations to solve business problems using SAS, SQL and CART
· Forecasted monthly, quarterly and annually membership flow and revenue for Direct Mail Marketing and Tele-Marketing campaigns using SAS and Excel
· Tracked campaign performance, performed market research and segmentation analysis using SAS, SQL and Excel to get the potential target customers and identify the market trend and opportunities
· Contributed to the portfolio risk analysis using SAS and CART, improved the net profitability and money collection rate
· Worked with the Strategy, Sales team, Database mangers, Statisticians(PhDs), and clients to meet marketing campaign goals and deadlines
· Ensured accurate execution of all statistical models, and list processing
08/2004-10/2005 Statistician, Clinical Research and Operations Institute, Schering-Plough Corp., Kenilworth, NJ
· Collaborated with scientists to design meaningful experiments and data collection using SAS and JMP in early stage formulation and manufacturing unit process development.
· Applied statistical knowledge to general research initiatives.
· Contributed to the identification and resolution of statistical issues using SAS in sciences.
· Performed statistical analyses of the study results using SAS, build GLM, Logistics models, write summary reports and present results orally.
06/2004-08/2004 Analyst, Silver Carrot Inc. New York, NY
· Collected and analyzed existing customer data and external market data, to identifying market trends and opportunities.
· Pulled data from SQL server OLAP cube database, built decision tree and clustering predictive models to reach target customers.
· Loaded, manipulated and managed data from different sources for market research and statistical analysis using SAS.
· Built GLM, Logistics models using SAS to find the main factors and made multiple comparisons to support decision-making.
09/2002-01/2004 Research Assistant, Academic projects and Academic-Industry case study, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), NJ
· Created and manipulated database using SAS,
· Performed statistical data analysis and modeling in SAS,
· Generated tables, listings, and graphs in SAS and Excel,
· Wrote the analysis report and presented the results using PowerPoint. The key projects were:
· Comparison of Hospital Length of Stay Between Two Insurers for Patients with Pediatric Asthma (Clinical project using SAS)
· Evaluation of Sound to Improve Customer Value (Customer Services in Engineering for Quality Improvement Project using SAS)
· Comparison Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs with Respect to Stomach Damage (Product Development using SAS)
· Validating an Assay of Viral Contamination (Assay Validation Project using SAS)
09/2002-01/2004 Master of Science, Applied Statistics
New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ
08/1990-07/1994 Bachelor of Science, Mineral Engineering
Northeastern University, Shenyang, P.R.China
03/1993-07/1994 82 Credits Courses Completion Certification for Advanced studies in English, English, Northeastern University, Shenyang, P.R.China
·Statistical software: SAS/base, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/Macro, SAS/QC, SAS/insight, SAS/JMP, SQL processing with SAS, CART, SPSS, VBA, Minitab, Cognos, Brio, BI
·Windows products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and WordPerfect
· Qiu Wang, Mei Ding, Zhenze Huang, Zhifeng Wang, Shaoming Ma, Feng Guo and Chen Zan, Mini Dictionary of English-Chinese well-known Sayings, 1996, ISBN 7-205-03641-0.