**** ***** ****** **, ********, GA 31811
Cell: 706-***-**** Email: email@example.com
Profile • Director of SE&H and Human Resources for Specialized Services, Inc.
• Ability to direct complex projects from concept to fully operational status.
• Managed and monitored equipment/vehicle fleet using telematics. Extensive knowledge of telematics in construction & vehicle fleets. Conducted extensive research and demos while working at SSI.
• Goal-oriented individual with strong leadership capabilities.
• Organized, highly motivated, and detail-directed problem solver.
• Proven ability to work in unison with staff and executive management under the Client/Customer/Owner contractual relationship, inclusive of risk management.
• Experienced in lowering EMR’s, TRIR’s, and engaging proper risk management strategies under OCIP/Wrap-up programs from the client company’s perspective.
• Experienced in Army Corp of Engineers/Federal Government on-site risk management and safety protocols.
• Experienced in Southern Company/Affiliated Power Companies on-site risk management and safety protocols.
Education OSHA 40 hour HAZMAT Training, OSHA approved
Confined Space Certified, OSHA approved
Georgia Utility Foreman’s License, Georgia State Construction Industry Licensing Board
Temporary Traffic Control Supervisor, National Safety Council
OSHA 30 hour Compliance Course General Industry & Construction, American Safety Training, Inc.
MSHA Approved Instructor, United States Department of Labor Mine Safety and Health Administration
Certified First Aid and CPR Instructor, National Safety Council Emergency Care Program
Commercial Pesticide Application Certification Turf grass and Ornamentals, Michigan Department of Agriculture
Central Lake High School, Central Lake, MI 4 years AUTO CADD, High School Diploma
Relevant Experience & Accomplishment • Managed recruitment, training, and staffing for the 350 member GFOC Florida division successfully.
• Oversaw operator staffing, safety, and MSHA Compliance issues at mining operations and construction sites.
• Oversaw OSHA Compliance issues at Company project sites, with Incident Rates below 1.0
• Successfully terminated site environmental problems on Company projects without loss of retainages.
• Successfully interacted with state compliance agencies for inspections and specific issues affecting storage tank certifications and the installation of a permanent fuel depot to guidelines.
• Managed and maintained Drug Free Workplace standards and drug testing in three states, firm wide.
• Investigated accidents and incidents for Company insurance carriers.
• Implemented and carried out SE&H directives responsible for reducing Company EMR from 1.12 down to .70 over 3 years.
• Lowered TRIR 70% during the same period.
• Accomplished these reductions across all GFOC affiliated companies during $24 million peak annual payroll and $244 million peak annual revenue periods in Florida, Georgia, and Alabama.
• Successfully implemented these Safety Strategies under the Marsh administered KIA OCIP in West Point, Ga.
Senior Safety Manager, Brad Cole Construction, Inc., Carrollton, GA
• Responsible for safety and health for multiple ACE projects at Ft. Benning, GA.
• Senior Safety Manager for $45 million project. No recordable accidents.
• Conduct daily site inspections to ensure safe practices and company policies.
• Conduct Site Safety Orientation and all necessary safety training for staff and sub contractors.
• Prepare, submit, and maintain Site Specific Safety Plans, AHA’s, & JSA’s for multiple projects.
• Responsible for sub-contractor safety. Conduct training and prepare sub-contractors for task specific safe operation.
Safety, Environment, and Health Director, Specialized Services, Inc., West Point, GA (SSI was purchased by Brad Cole Construction in May of 2010)
• Maintained incident rate and EMR below industry standards.
• Maintained DOT/CMV compliance for 15 units.
• Human Resources Manager for 85 employees.
• Implementation and management of Safety Strategy firm wide.
• Fuel storage tank and delivery systems management and regulatory compliance. Managed and maintained Fuel Master Equipment and accounting software using telematics
• Identification and mitigation of Risks firm wide.
• Oversaw the purchasing and selling of heavy equipment. Liquidated equipment when company closed the doors. Over $3 million sold. May 2010-April 2012
FL Safety Director, Graham Family of Companies, Wildwood, FL
• Regional Human Resource manager for 350 employees.
• Purchased, directed installations, and maintained fuel storage tank facilities in compliance with FDEP regulations.
• Florida MSHA Trainer for all company mines.
• Managed GFOC Safety Strategy for all Florida operations.
• Promoted and transferred to oversee Safety Program Operations during construction phase of KIA MOTORS in West Point, Ga.
• Maintained DOT/CMV compliance for approx. 100 units. 2006-2008
Assistant Safety Director, Graham Family of Companies, Wildwood, FL
• Conducted job site inspections to insure safety and environmental issues were satisfactory.
• Maintained inventory of safety supplies for job sites and 350 employee FL divisions. 2005-2006
Manager of Livingston Lawn Improvement, Bellaire, MI
• (Sales) Obtain lawn improvement contracts.
• Take soil samples to determine each lawns individual fertilizer needs.
• Identify trouble spots in lawns. Schedule and determine what chemicals to use for each individual lawn or trouble area.
• Schedule and execute more than 120 contracts. Typically 3-6 applications per summer per yard, depending on contract agreement and needs.
• Order Fertilizer, Chemicals, and other supplies.
• Applied winter applications for local golf courses.
• Schedule and direct mowing crew. 1997-2004 Summer
Supervisor Ski Shop, Shanty Creek Resort, Bellaire, MI
• Trained and supervised 15-20 employees.
• Balanced sales that exceeded $15,000 daily.
• Inspect and maintain ski equipment to ensure customer safety. 1997-2004 Winter
The Villages, FL – Multiple Projects
Responsible for health and safety of over 250 employees.
KIA Manufacturing West Point, GA – Multiple Projects
Average of 175 pieces of heavy equipment. Staffed and maintained more than 200 operators for 24 hour operations with no loss time accidents.
I-85 Interchange West Point, GA
Recruited and staffed with no loss time accidents and low turnover.
Country Crossing Dothan, AL
Recruited and staffed with no loss time accidents and low turnover.
US Army Corp of Engineers -Fort Benning, GA – Multiple Projects
USACE Project Site Safety Compliance management, recruitment, and staffing with no loss time accidents and low turnover.
Plant Wansley Southern Company – Franklin, GA
Responsible for site safety and OSHA compliance. Lead Safety Manager. Over 360,000 hours worked to date with no recordable injuries.