Evans, Ga. *****
**** ******** ** ***** **** School
Associates in Business – Southern Wesleyan
Southern Wesleyan (Candidate for BS in Management)
Executive coach Training
Positive Management Leadership Training
Supervisor Training (Darla Moore School @ University of South Carolina)
Materials Coordinator (promotion)
06/18/12 to present
Customer order processing, production scheduling, and purchasing
Shipping and receiving
Cycle count integrity
11/07/11 to 06/18/12
Purchasing raw material and non-standard product
Planning, scheduling, and shipping
Cycle count program
Receiving of Purchase orders
Coordinate inbound/outbound material
07/15/08 to 05/05/11 Cytec Industries
Logistics Site Lead/Supervisor
Cytec Industries Inc. is a global specialty chemicals and materials company focused on developing, manufacturing and selling value-added products.
• Led and managed the Site Logistics team and to deliver safe, responsive, and reliable operations at optimal cost.
• Managing day-to-day shipping and receiving activities of TL, LTL, air, bulk, and FCL/LCL shipments of hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals. Performed Inventory control
• Drove continuous improvement and step change transformation for the receipt, storage and movement of products to the requisite levels of record accuracy.
• Managed and made effective use of equipment, facilities and systems to ensure optimum operation of flow of material and product storage.
• Ensured process adherence in all functions at all times.
• Maintained and updated all process documents per ISO guidelines and provided training as necessary for new employees.
• Ensured each employee had documented refresher training for each work process within their specific function.
• Coordinated effectively with all areas of the Supply Chain and internal/external customers.
• Documented and communicated all issues noted as potential non-conformances or opportunities for improvement while working with bulk and packaged vendors.
• Coordinated material flow including management of carriers in and out of the North Augusta site.
• Utilized Visiship to ensure proper carriers were utilized to deliver goods at negotiated price.
• Reported monthly performance metrics on key carriers to corporate transportation for review.
• Utilized reports to identify issues that would delay timely shipping of customer orders and resolved them to avoid customer dissatisfaction delayed or expedited shipments.
• Order fulfillment (picking orders, packing needs, and shipping products)
• Team building. Created and achieved department goals
• Planning and scheduling
• ISO 90001 compliance
• Training and experience in Lean & 5S
• 49 CFR certified
• IATA/IMO certified
Kennametal IPG / Greenfield 08/01/06 to 07/10/08 – SAP & Inventory Control
Inventory Control – Provide adequate and accurate inventory. Manage cycle counts
Production & Planning Control – Provide accurate work order information and ensure requirements are filled
Sarbanes/ Oxley compliance
SAP Coordinator – WM, PP, & MM module. Provide system support for manufacturing. Train supervisors and planners on how to use SAP.
Supervisor – Supervise personnel for receiving and inventory areas
Maintain cross departmental communication
Strong excel use pertaining to SAP reports and various supply needs
09/01/04 to 08/01/06 - Materials/Distribution Manager
Supervise Distribution Supervisor ( 30 reports), Supervise 4 Salary employees (Planners), All the same duties, as previous Distribution Supervisor, plus Production Control and Production Planning, Export Compliance Coordinator, SAP key user, Inventory Champion for Augusta
12/08/03 to 9/1/04 - Distribution Supervisor-Production Control Supervisor
I supervised 30 production operators; I supervised 6 Temps,
All the same duties, as previous Distribution Supervisor, plus Production Control
05/03 to 12/08/03 - Production Supervisor
Daily production goals, Quality issues enforced, Lean manufacturing, Team meetings on Lean and Continues improvement, I supervised 18 production operators, Expediting of work orders,
4/00 to 05/03 - Distribution Supervisor
A.S.K. system knowledge, O.M.A.R system knowledge, I supervised 14 direct and 14 in-direct people and 7 temps, Continuous improvement weekly, Cycle count, Inventory control, Shipping and receiving, Traffic control, Manage back order reports daily - A.S.K. reports, Manage production daily - A.S.K. Reports, Monitor sales orders through OMAR.
5/99 to 4/00 - Product Engineer Technicians
AutoCAD- prepare "Specials" prints for shop floor, A.S.K. system work - prepare routings, bill of materials, and cost justification, Reading customer blueprints, Talk with Applied Product Specialists on technical issues regarding product, Run production quiz's on system,
1/92 to 5/99 - R & D Lab Technician
Evaluate and Test cutting tools, Maintain records of performance, QA implementation and Statistical Process Control (SPC), Fill in as temporary Metallurgist and Heat Treat Technician, Demonstrate and discuss cutting tools for distributors, Measure cutting tools with precise instruments, Set-up and operate CNC machines, Collect digital output readings from drills (Dynamometer), Mix up various acid blends. (For macro etching tools)
10/90 to 1/92 - CNC Screw Machine Operators
Screw machine operator, SPC charting for all machined tooling,
10/87 to 10/90 - Auto -Cut Operator
Cut-off Machine operator, Qualified to operate all 24 machines in area,
SPC charting for all machined tooling
APICS Supply Chain Management, Human Resource Policies, Traffic control, CashMaxx, AutoCAD, SAP system, A.S.K. system, OMAR system, Lean Manufacturing, Trained, Focus Factory Trained, Manufacturing Procedures, Computer Operated Machinery, Computer Literate - Excel (certificate from Computer City), Word 6.0,and Lotus, Certificate for Design and Development (Taught at Greenfield), Ordering of various office and mechanical supplies
Troubleshooting machine problems, Familiar with Material Safety Data Sheets, Trained on hazard material, CPR - Trained
Basic Supervision - First Time Supervisors - Leadership for Managers & Supervisors - Resolving Conflict Effectively - Management Foundations - How to become a better Communicator
References upon request