ROGER B. BULLOCK
Potterville, Michigan *****
SENIOR OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE
Performance Improvement/Turnaround & Revitalization/Personnel Management/Team Development
A multifaceted, innovative, and solutions-focused operations professional with a career demonstrating visionary leadership, expertise, and outstanding performance in operational management of multi-site, national, and international operations. Forward-thinking leader and enterprising problem-solver with tactical and strategic vision, keen bottom-line focus, and success in optimizing efficiency and maximizing results through delivery of value-added systems. Results-oriented individual with a documented track record in project management, cost containment, team development, and performance improvement. Recognized as a team player and performer able to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, efficiently resolve complex issues, and consistently exceed established goals and objectives. Effective and decisive motivator, mentor, trainer, and communicator with “hands-on” management style and a proven reputation in increasing organizational efficiency and conformance. Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, troubleshooting and conflict resolution/management skills. Superior written and oral aptitude.
• Policy Creation/Enforcement • Personnel Management • Cost Productivity/Containment
• Performance Improvement • Team Training/Development • Vendor Sourcing/Negotiation
• Project Planning/Execution • Conflict Resolution • Inventory Purchasing/Control
• Operations Management • Staffing/Scheduling • Budget Administration
• Client Relations/Retention
• Goal Attainment • Organizational Development
• Risk Management/Avoidance • Revenue Enhancement
• Business Process Analysis
Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Bachelor of Science, History and Education
Lieutenant Colonel, United States Army, 1984 – 2010
American Legion Certificate of School Award Armed Forces Reserve Medal Army Achievement Medal
Army Commendation Medal Army Reserve Component Achievement Medal Army Service Ribbon
Certificate of Achievement - 46th Military Police Company Certificate of Appreciation, Kellogg Elementary School
Certificate of Appreciation, Michigan Military Academy Certificate of Appreciation – Mobilization Officer
Certificate of Commendation, Borgess Hospital Certificate of Commendation, Kalamazoo Police Department
Certificate of Commendation, Vulnerability Assessment Officer Cold War Service Ribbon
Distinguished Service Medal Global War on Terrorism Service Medal Joint Services Achievement Medal
Meritorious Service Medal Michigan Broadsword Medal Michigan OCONUS Service Ribbon
Michigan State Partnership Ribbon National Defense Service Medal
CHRONOLOGY OF PROFESSIONAL/MILITARY EXPERIENCE
CACI January 2012 - Present
General Dynamics Information Technology Feb. 2010 – Jan. 2012
United States Army (Active Duty) Oct. 1989 – Jan. 2010
Training Officer, 46th Military Police Command Jun. 2008 – Jan. 2010
Officer-in-Charge, Pre-Mobilization Training Assistance Element Oct. 2007- Jun. 2008
Chief of Staff, 177th Military Police Brigade Jan. 2005 – Oct. 2007
Executive Officer, 210th Military Police Battalion Aug. 2002 – Jan. 2005
Executive Officer, 156th Signal Battalion (Part-Time) Oct. 1999 – Aug. 2002
Plans Officer, 177th Military Police Brigade (Part-Time) Apr. 1997 – Sept. 1999
Risk Assessment Officer, 177th Military Police Brigade (Part-Time) Sept. 1993 – Mar. 1997
Roger B. Bullock Resume Page Two
Electronic Security Officer, Michigan Army National Guard May 1991 – Jun. 1997
Commander, 46th Military Police Company (Part-Time) Dec. 1990 – Aug. 1993
Mobilization Officer, Michigan Army National Guard Oct. 1989 – Apr. 1991
ADVANCED TRAINING/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
American Society for Industrial Security, Facility Security Design & Physical Security Technology and Application Course
Army Corps of Engineers, Electronic Security Systems Design Course Battalion Training Management System Course
Civil Disturbance Leaders Course Combined Arms and Services Staff School Command and General Staff College
Composite Risk Management Course Instructor Training Course
Joint Services Interior Intrusion Detection System Installation/Maintenance Course Military Police Transition Course
NGB Technician Personnel Management Course Officers Candidate School Platoon Trainers Course
Signal Officers Advanced Course Signal Officers Basic Course Survey Officer Training Task Leaders Course
Unit Commanders Course
KEY QUALIFICATIONS & HIGHLIGHTS OF PROFESSIONAL/MILITARY EXPERIENCE
• Successfully planned a required organizational restructure; maintained current levels of productivity and decreased full time staffing by 30%.
• Resolved roadblocks to the integration of staff functional areas, resulting in more efficient planning and shortening of the decision cycle.
• Seamlessly integrated Human Resources, Intelligence, and Logistics into all operational planning.
• Served as the Co-Chairman of the National Guard Bureau Electronic Security Systems Working Group and assisted in developing new national policies and procedures.
• Integrated higher and lower echelon planners as well as logistics, supply, and HR representatives into a comprehensive plans group; resulted in more agile and responsive planning and a shorter decision cycle.
• Planned and supervised the simultaneous transfer of two (2) major subordinate organizations out of the Brigade and two (2) new major subordinate organizations into the Brigade.
• Deployed with a middle-management team to the Pentagon; supervised exterior security and access control; developed, refined, and rehearsed detailed contingency plans for emergency situations; resulted in a higher degree of safety and preparedness for personnel and infrastructure.
• Integrated four (4) new subordinate units into operations and rotated out the existing four (4) during the tour while maintaining 100% security.
• Rebuilt a solid team by defining staff roles and responsibilities; aligned individual’s skills with an appropriate position, mentored staff on specific knowledge deficiencies, and enforced groups’ achievement of objectives.
• Designed and implemented metric training trackers; certified that functional units met performance measures for Senior Management documentation.
• Developed and enforced training and operational goals; required that published standards and performance measures be utilized as indicators of progress or success; resulting in accurate assessment of weaknesses and the development of appropriate corrective actions.
• Conceptualized plans, directives, and exercise scenarios designed to assist training audiences in achieving preparation objectives; integrated subordinate organizations into multiple training exercises and taught, coached, and mentored training audiences including senior leaders; resulted in higher operational efficiency
• Interacted and liaisoned with multiple State and Federal organizations ensuring compliance with all State and Federal guidelines.
• Determined, recommended, and implemented appropriate counter measures for anticipated threat actions.
• Analyzed risk to operations based on threat capabilities, strengths, mission, current operations, and most likely and most dangerous courses of action.
• Utilized intuitive and analytical predictive analysis to assess physical security risks by considering asset type, value, replacability, current protective measures, and types of threat.
• Met with individual organizations and coordinated multiple training plans and resource allocation/utilization.
• Supervised and coordinated staff development of detailed plans for multiple complex consecutive operations to include Super Bowl security, major emergency preparedness exercise, International Capability Demonstration, Hurricane Katrina response, and oversees deployment of Senior Management Team.
Roger B. Bullock Resume Page Three
Budget Administration/Fiscal Management
• Consolidated communications and system monitoring requirements and achieved economies of scale resulting in saving to the department in excess of $2M.
• Developed financial and budgeting goals and created policies and procedures for maintenance and repair of systems; generated and implemented a time phased equipment replacement plan; secured external sources of funding, resulting in almost no cost to the department for upgrades and replacement of equipment, communications costs, monitoring costs, and employee costs.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS & HIGHLIGHTS OF PROFESSIONAL/MILITARY EXPERIENCE (CONTINUED)
Personnel Management/Team Development
• Increased collective training proficiency assessments across the board from all untrained to all either partially trained or trained.
• Received an Outstanding rating on 3 of 4 external evaluations.
• Responsible for the performance of more than ninety (90) full-time staff;
• Inherited an untrained staff; trained staff on decision making and problem solving processes and developed processes and procedures to integrate Human Resources and Logistics into operational planning.
• Recruited, interviewed, hired, and directed training for thirteen (13) subordinates all of whom have gone on to be model employees.
• Personally recruited and hired nine top notch personnel for Senior Management overseas deployment.
• Developed and supervised the implementation of a process to integrate HR, medical, logistics, and operations support into the preparations of units deploying overseas; process resulted in the successful deployment of ten (10) subordinate organizations consisting of approximately 1,300 employees.
• Led the staff through development of vertical and horizontal lines of communication; resulted in a shared vision and shorter decision cycle.
• Directed, managed, and integrated processes of the staff comprised of Human Resources, Competitive Data Collection, Operations, Logistics and Supply, Communications, Information Technology/Management, Legal, and Public Affairs.
• Fostered a climate where creativity and imagination were expected in planning.
American Alarm Services Company Inc. Eaton Rapids, MI Jun. 1997 – Aug. 2002
Partnered with the Michigan Army National Guard (MIARNG) and launched a start-up electronic security firm; specialized in electronic security for military weapons, ammunition, and explosives.
• Managed day-to-day operations including planning, budgeting, expense control, ordering/procurement, inventory control, payroll, scheduling, and P&L management.
• Created and implemented operational polices and procedures; developed lateral lines of business expansion. Generated and directed overall profit and loss; instituted cost center objectives and goals.
• Determined allocation of personnel, budgets, and resources.
• Provided strategic leadership and direction for current and future operational plans; developed plans to replace all existing analog alarm equipment with digital equipment and increasing cost efficiency for MIARNG.
• Served as a security consultant to the MIARNG; performed all bi-annual required services.
• Produced an alarm monitoring service; monitored all of the MIARNG electronic security systems and maintained a Federally compliant program.
• Regularly liaisoned with State and Federal officials; advised MIARNG on obtaining additional Federal funding.
• Spearheaded the recruitment, training, staffing, scheduling, and development of company personnel; supervised up to six (6) employees and two (2) installation crews.
• Trained new hires in all systems and procedures, company policies, sales techniques, and product knowledge.
• Client realized an additional $1.5K annual operational savings.
• Expanded services to existing clients resulting in a revenue increase of 203%, 2001.
References Furnished Upon Request