*** * ***** ****** • Brooklyn, New York 11238
917-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org
Outstanding Investment and Financial Analyst Professional with a proven record of generating revenue, identifying high-potential opportunities and successfully managing assets. Specialize in significantly increasing revenue by generating innovative investment ideas that appeal to a broad base of clients. Thrive on competition, challenges and creatively solving complex investment problems. Expert in building portfolios with particular emphasis on distressed and undervalued situations. Demonstrated success at effectively coordinating multi-million-dollar projects. Proactive leader known for establishing strategic partnerships and managing/motivating a staff of high-performance professionals.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Revenue Generation • Portfolio Management • Asset Evaluation • Investment Idea Generation
Financial Analysis • Quantitative Research • Product Evaluation • Profit Modeling
Distressed Portfolios • Small and Micro Caps • High-Yield Products
Team Management • Written Reports • Training and Mentoring • Building Relationships
SEATON SECURITIES GROUP – Union Beach, New Jersey – 2009
Broker dealer with offices in New York and Florida. Generated 1 million dollars of aggregate business.
High Yield/Distressed Salesman and Analyst
Salesman of Distressed and High Yield products with book of business of 50 clients. Developed client base. Produced morning High Yield Note to client base to generate conversation and business
. High Yield, Distressed bond sales trader. Bought in $1 million aggregate trading revenue without sales or research team and without committing capital.
. Generate research ideas for buy side clients, by creating my own synopsus of the credit.
PALI CAPITAL • New York, New York • 2006-2008
International broker dealer with offices in New York, England, Singapore, Minnesota and Boston. Generates $100 million annually and employs 500 people.
Senior High Yield Debt Proprietary Trading Analyst
Analyze distressed companies and create a daily axe sheet for client base with product recommendations. Develop investment ideas for proprietary trading book; meet with hedge funds, special situations groups and institutional clientele to discuss investment possibilities; and trade distressed portfolio. Train group’s junior analysts in product information and evaluation methodologies. Portable book of buy-side business.
• Generated more than $5 million in soft trading by authoring research that influenced client purchases.
• Focused on distressed debt, special situations, mid-cap, small-cap and micro-cap stocks to generate revenue using discounted cash flow, free cash flow and relative value models to forecast earnings and determine intrinsic value.
• Recommended producing both a morning and an afternoon sell sheet to showcase newly identified distressed situations in order to have constant communication with buy side clients.
• Complete understanding of bankruptcy laws in order to produce waterfall turnaround workouts that determine post-bankruptcy intrinsic value.
• Developed models for determining the relative value of stocks using trailing and forward P/E and EV to EBITDA.
PARAGON CAPITAL • New York, New York • 1997-2005
Broker dealer company generating $50 million in annual sales from offices in New York, Florida, California and Colorado.
Senior Portfolio Analyst of Distressed and Special Situation Portfolio
Led team of analysts to evaluate, purchase and sell products within the distressed debt portfolio, specializing in bankruptcies, value stocks ignored by Wall Street, warrants, convertible preferred stocks, liquidation, litigation stubs and limited partnerships. Forecast sales, earnings, growth NPV, IRR, investment rates and risk.
• Led company’s most successful team for 4 consecutive years, grossing more than 200% revenue and generating gross revenue of more than $20 million.
• Successfully analyzed bankruptcies, turnarounds and workouts to qualify investments and maximize the firm’s capital.
• Initiated multiple new screening methods that used Bloomberg to search for undervalued assets that fit with the portfolio’s strategy.
• Being the only analyst, able to multi-task research assignments covering three companies with expertise and maintaining a watchful eye on an additional ten companies.
KEA CAPITAL • New York, New York • 1993-1997
Local boutique research company generating $10 million annually.
High Yield Analyst
Supervised 20-person staff in small cap, micro cap and distressed debt credit situations. Analyzed company cash flow and financial ratios, evaluated credit potential and authored research reports that recommended various products. Attended industry conferences and trade shows to network, form strategic relationships and gain industry knowledge.
• Led efforts that successfully increased corporate revenue from $1 million to $5 million.
• Established critical business and client relationships that grew company from 16 clients to more than 70 clients.
• Developed managerial procedures, research templates and training programs that contributed to bottom-line profit.
• Used blended method predicated on specific types of analysis, contacted company officers, directors, industry analyst, consultants and vendors.
Master of Arts in Economics (in progress)
Baruch University • New York, New York
Bachelor of Arts in Economics
City University of New York at Queens College • New York, New York
CFA Level 1 Candidate
Series 7 and 63 Licenses