Mississauga, Ontario, L4Z 3Z4
An efficient, reliable and self-motivated individual with experience in Management, Manufacturing, Packaging, Maintenance, Repairs, Servicing and Quality Control, supported by a strong background in Mechanical Engineering. Self-starter with ability to multitask and work under pressure, very flexible, adaptable and trainable with superior organizational, coordinating and interpersonal skills combined with excellent work ethics and a pleasant attitude.
Oct. 2006 – 2012 CFA Communications Ltd. Operations/Plant Manager
• Direct day-to-day plant activities based on production requirements.
• Directly manage 5 supervisors, overseeing 50+ full time and temps employees.
• Provide technical support to supervisors and operators.
• Develop and provide training to employees.
• Provide support to the sales team, ensuring all sales and service objective were met.
• Interact with diverse customer base in person and telephonic.
Recommend service and product options to meet customer needs.
• Creation and execution of a preventive maintenance program, ensuring programs meet the manufacturer’s specifications.
• Establish operational policies and implement process improvements to ensure superior efficiency, quality and outstanding outputs.
• Reduced staff by 25% while maintaining production/packaging levels through a lean manufacturing redesign of operational process.
• Lead CFA’s team in securing Sony DADC Canada Co. packaging and kitting contracts.
• Member of the Health & Safety Committee and First Aid certified.
• Investigate cost variances to ensure higher profits.
Nov. 2000 – 2006 VideoLux Canada Inc. Plant Manager
• Responsible for day to day operations of a 3 shift plant.
• Manage 3 supervisors, 2 office managers and 50+ unionized employees.
• Responsible for purchasing inventory, customer service, equipment and building maintenance.
• Relocated a complete line of VHS loaders and VHS packaging equipment generating a $3M in annual revenue from Hendaye, France.
• Demonstrated success in customer relationship management with ability to quickly build mutually beneficial relationships.
• Able to handle multiple assignments under high pressure and consistently meet tight deadlines.
• Negotiated favorable terms with vendors that significantly improved buying power.
• Improved manufacturing process lowering operational costs.
• Member of the Health & Safety Committee.
Mar. 1994 – Nov. 2000 VideoLux Canada Inc. Supervisor
• Supervise production and Packaging lines.
• Responsible for checking and verifying products to quality control standards
• Supervise morning, or evening shifts.
• Adjust and repair equipment.
• Conduct preventive maintenance to entire plant equipment.
• Responsible for planning and directing employee activities.
• Replace Plant Manager while away.
Sept 1999 – Oct. 2000 Clark Medical Products Inc. Technician
• Manufacture and assemble medical products.
• Fabricate products from schematics using lathe, milling machines, grinder, drill press, hydraulic benders, stamping press and brake press machine.
Oct. 1993 – Mar. 1994 Clarkson Auto Electric Inc. Electro-Mechanic
• Rebuilt alternators, starters and various auto electric equipment
1979 – 1985 M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering
University of Brasov
1977 – 1978 Technical Training in Electro-Mechanics
University of Brasov
Certificates Standard First Aid
Health and Safety
Languages English, French, Romanian
References Available upon request