Toughkenamon, PA 19374
Objective: Seeking a challenging opportunity where I will be able to utilize my strong organizational skills, educational background, and ability to work well with people, which will allow me to grow personally and professionally. I am self-motivated and able to work both independently and as a collaborative team member.
Experience: 2012 – Present Catholic Health Initiatives, PA
Patient Account Representative
• Analyze open receivables to ensure adherence to contract terms, federal regulations, and policies and procedures.
• Ability to identify information regarding outstanding account receivable balances and works effectively to resolve issues.
• Interaction with specific internal and external business partners to resolve account receivables.
• Proficient in multiple computer programs including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, E-Premis, Meditech, EHX, Health Care Reports, and Chartmax.
• Consistently meet and exceed quality performance guidelines.
• Display a high effort in collaborative efforts to support team members and facility.
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to provide satisfaction and problem resolution.
• Maintain confidentiality and protection of sensitive data at all times.
2011 – 2012 Arrowsmith Cleaning Solutions Townsend, DE
• Basic cleaning responsibilities
2007 – 2010 Wissinoming Ambulance First Aid Corp. Philadelphia, PA
• Dispatch incoming ambulance calls from dialysis, hospitals, and emergency facilities.
• Currier required paperwork from dispatch office to billing office daily.
• Translate intake sheets to ICD-9 codes and enter information into billing system.
• Input all new patients’ demographics, updates, and manage continuing accounts.
• Electronically transmit claims to Medicare using Medisoft billing software.
• Electronically receive Medicare reimbursement and post to patient accounts.
• Electronically transmit all commercial claims to insurance through Zirmed billing software.
• Responsible for maintaining monthly accounts management reports for supervisor.
• Establish and maintain a professional relationship with all facilities servicing patients.
• Handle all requests from insurance companies as well as patient care facilities for adequate documentation necessary for claim payment along with proper record keeping.
• Assist patients in setting up and rescheduling necessary transports.
• Handle high call volume, multiple lines.
• Archive yearly patient files.
• Train new employees on all billing systems and routine office duties.
2002 – 2007 Doctors Billing Clerk/Customer Care Corp. Huntingdon Valley, PA
Medical Claims Payment Poster/Claims Investigation
• Knowledge of ICD-9 coding 1,2, and 3
• CPT coding and billing intermediate documentation requirements for HCFA claims.
• Knowledge of Medicare guidelines for billing and problem solving for reimbursement.
• Trained in Zywin and Zymed billing systems.
• Responsible for posting the medical payments from various insurance carriers.
• Applying first, second, and third party payments for numerous practices.
• Trained in obtaining Medicare reports generated to each practice for claims processing.
• Able to trouble-shoot errors in the processing of the medical claims for reimbursement with insurance carriers.
• Understanding HCFA billing requirements along with HIPAA rules and regulations.
• Maintaining deadlines for client billing and employee bonuses.
• Consistently reduced client’s reports on monthly basis.
• Consistently met and exceeded production of quality standards in the office.
• Maintained pleasant atmosphere and able to get along well with others.
2002 – 2010 Rosewood Caterers Philadelphia, PA
• Set up tables and layout according to party instruction.
• Provide quality service in polite and prompt manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Assist head waiter in servicing guests of honor and families.
• Prepare appetizers, hors d’oeurves, salads, desserts and coffee
• Serve guests during buffet and assist with all requests.
• Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
• Break down room, dispose of linens, clean and sanitize all work stations.
Education: 2012 – Current Dawn Career Institute Wilmington, DE
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
Skills include: Knowledge and understanding of general office procedures, HCFA 1500- Claim form completion requirements, proficient in medical terminology, overview of Federal, State and Commercial Insurance carriers, HIPAA guidelines, ICD-9-CM, HCPCS, and CPT coding instruction.
1993 – 1997 St. Hubert High School Philadelphia, PA
General Education, Typing I and II