Neal Bradley Makdani
Cell Phone: 647-***-****
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a position as a Junior Bookkeeper Clerk
• Well developed in economic and accounting theory through studies at the University of Toronto Mississauga
• Excellent analytical and report-writing skills that include proof reading and editing through numerous group assignments and case studies.
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic group environment as well as independently.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills working with others as well as in customer service
• Proficient in MS Excel such as being able to create Pivot tables, Sorting data and creating formulae
• Adept in using Quickbooks Pro Software, e.g. being able to manage vendor and customer files, managing bank and billing transactions and creating reports and budgets.
• Organized and helped coordinate group cases and presentations with the assistance of power point slides at university, achieving high marks on the presentations
• Identifying fundamental problems and issues of business cases and discussing potential conclusions to resolve case with group members
• Resolved inter group conflicts that arose on what should be done and how to proceed
• Capable of setting up trial balance, profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
• Knowledgeable on basic audit procedures and tests
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Commerce, University of Toronto Mississauga 2007-2011
• Specialist in Accounting, Major in Economics
• Relevant Courses: Financial Accounting Theory & Policy I & II, Business Finance I & II, Critical Thinking, Analysis and Decision Making, Auditing & Advanced Auditing Topics, Advanced Accounting, Management control, Information System and Technology, and IT Assurance
Edexcel GCE Advanced Levels, 2005-2007
• Advanced Level courses: Accounting, Business Studies, Economics
Duke of Edinburgh Award for Young People: Bronze, Silver and Gold Standard 2003-2007
• Volunteer work: Assisted with efforts to clean up a public park as well as helping kindergarten instructors in teaching young students Math and English.
• Expedition: Participated in the Award’s expeditions to Jordan and the Czech Republic, which highly emphasized teamwork and leadership skills to navigating the landscape of the countryside and working as a group to reach daily destinations.
• Skill: Contributed to the Kuwait English School’s concerts throughout the year by participating in the band.
• Fully proficient with the following computer applications:
• Quickbooks Pro accounting software,
• Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Microsoft operating systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista Windows 7
• Internet and social media savvy.
Department Clerk, Metro Ontario Incorporated, Toronto,ON April 2008 – August 2008
Customer Service Skills
• Served as a clerk in the fish department
• Performed independently and in a team environment to ensure that all customers were satisfactorily attended to.
• Greeted and helped customers in a professional and friendly manner
• Able to adapt quickly to changes in customer’s orders
Teamwork and Cooperation
• Contributed to sales of the department
• Liased with manager about additional tasks required from the department
REFERENCES UPON REQUEST
1234 Tynegrove Road
Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 3A3
Ausgust 23rd, 2012
Eve International Inc.
Re: Junior Bookkeeper Position
Dear Hiring Manager,
During my studies at the University of Toronto, I have earned relevant knowledge and practical skills in accounting as well as had the opportunity to develop my analytical, organizational and teamwork skills. These are traits that would be greatly suited to your company.
Focusing on analyzing and reconciling the details and problems of any situation is a firm priority for any task that needed to be done. What interests me is the breakdown of a problem into its basic elements, understanding the necessity of each piece of information and coming up with a viable solution. These areas have always been a stimulating and satisfying challenge in any of my group assignments, especially in managerial accounting courses where creative solutions have shown to be effective at solving problems.
Teamwork has been a crucial component in all of my work in completing my Bachelor's of Commerce degree. Many assignments have included brainstorming for ideas, delegating work according to strengths of each group member, discussing the effectiveness to each solution and helping others with more difficult tasks. Not only have these practices and experiences have made me a very conscience and observant team player, but they have also given me the chance to take a lead in organizing the different stages of my assignments. With great time management skills, we performed exceptionally in these assignments and have also completed them much before the deadline. I had found collaboration to be extremely helpful and it brings a satisfying experience. I always look forward to working in a friendly and cooperative environment and to help preserve this working atmosphere.
With these skills and experiences I have acquired, I firmly believe that you will highly benefit by hiring me for the position. I am enthusiastic about working for your company and welcome the opportunity to discuss my suitability with your company. Thank You.