• Microsoft Office: EXCEL; WORD
• General Ledger
• Financial Analysis & Reporting
• Sales and Use Tax
• Supervisory Skills
Balere Language Academy Miami 2012
Teaching students, grades 4-6 in Mathematics and Science.
Tutor, 1st Choice for Education Tutoring Ft. Lauderdale 2011
Tutoring students, grades 3-8 in Mathematics to prepare them for FCAT testing.
Tax Auditor 2006 to 2010
Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Efficiently audit revenue from the slot machine operations for the pari-mutuel casinos in Broward County to assure compliance with the laws of the State of Florida, including revenue and tax remittance as well as other internal controls.
• Developed reporting requirements for five pari-mutuel properties.
• Composed standard operating procedures for all auditors for reconciling and job performance.
• Reconciled daily over $2 million of revenue.
Tax Auditor 1999 to 2006
Florida Department of Revenue Hollywood, Florida
Successfully audit medium to large taxpayers to determine tax compliance with Florida Statutes and Rules. Prepare schedules and compute tax assessment based upon documented findings. Educate taxpayer regarding sales and use tax laws and recommend improvements in taxpayer’s reporting methods.
• Passed sales and use tax course in ‘Golden Circle’.
• Promoted to Auditor II in less than one year.
• Closed dozens of cases bringing in assessments and payments totaling over $1 million.
Senior Accountant 1993 to 1999
Beckman-Coulter Corporation Hialeah, Florida
Manage budget process for $200 million manufacturing division including balance sheet, capital and profit and loss statements. Responsible for all phases of planning from initial management package to final review and input. Analyze monthly operating results. Lead several cost-cutting teams, presenting team savings results to senior management. Prepare monthly general ledger journal entries. Reconcile fixed asset accounts, analyze capital requests for committee review, and conduct fixed asset audits.
• Automated budgeting input and reporting process greatly reducing planning time.
• Streamlined inventory receiving process resulting in less overhead expense.
• Reconciled over $100 million construction/fixed asset subledgers to general ledger.
Georgia Institute of Technology Masters of Science in Industrial Management Atlanta, GA
Florida Atlantic University Bachelors of Arts – Political Science Boca Raton, FL