EXECUTIVE-LEVEL MANAGEMENT: PRODUCT MARKETING
Expert senior product marketer and marketing team leader, with a passion for technology, that brings a market and customer-oriented approach to technology-centric B2B companies. Successfully productize and commercialize new products and services through process-oriented product marketing including market research, go-to-market planning and execution, packaging and pricing, demand generation and PR. Most recently, helped a storage software company increase revenues by 327% through commercialization of a new product for the service provider market, while reducing time to market by 2.5 months.
Product Marketing *Pricing *Market/Competitive Research and Analysis * Sales Training * Marketing/Sales Integration * Marketing Communications *Enterprise Software Lead Generation *Product Evangelism * Market Requirements Documents
INTERMEDIA, New York, NY * 2008 – October, 2009
Director of Marketing
Software as a Service company specializing in the hosting of email, unified messaging and collaboration software including Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Office Communications Server, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
* Grew Intermedia’s enterprise customer base and revenues by 108% by customizing solution messaging, positioning and go to market plan uniquely for the enterprise segment, as well as creating a new enterprise-specific lead capture, nurture and sales process.
* Identified Intermedia’s partner channel as key path to revenue growth. Refocused partner acquisition program on fast-growing managed service provider space. New partners declined by 21%, while overall revenue from the partner channel increased 54%. Partners now contribute 1/3 of all Intermedia revenues.
*Taught executive management team to create and manage a marketing and sales funnel for optimizing demand generation and sales performance. Using the funnel, we identified and filled key process holes, resulting in a increase of sales closure rate from 13% to 21.5%
XANDROS / SCALIX, New York, NY * 2005- 2008
Director of Product Marketing
Enterprise software company that develops cross platform systems monitoring and management tools and e-mail/group calendaring software for medium sized businesses.
*Transformed company from a publisher of consumer/SOHO/VSB desktop and server Linux operating systems to an enterprise applications and management tools company. Exited company from high cost, low margin retail packaged software, and focused business on high margin, recurring revenue solutions for large businesses. Negotiated acquisition of Scalix in May 2007. Shift converted business from $2 to $15m in three years.
*Created new distribution channel for Scalix solution through the hosting market. Collaborated with product management and engineering teams to build a hosting market solution. Developed solution value proposition, messaging and position, and executed go to market plan for hosted solution, generating $2m run rate in 3 months. Hosted model now accounts for 36% of Scalix sales.
*Brought Xandros’ custom operating system solution to market. Successful product launch resulted in three major OEM relationships, including Asus, which used the solution to create the EEEPC, the first “netbook.”
* Identified large market opportunity to provide Linux solution management capabilities to Microsoft-centric businesses. Conducted market research and developed business case and marketing requirements for product team. Successfully launched early version of the product in North America and Europe. Resulted in
large partnership with Microsoft to integrate solution with Systems Center Operations Manager product, and now comprises the largest portion of revenue of all Xandros’ products.
EBIZQ, New Rochelle, NY * 2002- 2004
Director of Product Marketing
Technology media and marketing services company specializing in Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), middleware, and web services. Company provides outsourced lead generation and nurturing services to enterprise software companies.
• Shifted product mix from online advertising focus to lead generation focus. Created and launched multiple new lead generation services, including a webinar program that increased revenues by 210% in two years.
• Increased average lead generation product margins by 15% through creation of an automated lead delivery system that feeds leads directly into customers’ CRM and marketing database systems.
• Grew company’s subscriber base by 722% through development and execution of an inbound marketing program that included search engine optimization, content syndication and blogging.
TECHTARGET, Needham, Massachusetts * 2000-2002
ECommerce Product/Marketing Manager
Leading IT media company that publishes integrated content, enabling IT marketers to reach targeted communities of IT professionals and executives. Annual readership totals +5M people and +1M subscribers.
* Built eCommerce business from scratch, achieving $1M in net sales within 1st year of operation.
* Increased program ROI by 245% by shifting business model to focus on product marketing and sales, while outsourcing order management, fulfillment and customer service.
* Boosted eCommerce offer click-through rates 500% after developing Commerce in Context strategy to lure audience into clicking on embedded offers relevant to their content of interest.
MONEY Magazine, New York, NY * 1996-1999
Reporter, Money.com / Interactive Content Producer
Personal finance magazine and web site providing individuals and families with advice on investing, saving, retirement and finding the best values for large homes including homes and colleges.
* Ported data set from magazine’s printed edition of “Best Colleges” issue into online, interactive database, enabling visitors to generate their own, personalized list of recommended colleges and universities based on the specific criteria that are most important to them.
*Developed online tools for subscribers to utilize for making smart financial decisions
*Optimized web site to maximum content monetization opportunities
*Promoted magazine through external media interviews including NPR, CBS radio and The New York Times
Master of Business Administration in Marketing
F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business at Babson College, Wellesley, Massachusetts
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Boston University School of Management, Boston, Massachusetts