RICKY L CRANE RESUME
• 16 years employment with Heil Environmental
o 4 years - Maintenance Supervisor
o 4 years as Safety and Environmental Coordinator
o 8 years of Production Supervisor
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
1. Responsible for production, quality, and safety of all employees
2. Managed a continuous improvement plan which consisted of all shop wide employees;
3. conducting safety inspections, and external audit participation,
4. completing internal safety projects and employee training – completion/ scheduling;
5. accident investigations, and remedial training;
6. implementing the DuPont STOP program throughout the facility; and
7. Creating employee motivational programs to focus on safety.
OSHA INSPECTION HOST
Acted as Heil’s authorized Host to OSHA during a scheduled detailed
wall-to-wall audit. The inspection lasted a week and included the scope of the facility and grounds. I was able to successfully mitigate the potential exposure with responsive actions to the agency requests.
Since 1999, I have established and successfully managed my own construction company. This experience has included safety, estimating, permitting, employee relations, accounting, and working closely with state and local inspectors.
1999 – Present Commercial Construction
1982 – 1999 The Heil Company
1970 - 1981 Cedar Bluff High School Beta Club Members
1981 – 1983 Coosa Valley Tech National Welding Contestant
1996 – 1999 DuPont Safety Training (STOP) Courses
2009-2010 Northeast Community College Associate Degree
PHI THETA KAPPA & SIGMA KAPPA DELTA Honor Societies
2010- 2012 Alabama A&M University Bachelor of Science Degree
Magna cum Laude Honor Society
HEIL: Safety and Environmental Manager
Implemented safety awareness programs and established employee motivational programs
Established and conducted monthly training programs and weekly audits
Provided employee training on forklifts, respiratory protection, fall hazards safety, blood-born pathogen electrical safety and personal protective equipment.
Worked directly with the consultant wastewater, air emissions and waste management programs.
Production Driven Accomplishments:
Helped manage a solid waste manufacturing facility with 400 plus
Implemented a J.I.T. Program throughout the plant that reduced inventory by 50% and increased floor space and housekeeping.
Reduced labor costs by 25% using material handling conveyors systems, reducing recordable injuries and forklift traffic.
Reduced the cost of maintenance labor by 30% conducting training courses to all production lines on preventative maintenance and repairing minor maintenance issues themselves.
Established two construction companies-
1. Crane Bros Inc. located in Alabama, is a concrete construction business.
• Grew the company from $80,000 the first year to $500,000 gross last year.
2. Gateway General Contractors Inc. located in Georgia, is a general contractor business.
• Started this Company in 2007 with an annual gross of 1.8 million.
Implemented safety training to all employees and sub-contractors.
Negotiated all contracts with owners and developers.
Worked closely with state and local inspectors.
Responsible for human resources, bidding, accounts receivable and payables, quality and schedule.
Lori Purnell 205-***-****