Marine Engineering project management professional with solid experience and training.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• As a Project Manager, Managed new construction and repair/modification of merchant vessels, MSC ship and US Naval ship. Responsible for all aspects of planning, budgeting and executing the projects.
• Technically very strong. Skilled in time and money management. Carried out dry-docking
(internal and exterior work).
• Very familiar with ABS, Coast Guard and Navy specifications. Effectively able to communicate complicated concepts in an understandable manner, matching the message to the audience.
• Experienced in supervision, training, motivation and evaluation of personnel. Skilled in finding problems and performing necessary change through project management or other methods.
• Maximize resources to achieve customer satisfaction and increased productivity, meet deadlines and goals. Implement and coordinate both strategic and tactical plans to enhance performance.
• Adept and experienced in problem solving and providing solutions. Excellent qualifications in leadership and interpersonal communications.
• Persuasive, with ability to communicate effectively with culturally diverse audience. Public speaking and executive management briefing experience.
• Computer skills include MS Office Suite, Project, and Open Plan.
ALPHA-MAR IMW CO, HOUSTON TX February, 2012 to Present
AS A PROJECT MANAGER, responsible for planning and executing all the projects assigned to me. Involve in overall bidding new projects, meeting with clients in helping them resolve their engineering issues in timely manner, so there ship can maintain its schedule. In this job, we support commercial ship owners & oil industry.
PROJECT MANAGER January 2011 – May 2011
GENERAL DYNAMICS, San Diego, CA
• Worked in the biggest shipyard on west coast in San Diego to manage major overhaul and modification projects on US Naval Ship LSD Class USS Pearl Harbor.
• Communicated with company management helping remotely; wrote engineering work procedures for journeyman to accomplish onboard task.
CONSULTING ENGINEER AND INVESTOR/TRADER
GENERAL DYNAMICS, SAN DIEGO, CA
July 2003- to Dec. 2010
Resigned from my job to start on my own, but agreed to stay in touch with General Dynamics and get involve in projects, Whenever my employer asked me to do. (Wanted to work from home and get involve in raising kid.)
Wrote in house engineering procedures for the task such as (Propeller Shafting Renewal and reinstallation in dry dock, Main Engine, Generator Alignment checks, Turbine overhaul steps to name a few) and incorporated them in step by step testing procedures per American Bureau of shipping, Navy standard procedures (MIL SPECTS), Coast guard. I used to get lot of inquiries about the logic behind certain write ups every time company came to the road block with procedures. During that period company was building quite a few navy supply ships, BP Tankers and carrying out major repair modification on many ships (Naval and Commercial carrier)
• Utilize AI (Artificial intelligence) in building investment strategies and money management.
PROJECT MANAGER 1992 – 2003
GENERAL DYNAMICS, San Diego, CA
• Worked in ship management, Accountable for overall project including detailed planning, budgeting and forecasting of work force requirements.
• Projects ranged from $1 million to $35million with from 15 to 150 personnel.
• Between 1995 thru 1998 put together team of 35 journeyman to overhaul MAN-B&W (47000BHP),All four MAN diesel generators and all the Aux. equipments on board three general cargo ships bought by my company from Maersk line to convert into MSC supply vessels. Also realigned propeller shafting to adjust to newly added weight with new and bigger propeller. All the work was carried out as per ABS and Coast Guard specifications. Because of my expertise I was relieved from my project manager duties to perform this task.
• Carried out Top side repairs on Naval,MSC, NOAA, Coast Guard, Various commercial ships(Tanker,Bulk,Cruise)
• Carried out dry docking of ships.(over haul of propeller shafts, CPP systems) Worked with vendors, buyers and other principals. Participated in contract negotiations.
• Served in company’s training program and on Committee for Safety Awareness and OSHA Regulations. Respond to customer inquiries on behalf of CEO and senior executives; resolve customer problems effectively reaching win solutions.
• Served three years as a Test Engineer testing newly installed equipments on sea trials per ABS, Coast Guard, U.S. Navy specifications. Worked closely with clients.
• Began with company as a Machinery Supervisor. Managed journeyman tradesmen ranging from 10 to 50 personnel.
MARINE ENGINEER 1984 – 1991
SIG BEREGESEN DY AND COMPANY, Oslo, Norway
• Joined as a junior engineer, when I left In 1991 I was promoted to 1st engineer.
• Worked in the capacity of Marine Engineer on board of VLCC, LNG carrier, and OBO.
• Responsible for operating and maintaining different machineries on board.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
University of Bombay (Marine engineering) Bombay, MS
• Training in Leadership, Team Building, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project