• Certified PC/Network Support Technician Specialist with over 28 years of Information Technology
experience with outstanding training, interpersonal and presentation skills with an expertise in computer hardware, OS,
software troubleshooting, implementation, and deployment.
• Highly knowledgeable in network analysis, troubleshooting, and support, which justify my capabilities as a
PC/Network Support Specialist
• Knowledge of multiple operating systems including Cisco IOS, MS Windows, Novell, Macintosh, Linux
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Cooperative team player who is with strong customer service skills, accountability, and strong leadership
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and decision maker
• Ability to dissect any network architecture with technical ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
• Ability to understand and communicate company goals and objections
• Experience implementing preventative maintenance programs for installed hardware
Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA
CompTIA Network + Certified Professional NETWORK +
CompTIA A+ Certified Technician A+
Microsoft Certified Professional MCP
Novell Certified Netware Administrator CNA
Certified WAN Professional CWP
(Certificate from LAN/WAN Professional)
Dell Certified Technician on Latitude Notebooks
Dell Certified Technician on Optiplex and Dimension Desktops
& Hardware: Cisco 2600, Cisco 1750, routers, switches, wireless, T1, Citrix, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit
Ethernet, FDDI, Cable/DSL modem, ISDN Digital Access Products, SCSI, UPS, Windows Server Systems, Dell POS
systems, Micros POS Systems
Operating System &
Enterprise Apps: Cisco IOS, Windows NT/2000/XP, 2003 Server, Microsoft Exchange 2003, Symantec Ghost,
Proxy Server, Citrix, Terminal Server, Linux, Help Desk Software - Track-It!
Misc. Technologies: DNS, WINS, DHCP, RIS, Active Directory, Remote Desktop, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP,
VLAN, Frame Relay, X25, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX
Desktop Technologies: Windows 3.1/95/98/NT/2000/XP/VISTA, Macintosh, Microsoft Office Suite
97/2000/2003/2007/2010, Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010, Visio, Front Page, Macromedia Dreamweaver,
Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Scanners, Desktop and Networked Printers, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat,
various antivirus and spyware scanners. Help Desk Software - Track-It! / ConnectWise.
LAN/WAN Engineering CCNA/CCNP from LAN/WAN Professionals, Santa Ana, CA
Computer Information Systems from Wayland Baptist University, Plainview, TX
Electronic Engineering Technology from Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX
Certified Electronic Technician from Gateway Electronics Institute, Omaha, NE
Electronic Technician 2nd Class from U.S. Naval Reserve, Lubbock, TX
Client: Sedona Technologies, Moline, IL
Period: February – July 2012
Environment: DESKTOP COMPUTERS, SERVERS, PRINTERS;
Responsibilities: IBM IT Field Installer
• I was an IBM IT Field Installer for the State Farm Agent Equipment Rollout Project, Installing new computer
equipment for all agents within the South Plains, Permian Basin, and Concho Valley regions of Texas.
Client: Mandry Technology Solutions, Lubbock, TX
Period: January – December 2011
Environment: LAN/WAN; TCP/IP; BREAK/FIX DESKTOP COMPUTERS, SERVERS, ROUTERS,
SWITCHES & PRINTERS; ACTIVE DIRECTORY; REMOTE DESKTOP
Responsibilities: System Support Specialist
• Provide Break/Fix support remotely and onsite for our clientele base, which includes CPA’s and Law firms;
Medical and Banking industries; Churches; and other professional industries.
• Network Tools LAN WAN Tester, Toner, Voltmeter.
Client: Micros Systems Inc, Lubbock, TX
Period: 2009 -2010
Environment: LAN/WAN; TCP/IP; GHOST IMAGING; BREAK/FIX TERMINALS & PRINTERS; ROUTERS &
Responsibilities: Field Service Technician
• Field Service Technician who repaired POS (Point of Sale) equipment for the Hotel and Restaurant industry
for the West Texas area...300 mile radius of Lubbock, TX.
• Network Tools LAN WAN Testers Hard Drives
Client: A+ PC Tech Service, Lubbock, TX
Environment: BREAK/FIX COMPUTERS & PRINTERS;
Responsibilities: Independent Consultant
• Provided highly-qualified consultant services for several nationwide third-party maintenance organizations in
the information technology field such as QualexServ, Go2IT Group, Equant, Barrister Global, and TEKsystems;
Serving major clientele with onsite computer field service for Best Buy, Circuit City, Sears, Wal-Mart, Cingular
Wireless, and Dell.
• Presently a Service Power Pro Consultant for OnForce.com, a nationwide network of over 12,000
highly-skilled service professionals.
• Professional Services Performed : Network Services; Desktop Computer Services; Laptop Computer
Services; Peripheral Services; POS Services; Printer Services; Server Services; Software Services; Wiring and
Client: Wayland Baptist University, Plainview, TX
Period: 2001 – 2006
Environment: LAN/WAN; TCP/IP; GHOST IMAGING; OUTLOOK EXCHANGE 2003; DNS; WINS; DHCP;
ACTIVE DIRECTORY; REMOTE DESKTOP;
Responsibilities: Manager of Computer Support
Key Responsibilities: Maintain, build, and service all computers.
• Deployed, maintained, and serviced over 400 computers on WBU’s main campus.
• Upgraded over 400 computers on Plainview Campus from Windows 98 to Windows XP SP1, and then
updated OS to Windows XP SP2. Updated Microsoft Office from Office XP to Office 2003.
• Converted faculty and staff’s POP email to Microsoft’s Outlook Exchange 2003.
• Installed and configured antivirus and spyware software on computers, as well as removed infected
software from computers of student labs, faculty, and staff.
• Setup and maintained COMPUTER LABS for students’ uninterrupted usage.
• Installed all new Dell Computers on Plainview Campus, transferred faculty and staff’s DATA.
• Setup computer network for Student Registration.
• Trained and managed student technicians to perform service to the Plainview faculty, and staff.
• Provide software and hardware support to all clients on Main and External Campuses.
• Assisted Network Administrator with network issues and support assistance in the transition of upgrading
network to state of art technology, (Windows NT to Windows 2000)
Client: Siemens ElectroCom Ltd, Arlington, TX
Period: 1999 – 2000
Environment: LAN/WAN; TCP/IP; VOLTMETERS
Responsibilities: Installation Technician
• Install and perform service on high-speed mail sorting equipment for the United States Post Office
• Extensive troubleshooting skills were required to maintain mail sorting equipment
• Setup and install servers on LAN/WAN
• Insured connectivity of mail sorting equipment on LAN to main server connected to WAN
Client: Dow Jones & Co. Inc, Lubbock, TX
Environment: BREAK/FIX COMPUTERS, FAX MACHINES & PRINTERS;
COMPONENT REPLACEMENT; LAN/WAN; TCP/IP; VOLTMETERS; TELCO CIRCUITS; CSU/DSU; ROUTERS &
Responsibilities: Field Service Technician II
• Maintain and install Financial News Networks on NT OS; Setup NT servers and workstations
• Configured remote access to financial news on WAN/LANs via 56K Dedicated Data and ISDN circuits
• Troubleshoot and Setup Digital Access Products, on 56K Dedicated Data circuits with ISDN Dial Backup
• Onsite Service of servers, workstations, Desktop computers, printers, and fax machines
U.S. Naval Reserve, Lubbock, TX
Petty Officer 2nd Class Electronic Technician
Top Secret Security Clearance obtained when served U.S.N.R. (currently inactive) Honorable Discharge
Navy Achievement Medal; awarded for outstanding duty as the Training Petty Officer, coordinating essential training
Meritorious Navy Reserve Medal