Peekskill School District: Mar 08-Present
Substitute Teacher All Levels
Strayer University-MS Technology Education-Present
Consulting Assignments: Aug 07-Present
Treasury Analyst: Treasury Operations – Settlements Jan-05- Aug 07
• Responsible for the IBM World Trade Cash Desk, which included the cash management of Global Multi-Lateral Netting, Customer Finance and Factoring Programs.
• Played a key role in the Global Multi-Lateral Netting (MLN) which included data collection, data input, and settlement. Expedited confirmations to the IBM entities informing them of their payment/receipt, processing all wires and pre-advices to receive. Coordinated the resolution of all MLN inquires/issues with the FX traders and accountants.
• Posted and reconciled all daily IBM WTC cash desk cash flows to Treasury systems.
• Accounting’s contact for World Trade cash inquires, processing of refunds to IBM entities, and notifying cash management of large remittances to include in the daily cash forecast process.
• Responsible for the accuracy of all repetitive line codes related to IBM World Trade Cash.
• Administrator for the Pre-Advice database, assisting users to obtaining access, resolving problems and communicating the importance of the using the database to the IBM entities for cash concentration purposes.
• Reviewed all ISDA confirmations for various foreign exchange options: compared the confirmations received to established templates, verified the trade specifics, obtained signatures from traders and forwarded the signed confirmations to external counterparties to complete the binding legal process.
• Covered for Settlement associates as needed for the Foreign Exchange and Short Term Investments desks.
• Cross-trained associates on the IBM World Trade Cash desk.
• Special Projects as required.
Various Consulting Assignments: Mar-03-Jan 05
Con Edison Energy Aug- 99-Feb 03
Staff Accountant/ Senior Accounts Receivable & Payables
• Cash management performs daily cash forecast to ensure all financial obligations are met.
• Implement all cash policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the line of communication between counter parties and treasury, obtain approvals for wire transfers domestic and international from board members before transmitting payment -approximately $46 Million monthly.
• Manage accounts payables process by insuring that all bills are paid in a timely manner.
• Reconcile operating and investment accounts to the statements.
• Audit expense accounts ensuring all approvals have been obtained.
• Manage account receivables by posting cash in a timely manner and making collection calls to
vendors to ensure that the aging does not go beyond 60 days past due.
• Update and finalize general ledgers for month-end close.
• Create, prepare and post journal entries to the general ledger and income statement.
• Reconcile inter-company loan balances and cash forecasting.
• Manage cash reporting ensuring all A/P and A/R balances are reconciled.
• Depreciate the company assets using the Straight-line Method.
• Maintain create and post journal entries to the balance sheet for prepaid accounts.
• Assist Director of Finance with ADHOC projects.
• Prepare and distribute headcount reports to management.
• Manage and reconcile payroll for over one hundred union and non-union employees.
• Manage and reconcile 401K and stock option accounts, allocate deductions, make all necessary changes and monitor balances.
• Manage Human Resources, employee-related issues benefits administration, payroll changes, and time management.
Pearson Education Oct 98 –August 99
• Prepare journal entries, financial reports and variance analysis.
• Assist in preparing the annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
• Prepare end update financial models as needed.
• Complete special projects when needed.
• Assist sales and marketing departments with preparation of sales analysis.
• Prepare and distribute executive letter.
• Create and prepare journal billings.
• Prepare and distribute headcount report.
• Book journal revenue entry.
• Decreased manager’s workload, which allow him to focus on other responsibilities.
Strayer University Online
MS Education in Progress
Mercy College, White Plains, N. Y.
BS Business Administration/Finance
Westchester College, White Plains, N. Y.
Certification Medical Billing and Coding, ICD-9 and CPT Training.
System 10, Lotus Notes, Chase Insight, Citi Direct, Microsoft Windows 00, Oracle, People Soft, Excel, Word, Office, Hyperion Enterprise, Solomon and SAP, ADP for Windows.