• To obtain a challenging accounting position in an accounting field that will permit the use of my skills and knowledge to maximize company potential while developing additional knowledge and abilities for continued career growth and opportunities.
BA- California State University, Northridge 2012
Major: Liberal Studies with a specialization in Business and Finance
AA- Los Angeles Pierce College 2005 to 2007
Decron Properties Corp., 6222 Wilshire Blvd, California 9/05 - 03/11
Accounting Department - Staff Accountant
• Processed Accounts Payable: coded invoices for payment, processed checks and mailed payments for correct posting periods.
• Money Market – reconciliation and posting of journal entries to record income.
• Messenger Files – create excel spreadsheet reports
• General office duties - i.e. answering incoming lines, filing, and copying
• Data entry
• Responsible for gathering federal tax id’s from vendors and printing 1099 and 1096 forms
• Assisted Controller with month end statements for various entities owned by company.
• Performed bank reconciliations, journal entries, debit/credit adjustments and bank deposits.
• 5+ years of accomplished experience in accounting
• Team and leadership training from a major global public corporation
• Exceptionally fast, efficient and organized
• Knowledge of all accounting functions: GL, PL and BS - reconciliations, work papers, cost, cash control, AP, AR and PR
• Experience in monthly closing processes
• Yardi (Enterprise/Voyager), MS Office XP/2007/2003: MS Excel, Word, Publisher, Power Point, Outlook, Access, Quickbooks
• St. Ephraim Youth Organization, Co-Leader 2/2003 – 8/2006
• Organize and document meetings and prepare monthly reports for Church Board members to review
Excellent Professional and Personal References Available Upon Request