CRISTOBAL R. ONA
Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Academy, Sacramento, CA
• Certificate in Culinary Arts (conferred May 2012)
American River College, Sacramento, CA
• Basic English
Cook, April 2012 to June 2012, Hoppy Brewing Company, Sacramento, California
• Maintaining safety and sanitization standards
• Sauté and broiler cooking.
• Preparing food.
• Pantry preparation.
Dishwasher, October 2010 to June 2012, Crosswood Oaks, Sacramento, California
• Maintaining safety and sanitization standards in a retirement community kitchen serving 100 residents and catering special events.
• Operating and maintaining kitchen equipment.
• Informing purchasing staff of which kitchen supplies need to be ordered.
• Serving residents and preparing special requests.
Local Guide, July 2008 to April 2010, Quitsato Project, Cayambe, Ecuador
• Educating guests about the functions of the monument.
• Selling educational material.
• Maintaining the health and safety of tourists on guided excursions.
• Cash handling and accounting reconciliation.
Night Hospitality and Security Coordinator, February 2007 to July 2008, Hacienda Guachala, Cayambe, Ecuador
• Preparing meals and assisting the head chef in a historic tourist site.
• Serving guests in the restaurant.
• Taking dinner and conference reservations.
• Maintaining the safety and security of all guests.
Assistant Chef, March 2005-December 2006; and January 2003 to April 2004, El Puente Roto Restaurant, Cayambe, Ecuador
• Preparing vegetables, fish, chicken, and meat for a local establishment serving 50 people.
• Maintaining a clean and hygienic work environment.
Cultivator, of roses and carnations, March 2000 to December 2002, Guala Export Company, Cayambe, Ecuador
• Supervising five staff members.
• Using computer equipment to fertilize plants with the appropriate chemicals.
• Recording the pH levels of the soil.
• Responsible for plant hydration levels.
• Exporting cut flowers by expediting procedures to maintain freshness.
Fuerte Militar Atahualpa, Machachi, Ecuador, May 2004 to February 2005