SANDRA DOLL LPN
***** ** **** ** ******* Florida 33027
Dedicated and patient-focused Licensed Practical Nurse with proven strengths in acute proven record of reliability and responsibility
• Strong analytical skills, capable of assessing conditions and implementing appropriate patient care, and family advocacy.
• Develop rapport with patients, family, staff and physicians
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; superior accuracy in patient history, charting, and other documentation.
Certifications and Proficiencies
Certifications: Preventing Medical Errors; Intravenous Therapy; CPR, NAPPI
CHRYSALIS HEALTH 10/2010-05/2012
Provide emotional support and administer any required medications to patients attempting to overcome substance abuse.
•Efficiently assesses and monitors the health of all clients in care, and responds to all clients medical concerns promptly, provides first aid treatments including vital signs and assesses necessity for further medical treatment. Coordinates and assists ARNP with psychiatric medication management on a weekly basis. Organizes, conducts, monitors and documents urinalyses in accordance with agency policy. Administers TB skin tests to clients who may be at risk for TB, and reads and documents the results.
•Assess patient status and notify physicians of clinical changes. Administers psychotropic medications to patients, monitors use, and documents reactions; instructs patients on the purpose, dosage, and side effects of medication, and explains the legal process related to the patient's refusal to take prescribed medications
MERCY OF NORTHERN NY, WATERTOWN NY 04/2009-07/2010
Serve as charge nurse caring for over 30 geriatrics patients. Provides professional psychiatric nursing care to acutely and chronically ill patients; and performs related duties as required.
•Observes assigned patients on a daily basis to identify, interpret, and document physical and emotional status and/or patterns, such as assault or suicidal behavior, and response to treatment or medication; as part of a multi-disciplinary team, assists in formulating a diagnosis and developing and implementing individualized patient treatment plans based on observations; provides crisis intervention to those individuals experiencing acute episodes. Medication administration, G-tube management and feeding, wound care, tracheotomy care, diabetes management.
FAIR HAVEN CENTER MIAMI SPRINGS, FLORIDA 06/2009-02/2009
Delivered a complete range of LPN services and expertise. Accurately obtained and documented patient history and medication lists, assessed individual conditions and needs, and selected departmental referrals for acute and chronically ill patients. Prepared equipment and assisted physicians during patient examinations and treatments. Monitored patient reactions to drugs and carefully documented progress of individuals. .
• Repeatedly commended by patients and supervisors for outstanding quality of care; received consistent mention in care-survey responses.
• Maintained a high degree of accuracy to achieve optimal patient acuity monitoring.
SOUTH FLORIDA RECEPTION CENTER MIAMI, FLORIDA 10/2007-06/2008
Clinical Staff Nurse
Provide triage, referrals, direct nursing care, and medication administration to incarcerated population. Organized and managed regular clinics involving external physicians, including ophthalmology, ENT, Med/Surge, orthopedics, and podiatry professionals. Scheduled and managed external medical consultations in concert
With security and other necessary personnel. Created, managed, and maintained patient medical and health records.
• Organized and facilitated meetings with security managers to ensure infection-control policy compliance.
• Accurately obtained and documented patient history and medication lists, assessed individual conditions and needs, and selected departmental referrals for acute and chronically ill patients.
• Prepared equipment and assisted physicians during patient examinations. and treatments. Monitored patient reactions to drug
Registered Nursing 2012-Present
AZURE COLLEGE- MIAMI, FLORIDA
Practical Nursing (2007)
MERCY HOSPITAL SCHOOL OF NURSING – Miami, Florida
Practical Nurse (PN), State of Florida, State of NY
References Available upon request