Ian B. Ashton
Wirtz, VA **184
• GENERAL HANDS-ON MANAGEMENT
• FINANCIAL BUSINESS PLANNING
• STRATEGIC PLANNING
• INNOVATIVE LEADERSHIP
• INTERNATIONAL MARKETING/SALES
• LABOR RELATIONS AND ISSUES
• HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• INVENTORY AND PROCESS CONTROL
• CONTINUOUS PROCESS IMPROVEMENT AND QUALITY CONTROL (ISO)
• TOTAL CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION
GENERAL MANAGER 2004 - 2007
International Perforating Services, Inc. (IPS)
IPS is a new perforating service primarily focused on the automotive and graphic arts industries. Annual sales were approximately $280,000 during start-up of operations, and increased by approximately 15% per year. The position represented the North American presence of European owners, with responsibilities including financial planning and capital investments, HR requirements, production planning and resources, and building client relations. At the present time, there are twelve employees, on a three-shift basis.
• Successfully initiated and implemented ISO 9001:2000 Quality Standard, resulting in less waste and increased profits.
• Successfully negotiated favorable Contracts with major clients, and nurtured existing and new client relations.
• Successfully researched and negotiated favorable terms with all suppliers.
• Developed new techniques and patterns for perforating, resulting in new clients and increased sales.
• Directed manufacturing operations to ensure cost-effective and on-time deliveries.
VICE-PRESIDENT, USPS RELATIONS 1995 – 2004
Banknote Corporation of America, Inc. (BCA)
BCA is a high-quality security printing and finishing operation. Clients include the US Postal Service, US State Department, US Social Security Administration, and various international Postal Administrations. Position is primarily responsible for direct, day-to-day communications with largest client (USPS) of $30+ million Contract.
• Responsible for all USPS Contractual requirements including: First Article submissions, technical and managerial documentation, and distribution requirements for excess of 12 billion postage stamps.
• Participated in strategic planning meetings with largest clients (USPS, SSA, etc.), resulting in increased sales and profitability.
• Determined quality criteria and acceptance levels throughout manufacturing process.
• Company contact – and directly responsible - for all postage stamp related clients, including: United Nations Postal Administration, Swiss Post, HongKong Post.
• Member of "Request For Proposal" response team.
U.S. Baccalaureate Degree in Business Administration 1994 with a concentration in Operations Management
(Dept. of Treasury, U.S. Department of Labor)
Film Stripper 1983
Graduated Five-Year Apprenticeship under Graphic Communications International Union.
Ontario Secondary School Honors Graduation Diploma 1977
Etobicoke Collegiate Institute (Toronto, Ontario)