*** ** ******** **. #*, Bentonville, AR 72712
CUSTOMER SERVICE PROFESSIONAL
• More than 12 years’ successful experience as a professional manager or lead supervisor in customer service/retail.
• Recognized strengths in mechanics, problem-solving, trouble-shooting, and analytical common sense to resolve complex issues and to avoid problems in the first place.
• Proven ability to plan/implement proactive procedures or systems to maximize overall workplace performance, quality, and productivity.
• Excellent working knowledge of hiring practices, peer counseling, performance evaluations, and disciplinary action.
• Development of staff for long-term employment with career planning and goal setting for promotion.
• Meticulous control of fiscal budget, annual audits, and maintain/update accurate inventories.
• Possess’ solid communication skills and public speaking experience.
• Experienced in the start-up and leadership of new operations/organization.
Synopsis of Achievements:
• Instrumental in igniting yearly revenues from $175K in 1999 to $1.55M in 2008 by following strict budgeting.
• Increased active customers and overall retention from 880 in 1999 to 7200 in 2008 utilizing exceptional service and reliability.
• Proactive planning and timely execution led to a notable increase in morale in all departments.
• Created “New Employee” customer service handbook, drastically reducing potential problems.
Benchmark Dry Cleaner & Laundry, Springdale, AR
May 1999 – Sept 2008
Previous Positions: Customer Service Rep. Driver, Service Mgr., Asst. Mgr.
• Directly supervise 40+ employees and 4 service rep drivers covering NW Arkansas, responsible for more than 7,200 individual and corporate accounts.
• Install, repair, maintain, and troubleshoot all facility equipment. This included five production lines, 15+ pneumatic presses, a two ton and a one ton dry clean machine, two one ton washers, four computer stations, an industrial boiler/steam lines, and high volume vacuum system.
• Ensured OSHA workplace guidelines well known to all employees and were strictly adhered to. This also included proper handling, storage, and disposal of the 25+ solvents/chemical baths that were utilized daily.
• Maintain quality control and production quota while constantly seeking new ways to improve customer service.
• Support customers and service reps with existing service accounts and in opening new ones.
• Quickly and effectively solve challenges with customers or staff.
• Directed hiring practices and recruitment of employees for general staff and supervisors.
• Monthly budget analysis for bottom line “profit and lose” and inventory control.
• Effectively train, supervise, motivate, evaluate, and coach staff employees.
• Successfully organize logistics for each delivery route to optimize efficiency and capacity.
• Driven nearly 500K accident free miles in a full-size extended cargo van.
Braum’s, Springdale, AR
May 1998 – April 1999
• Efficient scheduling of staff for optimum store profitability and customer service.
• Audit multiple Point Of Sale cash registers daily and prepare precise deposits nightly.
• Maintain company security policies/procedures and make sure staff adheres to them.
• Trained competent individuals in the process of handling money properly, food safely, and courteous customer service.
• Monitored retail store inventory, promotions, product placement, and produce freshness quality.
Kentucky Fried Chicken, N. Las Vegas, NV
Aug 1997 – April 1998
• Team training for three shift supervisors and 12 employees in the second largest corporate owned KFC in the US.
• Forecasted and project the hourly food consumption needs for a high volume ($2M/yr) location.
• Maintain an accurate/adhesive crew that could meet the needs of each customer.
• Collect and coordinate delivery orders, which were 40% of store volume.
US Navy, Coronado, CA
June 1993 – June 1997
Damage Control Petty Officer Third Class (E-4 Non-commissioned Officer)
• Naval firefighter on the USS Kitty Hawk Aircraft Carrier responsible for training crew members in damage (fire, flood, etc.) control and emergency safety.
• Senior Petty Officer for Aqueous Film Forming Foam (AFFF) shop with a 22 sailor crew.
• Rebuild, replace, and maintain 17 AFFF pump stations and 2 2500 gallon transfer stations that supply firefighting foam to the engine rooms, hanger bays, and flight deck.
• Provide knowledgeable manpower to run each station during an emergency and train other crews at ship wide repair lockers.
• Program coordinator for preventive maintenance system (PMS) scheduling on ship wide fire fighting systems including fixed (Halon, CO2, AFFF) and mobile (CO2, PKP, AFFF)
• Class and drill instructor for damage control, scene security, CNB (Chemical, Nuclear, & Biological) warfare, and explosive ordinance disposal.
• On-Scene Leader for ship emergency response crew aka “The Flying Squad” during sea operations.
• Inventory and stock 9 ship wide repair lockers while staying within the fiscal budget.
• Military Police (MP) reserve at Naval Amphibious Base, Coronada, CA.
• Conduct armed sentry, perimeter patrol, vehicle interdiction, and remote video monitoring.
• Received 3 Admiral’s letters of commendation from Pacific Fleet Command for outstanding performance.
• Earned 9 awards/ribbons.
• Place in top 5% for all advanced classes attended and coursework completed.
• Advanced in rank quickly and every time available.
• Expert marksmanship: Pistol (M92 Beretta 9mm), Shotgun (Browning 12 gauge pump), and Rifle (M88 McMillan Sniper)
• Marksmanship: SMG (MP5-N H&K 9mm), Rifle (M16-A2 5.56mm)
Taco Bell, Atwater, CA
June 1992 – Dec 1992
Customer Service Cashier
• Cashier POS operation and cash handling.
• Direct customer service.
• Food prep for main product ingredients and side dishes.
• Handled basic customer issues, requests, and complaints.
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 2004-06
Earned 73 credits; concentration on communications & public relations
Will continue education as time and funding permits.
3.21/4.0 GPA as Non-traditional student
NWACC, Bentonville, AR 1998
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Basic Certification
KFC Corporation, Los Angeles, CA 1997
Effective Manager Program
“ServSafe” Food Handling Certification
US Navy, San Diego, CA 1993-97
Naval Propulsion & Basic Engineering
Naval Firefighting & Damage Control
First Response & Emergency Triage
Nuclear, Chemical, & Biological Warfare
Strategic Leadership & Crisis Control
Unexploded Ordinance ID & Disposal
Military Policing & Perimeter Security
Atwater High School, Atwater, CA 1993