Coatesville, PA 19320
(h) 215- 227-0109
University of Phoenix School of Nursing Philadelphia PA
Bachelor of Science: Nursing Graduation Date: 2011
Episcopal Hospital School 0f Nursing Philadelphia PA
Diploma: Nursing Graduation Date: 1993
University of Phoenix School of Nursing Philadelphia PA
Masters of Science Nursing/Masters of Health Care Administration Graduation Date: 2013
Dual Masters Program: Courses Completed:
• HCS/531 HEALTH CARE ORGANIZATIONS AND DELIVERY SYSTEMS
• HCS/533 HEALTH INFORMATION SYSTEMS
• HCS/514 MANAGING IN TODAY'S HEALTH CARE ORGANIZATIONS
• HCS/552 HEALTH CARE ECONOMICS
• HCS/577 FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IN HEALTH CARE
• HCS/535 CONCEPTS OF POPULATION HEALTH
Charge Nurse Acute Psychiatric Unit
Eagleville Hospital is a non- profit organizations that provides supportive treatment for substance abuse, co-occurring disorders and behavioral health disorders. I was instrumental in the development of the new co-occurring unit at Eagleville Hospital with the ability to analyze and implement a financially driven strategic plan based upon the assumption that the results of the planning efforts should improve the organization’s financial position. I was able to developing a plan that is responsive to the critical issues in the specific environment (e.g., demographics, reimbursement, payer mix, and competition) so as to accomplish the organization’s mission. Evaluated products and services of the organization, markets the organization serves; structure and financial capability of the organization, and then made an assessment of the alternative strategic choices available to the organization. Provided Transformational leadership: to all staff by enhancing the motivation, morale and performance of staff through a variety of mechanisms. These included connecting the follower's sense of identity and self to the mission and the collective identity of the organization; being a role model for followers that inspired them; challenging followers to take greater ownership for their work, and understanding the strengths and weaknesses of followers, so that as a leader, I could align followers with tasks that optimize their performance
St Monica’s Manor
Assistant Director of Nursing
St Monica’s Manor is a 180 bed Long term care Facility, in the family of long term care facilities owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. Managed 180 bed long term car facility.
North Philadelphia Health System Girard Medical Center/ St Josephs Hospital December 2005-2009
Psychiatric Nurse Medical Surgical/ Telemetry
North Philadelphia is a non-profit organization that consists of two hospitals. These two hospitals provide services to one of the most underserved communities in Philadelphia. St Joseph’s Hospital is a 146 bed acute care hospital. Girard Medical Center is the Behavioral Health division of the North Philadelphia Health System and provides addiction and mental health services to over 1000 clients daily.
Staff Nurse: Medical/Surgical Telemetry Responsibilities:
• Provides direct and indirect nursing care for clients who are experiencing medical and/or mental health symptoms related to their substance abuse disorder
• Performs admission assessments and interviews for newly admitted clients
• Documents nursing findings in accordance with hospital policy and reports abnormal findings to appropriate personnel
• Administers medications to patients per the medication administration procedure.
• Monitors, documents, and reports any adverse medication reactions to the physician
• Educates patients on the importance of medication administration and compliance
• Records discharge summaries for patients exiting the program
• Works collaboratively with all members of the treatment team to ensure a safe recovery
• Monitored Cardiac electrical activity via cardiac strip interpretation, and was poised to intervene if patients developed problems while recovering from a heart condition or cardiac surgery.
• Applied evidenced based assessments, evaluations and outcome measurement to insure appropriate best practices.
• Critical thinking to intervene with appropriate intervention for urgent/emergent care
• Head-to toe assessments-knowledge of normal vs. abnormal findings and reporting of abnormal findings to the MD, if warranted.
• Identifying and managing life-sustaining physiologic functions in unstable patients
• Familiarity with Health Care Economics and Health Care finance of for profit and for profit health care organizations, such as operating budgets, short term and long term investment strategies, return on investments, cost benefit analysis, cost effective analysis and benchmarking.
• Implemented Strategic: planning as one of the organizations goals in the allocation of scarce resources, identifying short-term, intermediate-term, and long-term strategies
• Ability to analyze and implement a financially driven strategic plan: based upon the assumption that the results of the planning efforts should improve the organization’s financial position by developing a plan that is responsive to the critical issues in the specific environment (e.g., demographics, reimbursement, payer mix, and competition) so as to accomplish the organization’s mission. Evaluates products and services of the organization, markets the organization serves; structure and financial capability of the organization, and then makes an assessment of the alternative strategic choices available to the organization.
• Data Analysis of Nursing Home Industry National Average, including: Beds, occupancy rates, Medicaid and Medicare percentages, net revenue per resident day, FTE’s per average daily census.
• Promotion of Evidence-Based Management in health care by using Informed Decisions Toolbox to bridge the gap between research evidence and organizational decision-making
• Extensive Knowledge of all Federal, State and local, Databases and literature search engines, such as Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
• Nursing informatics: Familiarity with the HITECH Act, meaningful use, and other major government initiatives led by the Office of the National Coordinator (ONC)
• Monitoring of key legislative and public policy changes as they relate to the health care industry, e.g. impending changes in HITECH/ HIPPA rules
• Windows NT
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft PowerPoint
• Microsoft Project
• Windows XP
• RN-License RN330849L-PA 10/1993
• BLSC Certification
• PADONA (Pennsylvania Association of Directors of Nursing Administration)
• SCM Certification/Crisis Intervention/Behavior Modification
• American Red Cross CPR Certification
• Member of the ANA