To obtain a challenging position that will allow me to develop my management and organizational skills, and to aid in the growth of the company in order to reach my full potential.
FEDERATED CO-OPERATIVES LTD., Winnipeg, Manitoba 1990-present
Western Canada's only multi-faceted organization that is based on the principles of co-operation. 260 retail co-ops located throughout Western Canada provides wholesaling, manufacturing, marketing and administrative services to its member-owners.
• assemble, stage, load and unload freight from vendor and retail trailers.
• receiving merchandise, ensuring strict quality standards.
• shipping of all outbound freight, adhering to tight shipping time lines.
• familiar with all standard stock control techniques and procedures (Pryia Warehouse Management System-WMS).
• operate within all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
• Communicate effectively with operators and management from other shifts.
• Operations Forklifter responsible for over 4500 lines of product.
Skills and Accomplishments:
• Interim supervisor over various shifts of employees. Responsible to develop and maintain organizational strategies, operational efficiencies, and proposals for increasing technical efficiency and improving profitability.
• Shop steward for local 832
• Equipment and safety officer for Federated Co-operatives.
• Personal training in warehouse health & safety programs and procedures.
• Contributed to documentation and implementation of a new warehouse management system (WMS-Pryia) in 2003.
• Experience with multiple transportation software programs: Load matching and acquisition (LoadLink), dispatching, route optimization (Promiles and PC Miler), GPS tracking(LinkTrak).
• CFTC (Canadian Forklift Training Centre) certified lift truck, counter balance and order picker operations.
Transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) Jan 2012
Hours of Service (HOS) Feb 2012
WHMIS certified Nov 2011
Microsoft Office Excel Level I & II June 2010
Community First aid
2007-present CITT Professional (2012)
Supply Chain and Logistics program (CITT) designate level III Logistics Decision Modelling (Honours), Integrated Logistics processes, Transportation Economics
Supply Chain and Logistics program (CITT) designate level II Risk Assessment, Business management (Honours), Micro/Macro Economics, Business Marketing (Honours)
Supply Chain and Logistics program (CITT) designate level I Transportation Systems, Logistics Processes
Process Management (P.Log.) Certification--Integrated Logistics Networks
Avaal Technology solutions--truck dispatch specialist.
1986-1991 University of Winnipeg, faculty of science. Applied math, minoring in analytical chemistry (3.0 GPA)
1984-1986 Lord Selkirk Regional Comprehensive Secondary School. Diploma in Science (Honours)
President of Winnipeg Curling Club (2002-08)
Youth soccer coach for 6 years (level one)
Achieved a black belt in Tae Kwon Do in 2008
Canadian Blood Services Donor
Competing in the 2012 Triathlon series
References available upon request