JOHN BAUMGARTEN JR.
firstname.lastname@example.org • johnbaumgartenjr.prosite.com/
Animator “Win the Jamm Hollywood” 06/2011 to Present
• Generate new character designs to resemble live action characters using Adobe Illustrator for 30 minute television show.
• Incorporate animations to coincide with live action actors.
• Animate character sequences using Adobe After Effects
Lead Animator Animation Proclamation “Paradise Heights” 01/2011 to 04/2011
• 22 minute animated series.
• Generate initial concepts for Characters, Backgrounds, and look of project.
• Coordinate all animators in the look and direction of the overall project.
• Organize workflow and prioritize tasks for pre-production artists, animators, editors, and assistants.
• Report to Producer on overall progress and relay changes to artists as needed.
• Work closely with Producer, Show Director and Writers to create best overall storyline for each show.
Freelance Artist/Illustrator Self Employed 5/2001 to 7/2011
• Provide a variety of production art assets for Web, Print, and Film.
• Created comprehensive storyboards for Television and Feature films for both Live Action and Animated series.
• Combined traditional art techniques and computer applications to create enhanced visual assets for a variety of applications including concept film art, character designs, web site graphics and animations.
• Created all assets for short animated films in both 2D and 3D projects. Assets included character designs and creation. Full animation in 2D and 3D applications. Backgrounds and Visual Effects.
• Generated original artwork for various Flash based and Traditional Board games including: characters, backgrounds and layout, pieces, and commercial box art.
• Responsible for filming and post-production work of corporate training videos utilizing digital camera and several video editing applications.
Storyboard Artist “Tipping Point” 11/2010 to 12/2010
• Generated Storyboards for Live Action Feature Film scheduled to begin shooting in Northern California in April of 2011
2D Animator Marvimation “HOME” and “Double OH 6” 7/2010 to 12/2010
• Wrote two short 2D animated cartoons titled; HOME and Double OH 6.
• Generated all Storyboards, Character and Background designs.
• Coordinated voice talent for all characters.
• Animated lip sync to voice over.
• Edited all content. Including all scenes, voice, sound and special effects.
Animator Ryder Works (N.Y.) “Flight of the Songbird” 3/2010 to 5/2010
• Short animated cartoon. Total run time = 5:45 minutes.
• Created original characters and backgrounds.
• Animated entire project using Toon Boom Animate.
• Generated “Ryder Works” logo intro for use on all future projects.
• Edited animated sequences, sound effects, music score and opening and closing credits.
Storyboard Artist Wacky and Zany Productions (S.F.) 2006 to 2009
• Episodic animated series. Total run time for each cartoon = 7 minutes.
• Generated storyboards for short animated television series.
• Worked with Producer/Writer to keep story in line with original vision.
• Provided guidance to character designers and animators on Producer’s vision of overall project.
• Supervised overall conceptual designs for characters, backgrounds, and colorization of entire project.
Technical Illustrator LAM Research 2000 to 2001
• Created and modified technical documents and drawings according to engineer specifications.
• Determined best views, angles, and perspectives to illustrate assembly of parts on documents.
• Incorporated digital photos, rough sketches, models, and written/verbal requests into drawings.
• Produced multiple projects on time, or early, and under budget.
• Consistently delivered documents of 2 to 210 pages on time and with optimum quality.
Telecommunications Technician US NAVY 1995 to 1998
• Monitored secure and non-secure military communication circuits.
• Trained and supervised junior personnel in procedures and protocols.
• Maintained radio and antenna hardware.
• Storyboard artist
• Animate characters in 2D and 3D
• Film making
• Directing videos/short films
• Video editing
• Generate buttons, animation, and web pages
• Character designs
• Traditional/digital drawing and painting
• Desktop publishing
• Web design
• Project management
• 3D Modeling, Texturing, Rigging, Lighting
• Animation Director
• Produce scripts, characters, model sheets, and storyboards
• Proficient in Flash, Toon Boom, Adobe CS Master Collection, Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Dreamweaver, Premiere, After Effects, Sound Booth, Maya, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Poser Pro, and Vue 8.
• Home Office Includes: Windows XP, Fax, Copier, High-Speed Internet, and Telephone.
Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Animation/Storyboard, 2008
Alameda University, Concord, CA
Bachelor of Science, Graphic Design, 2002
GROUPS – MEMBERSHIPS
MMTB – Making Movies Throughout the Bay Area. Moviemaking group located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Comprised of directors, producers, actors, writers, and a variety of others in the film and television industry. Over 3000 members.
UFA – United Filmmakers Association. Main branch based in San Francisco Bay Area. Satellite branches include: Seattle WA, Los Angeles CA, and Sydney Australia. Comprised of members involved in all aspects of the film and television industries. Over 3500 members.
*References available upon request.