Job for offshore/onshore RIG DOCTOR(Medic).
Career Summary / Objective:
I Doctor Irfan Shiekh, have 11 yrs. Offshore/onshore oilfield experience as Rig Doctor/ Medic.
I also worked for 2 yrs in Multi-specialty Hospitals as Resident Medical Officer in Trauma/ Emergency Unit.
Being in the industry for a decade, I could say that I have the expertise, knowledge and skills to impart/ apply in the oilfield/drilling industry as Emergency Response Coordinator.
My objective is to continue improving my Medical knowledge and treatment of patients in the view to obtaining a management position to oversee medical services being provided to customers and clients to a very high standard.
- Providing day to day Medical treatment / First Aid to Crew and Contract Personal.
- Being available as a First Responder in Medical Emergencies.
- Handling Medical emergencies –Stabilizing the casualty and preparing for
- Keeping track of periodic Medicals of all crew and contract Personal.
- Maintain Medical Activity Log, Patients contact report.
- Weekly Hygiene Inspection of Galley and Accommodation.
- Hygiene & Safety Training for catering crew.
- Weekly Briefing on Occupational and Environmental Diseases, general awareness
on Immunization, Infectious diseases & promotion of healthy life style.
- Different Emergency scenario. Giving training to Stretcher team for CPR/First
aid/ how to handle Pts in emergency.
- Helping Rig Manager/ and Radio operator in Administration.
- HLO(Helicopter Landing officer)
- Helping Safety Officer in arranging Safety Meetings and different safety awareness
- Rig Orientation for new personnel on board.
- Inspection & Reporting of Eye Wash Station and Safety Showers.
- Weekly inspection of First aid boxes.
1) Emergency Medical/Trauma Care: CPR, Advanced Airway Management &
Intubation, Usage of External Cardiac Defibrillators [ECD], Interpretation of
Electrocardiogram ECG, Emergency splinting and immobilization, Orthopaedic &
Spinal injuries, Suturing of CLW.
2) Medical procedures: Catheterisation, Endotracheal Intubation, IV administration,
Dressing of wounds, Incision and drainage.
3) Leadership : conducting weekly safety meeting, pre job safety meetings, JSA..
4) Communication: Communicating with Managers regarding the safety matters.
Communication with crew to promote safety policies of company.
Can handle radio room communication and assist in general administration.
5) Hazard Identification and Hazard Control : Suggestion towards safe way of work and
6) Professionally trained to manage Triage – Mass Casualty Scenario.
7) Auditor: Inspections, Conducting Internal audits.
8) Instructor and Advisor: On Job Training of crew.
9) Initiativeness, Motivation.
10) Planning and Organization.
11) Computer: MS word, MS excel, MS power point, Windows Vista, Windows XP and
Waiting your Earliest and positive Reply.
Doctor Irfan Shiekh
Cell Phone No:+91-982*******