Glendon Scott Woods
Norfolk, Va, 23518
757-***-**** email: email@example.com
January 1982 - December 1984
Attended Thomas Nelson Community College in pursuit of a degree in Computer Science
1979 Graduated Denbigh High School Newport News, VA
Alpha School of Real Estate Certified
(June 2009 – October 2009) Property Manager, Maintenance, Assistant Manager
Obtain quotes, schedule inspections and fix plumbing, doors, outside yard.
Assist Manager with sales staff, assist customers on sales floor.
Restock all sales items. Receive and distribute product to sales floor.
(March 2003 – Current 2009) Accounting assistant, Consultant – Accountemps
• Data entry, Account reconciliation, Auditing of various accounts
• Set up and implementation of ACH System, Accounts Payable
• Month/Year end Close. 1099 Research, Spreadsheet Creation, Maintenance.
(January 2007 – March 2008)Accounts Payable – FSAP/PETA
• Review and Process all incoming Check Requests and Invoices.
• Weekly Check Runs and Wires, Reconciliation of Various Accounts.
• Employee and Customer Service
(July 2006 – Jan 2007) Senior Loan Officer
• Application Processing and Verification
• Mortgage Closure and Disclosure
• Loan Generation in consultation with Account Executives
• Customer Service
(March 2004 – November 2005) Co-Editor - Total Access Magazine
• Review and edit articles for spelling and content
• Write Human Interest articles dealing with local musicians
• Research of and solicitation for advertising content
(August 1996 - July 1999) Purchasing Agent - Peninsula Hospital Services
• Purchase and maintain office supplies
• Perform monthly inventory of all stock items
• Initiate resale of stock items to area hospitals
• Invoicing and maintaining the database of all resale accounts
• Expediting of all open orders on a daily basis.
(June 1993 – August 1996) Accounting Assistant - Value Behavioral Health
• Coding of Departmental Invoices
• Proof and print check runs
• Research, prepare and make cash deposits
• Prepare monthly Sales Use Tax Report
• Manage and reconcile Petty Cash
• Reconciliation of all American Express Corporate accounts
• Track telephone expense as well as all travel expense reimbursement
• Training of new staff
• Receive, date stamp and distribute daily mail.
Special Skills and Knowledge
o Account Reconciliation
o Work well under high pressure
o Maintain pleasant demeanor in hectic work environment
o Excellent interpersonal skills
o Microsoft Office 2003,ME & XP Pro
o MAHS90 Accounting Software
o Oracle and Platinum Premier Accounting Software
o Laundry Maintenance System(LMS)