Objective: Motivated Project Manager (Mechanical/Civil /Construction Management) is ready for new constructive and rewarding challenges. Construction experiences in Residential, Commercial and Industrial Facilities; I am seeking a rewarding position in Project Management, which will match my skills and experience to our mutual needs.
• Architectural Project Manger - Engineer with over 10 years of experience in architectural construction and contract solutions, with project implementation of client and building official based applications.
• Mechanical Project Manager - Engineer with over 15 years of experience in turbines/generators; installations, new, maintenance/repair. Site facility construction, contract/installation solutions, and project implementation with clients & subcontract trade labor.
• Managerial Accomplishments: Successfully managed projects and put into practice various operation project completions. Created availability solutions, and assisted clients with planning, implementation and project closures.
• Hands-on experience in managing and implementing assignments, vendor relationships, strategic partnerships and alliances for startups for mid-range companies as well as their divisions.
• Manage and validate accuracy of construction documents for compliance to company product design standards, regulatory requirements and the methods for compliance used in production.
• Managed Architectural drawing assignments from Architectural drafts to final working field preparation in accordance to final local Code compliance as referenced to the communities in planning timeline.
• Managed and liaison differences between architectural consultants (Architects, MEP Engineers) and or in-house staff in the development of construction documents.
• Lead the resolution of construction code and other technical issues through written and/or verbal communication with community associates and/or regulatory officials.
• Prepare scopes of work, accepted bids and awarded contracts to Sub-Contractors.
• Guided/interfaced/and or assisted with design/development team (Purchasing, Site development, Marketing, Accounting, Legal, etc.) to ensure systems, structural elements and products are consistent with Architectural and Code guidelines.
• Resolve answers to the numerous Architectural/Structural/MEPS and program issues.
• Worked within Management and Field Associates to provide an in-office support on the coordination of construction projects in a manner that ensured projects would be complete, on time and within budget.
• Assisted on assembles and compiles start packages for completeness of each project to be handed over to field PM’s.
• Maintains daily communication with Production Manager and Community Construction Managers regarding job schedule, project status and progress.
• Assisted with addressing and solving field related issues in a timely manner necessary to maintain project schedules and meet customer expectations.
• Maintained accurate construction documentation including purchase orders, change orders and variance purchase orders for all ongoing and projected future projects.
• Maintains accurate construction plans, specifications, reference materials and required supporting documentation.
• Contacts customers throughout the building cycle to ensure satisfaction with the homebuilding experience and follows up on concerns and unfinished items as relates to craft work and products.
• Perform conceptual estimates for construction tasks, utilizing computer software, scale drawings and calculators for Take-off materials to establish and maintain cost data base.
• Responsibilities included estimating, bidding and negotiating contracts, cost control and cash flow analysis.
Special Technical Skills/Abilities:
• High level of follow-through and drive, supported by an in-depth knowledge of construction problem solving and resolution in Project, Construction Building Code Compliance and Technical Management
• Disciplined to develop operational goals, objectives and plans for the implementation of systems and procedures.
• Constant vigor to review all operational processes for effectiveness and performance so that production statistics can be compiled for continuous improvement in the construction process
• Support resolution of internal conflicts and project issues for code and building compliance.
• Estimating experienced in bids, take-offs and writing scopes of work along with Means Estimating
• Engineering proficient in; Materials, Structural and Value Engineering and Product Development
• Startups and Commissioning with Best Project Practices
• Contractor/Vendor Qualification
• Strong communication skills in addition to software application of Primavera, MS Project, Excel, Word, Outlook
• Effective communication skills with Clients, Professionals, Management, Building & Code Officials & Construction trades.
• Abilities include; coordinating and scheduling events with other skill levels to create, modify, and follow a construction plans.
• Have a thorough understanding of all types of drawings and specs.
• Profession often required visits to Building /Zoning Officials, Utility Companies (Gas, Electric, Water/Waste, Postal) Officials, Construction/Management Sites, coordination with Architects, Engineers (MEP’s, Structural and Civil), and Project Managers.
• Develop accurate conceptual cost models while keeping track of current material & labor pricing including maintaining the relationships with Subcontractors & material vendors, while working with other consultants & design team professionals, resulting in documentation for scope of work assumed in estimates while contributing and maintaining an organized, disciplined work approach, and assisting other disciplines related in the process.
• Estimated job costs and negotiate with the trades for contract deliverables.
• Construction-document and drawing literate, with knowledge of all phases of construction.
• Sub-Contract Central, NJ Project Manager
• Durr Mechanical, Inc. NYC, NY Project Manager
• NJSCC & NYSCA School Construction Project Manager
• Construction Claims Cedar Knolls, NJ Sr. Consultant
• Kaplan Companies Highland Park, NJ Architectural Project Engineer
• Contract Services Philadelphia, Pa. Area Field Mechanical Engineer (Power Plant Operations)
• Contract Services St. Louis, Mo. Area Field Mechanical Engineer (Power Plant Operations)
• Contract Services Albany, NY Area Field Mechanical Engineer (Power Plant Operations)
• Pyrotek, Inc. Elmsford, NY Field Mechanical Engineer (Mechanical Equip. Plant Operations)
• General Electric Schenectady, NY Field Mechanical Manager/Engineer (17 yrs Power Plant Operations)
• Purdue University Lafayette, Indiana Baccalaureate of Science - Civil/Mechanical Engineering
• HVCC Troy, NY Associate of Science - Construction Management Engineering
• Construction Management,
• Six Sigma Green Belt,
• OSHA Safety Construction
• Captain (In-Country; field commission) – US Marine Corp.
o CEU Engineering Credits,
o Product Development and
o Engineering Societies and Groups