Areas of Expertise:
Crane Maintenance Electrical Power Generation up to 13.8KV
Instrumentation Mechanics Conveyor Systems
Flow Dynamics Electronics DCS Operating Systems
Process Controls Networking Lab Quality Control Strategies
Plant Automation Robotics Motors and Controllers
Hydraulic Systems Pneumatics Programmable Logic Controllers
Washington Post Present Springfield Plant
Industrial Electrician Full Time
• Programmable Logic Controllers.
Siemens Control Logix Allen Bradley PLC 5
RS Logix Festo Controls Propriatary PLC Platforms
• Automated Guided Vehicle Preventive and Corrective Maintenance.
• Mitsubichi Press and related Mitsubichi PLC and Press Controls.
• Plant wide Conveyor Systems with intricate distribution controls.
• Muller Martini SLS packaging lines.
• Collator Distribution and Sitma Shink Wrap Lines.
• Palletizer and Plastic Wrap Precision Robot Controlled Bundle Lines.
• Maximo CMMS upkeep.
• Plant Lighting and Electrical Distribution.
• Stacker and Various Hopper Preventive and Corrective Maintenance.
• Commercial Electrical Projects for building projects and rehab.
Radiometric Instruments (RSI) 5/11 to 3/12 Frederick, Maryland
System Development and Test Engineer Full Time to Part Time
Design, Configuration, Instrumentation and Calibration of 13 of 17 systems sold primarily to China for the fiscal year of 2011.
High Voltage X ray Frames for use in the Steel Mill Industry worldwide.
Test, Development and Building of X-Ray Radiometric Gauging Systems for use in determining material thickness and coating thickness of metals in the steel industry, These systems are built in house and modified to fit the needs of the client customer for different mills around the globe.
Isotope Gauging development, testing and installation.
• Component level build and design of all x-ray driver boards, system computer backplanes, analog and digital input output cards, and interface cards to include programming of all board chips and system main, link and remote Linux based CPU’s.
• Calibration of radiation source gauges of different ranges to include detector gain modifications to determine the proper calibration curve and then performing final test procedures to ensure the measurement is free of noise, hysterisis, drift and response issues.
• Mechanical build of all detector assembly’s, magazine assemblies and C frames adhering to strict tolerances which serve as the foundation of precision.
• Perform Radiation Surveys, Radiation Beam Alignments and Pass Line Determinations.
• Dynamic Compensation development for individual mill alloy requirements.
• Development of customer specific coil report databases.
• Developing and networking the individual main, link and remote systems to be incorporated into the individual mill networks along with Fiber communication links.
• Testing of all operator interface screens individual controls at different access levels.
• Calibration and scaling of all individual system outputs.
• Programming of system motor controllers.
• All radiation source assemblies are built in house based on company methods and tested individually to compensate for inherent issues and develop calibration functions and correction methods to include mill environment concerns.
• Complete system builds in house to conduct a complete overview of the system to include connecting all cables and I/O simulation prior to shipment. Systems packed and shipped with easy on site installation.
• In house system expert and field installation engineer responsibilities.
• Research and Development responsibilities in gaining new system capabilities and testing of customer specific system designs.
Gannsett / Offset 5/11 to Present Springfield, Va
Plant Electrical and Electronic Technician WEEKEND POSITION
• Plant wide Electrical distribution responsibilities.
• Electronic preventive and corrective maintenance to the component level.
• Network systems upkeep servicing and maintenance.
• Industrial support equipment repair and maintenance.
• High Voltage Switchgear maintenance and operation.
• Plate Imaging maintenance to include laser alignment and imaging software.
• Plant wide production equipment maintenance and repair.
• Goss Press maintenance repair, upkeep and corrective maintenance.
Polaris Laser Imaging Plate Processors Compressors
Quipp Stackers Gripper Conveyors Brock Controls
Allen Bradley Drives Siemens PLC’s RS Logix Process Controls
Covanta Power Plant 5/09 to 5/11 Lorton, VA
Plant Electrician and Instrumentation / Controls Technician Contract Position
Plant Outages and a Turbine Rebuilds.
Plant Wide Electrical Projects to include system rebuilds and new equipment installation.
• Responsible for all Electrical Troubleshooting and Maintenance Plant Wide.
• Rebuilt and did Preventive Maintenance on 480 and 4160 MCC Breakers.
• Turbine Rebuilds
• Plant Power Distribution and Corrective Maintenance
• Compressor Troubleshooting
• High Voltage Motors
• Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS)
• Instrumentation Calibration and Maintenance
• Crane Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
• Motor Starters and Controllers
Plant Lighting Sootblowers GAS Burners
Ash Dischargers Compressors Large HP Motors
Scrubber Systems Bag House Systems Martin Stokers
Steam Systems Temperature Controls Bailey DCS Systems
Power Carts High Output FANS Pressure Controls
Alcoa Power and Propulsion 9/07 to 11/09 Hampton, Virginia
Electrical, Instrumentation and Calibration Severance Package
• Working in the Engineering Department as a Non Exempt Salaried Instrumentation and Calibration Technician responsible for the calibration of all plant instruments and to support the maintenance department in solving complex technical issues.
• Shift Electrical Lead.
• Plant Electrical and Controls Responsibilities.
• Primary Plant Responsibility is taking a high voltage mean and using that to melt metal to mold into power and propulsion parts for our largest end user being the Turbine Industry.
Varian X-Ray Systems Pantak X-ray Systems Action Robotics
Natural GAS Furnaces Vacuum Heat Systems Motoman Robots
EDM Machines Environmental Controls CNC Machinery
Symax PLC Systems Modbus Networking Modicon PLC's
Inductotherm Power Systems High Voltage Equiax Casting Heat Treat Wax Injections Machines High Voltage DS Casting Boilerclaves
Coopervision Manufacturing 4/05 to 9/07 Norfolk, VA.
Electrical Technician Company Shutdown
• Plant wide maintenance of all manufacturing machining from the Mold Presses to laboratory Final Lens Processing and Packaging Machines.
• Engineering Project Management of several installations and upgrades.
• Lead Maintenance of 6 Final Lens Processing Lines which consisted of sealing stations, hydration stations, and product quality control stations.
Medical Sterilizer Chambers Langanpac Packaging Machines
IDEC Robots and Peripherals Final Lens Processing Lines
Engel Mold Machines Allen Bradley Process Logic Controls
Kraft Foods 2/03 to 4/06 Suffolk VA
Electro-Mechanical Technician Grade 21 Second Job
• Full Service Maintenance Technician working the entire plant to include high speed conveyor lines, gas direct fire and heat exchanger controls, instrumentation, programmable logic controllers, electrical motors and controllers, mechanical troubleshooting and repair, calibrations of various weigh feeders and distribution equipment.
• Radio Call production support and sanitation support to include responsibilities for daily startup and corrective maintenance.
• Perform Preventive Maintenance on entire plant equipment.
• SAP qualified inventory and maintenance scheduling.
Heat Exchanger Controls Electronics Calibrations Wide Range Equipment
Valve Controls Electrical Weigh Feeders of Various Theories
VFD Drives Mechanical PLC Controlled Process Lines
Federal Mogul 9/01 to 2/05 Hampton, VA.
Senior Assembly Line Technician Company Shutdown
• Responsible for 2 lines of production which merge into a final assembly line for supply of Daimler Chrysler Headlamps.
• PLC controlled production line networked with several station control robots, quality leak testers, laser aiming station, LVDT control station and other part welding and mating stations.
• Responsible for the preventive and corrective maintenance of all 30 stations of equipment utilizing mechanical, electrical, electronic, robotic and process logic control disciplines.
Adept Robots Hot Plate Welders Hoppers and Feeders
Leak Testers High-Speed Conveyors Allen Bradley PLC
Gearboxes Variable Speed Drives Compressed Air Systems
Bandag Tread Plant 9/00 to 9/01 Oxford, NC.
Plant Electrician 3 hour one way drive to work
• Shift work electrician of 4 plant electricians responsible for corrective and preventive production and facility maintenance for the entire rubber manufacturing plant.
• Electrical, mechanical and fabrication responsibilities.
• Plant radio-call maintenance to cover several production lines.
Motors Steam Presses Omron Programmable Controllers
Controllers Munck Robots Iowa Fluid Power Hydraulic
Drives Boiler Plant Plant Air Compression System
Palletizer Mixing Plant Heavy Load Conveyor Systems
Impact Systems 8/97 to 12/01 Los Gatos, Calif.
Process Controls Engineer. Company Sold
• Planning and Installation of several process measuring and control systems within the paper industry east of the Rocky Mountains.
• New Product Development and Implementation of several new measuring, process operation and control systems.
• Training on-site users and Functional Acceptance Testing.
• Preventive and Corrective Maintenance in a Service Contract Structure of several Electro-Mechanical and Electronic Systems.
• Technical Support and Development of Microsoft Based Data Collection and Management Information Systems.
• Networking Entire Systems to include PLC, Windows NT and Qnx Nodes.
• Interfaced equipment to many plant systems to include Reliance Drives, Data Collection systems and Coating Systems.
Allen Bradley Machine I/O Dyna-step Motor Controlled Actuators
QNX to NT Gateway Boxes PLC Controlled Gas Drying Frames
Wonderware Systems High Voltage Electric Infra-Red Dryers
United States Navy 08/82 to 09/94 Honorable Service.
Submarine Electronics Technician
• Performed a 2 year instructor tour teaching solid state electronic theory and troubleshooting to the component level.
• Served on board 3 separate submarines for 3 full tours conducting preventive and corrective maintenance.
• Qualified plant supervisor for the ships air compression systems and the equipment that it supplied, ships main-vital-external hydraulic systems, steering and diving mechanics, turbine generator and motor generator set power distribution system.
Hydraulics Battery Power Distribution to include SSMG sets
Pneumatics Electrical Power Distribution via Steam Turbines
Transmitters Electro-Statically Controlled Gyro Navigation System
Radar Sets Inertial Velocity Meter and Gyro Stabilization Sets
Computers Digital and Analog Data Conversion Equipment
Receivers Multi-speed Repeaters and Gear Driven Data System
1982 Electricity and Electronics A School, United States Navy.
1983 SINS MK 2 MOD 6 Technical School, United States Navy.
1985 - 1989: Submarine Training Facility, United States Navy.
1990 ESGM Technical School, United States Navy.
1992 - 1994: Tidewater Community College, Virginia Beach, VA. US Navy.
1995 Process Controls Training, Honeywell/ Measurex, Cupertino California.
4 week 40 hour per week Factory Training Process Control Equipment
2000 TPC Training Courses, Bandag Tread Manufacturing, Oxford, NC.
2000 Process Logic Controllers Course, Bandag, Oxford, NC.
2001 Allen Bradley RS Trainer 2000 Version 1.00.10 Course.
2002 Rockwell Automation RSLogix 500 Version 1.50.00 Course.
2004 Allen Bradley Contol-Logix Course. Certificate from AB Training.
2005 Strayer University Computer Information Technology