Douglas E Wheeler
Las Vegas, NV 89142 firstname.lastname@example.org
FASTENERS INC VP/General Manager/Warehouse Manager 2004-2011
• Directed executive level operations including personnel hiring, training, counseling, and termination as well as all aspects of warehouse management.
• Supervised up to 180 employees while reducing overtime expenses by $250,000.
• Managed 125,000 sq. ft. warehouse in Las Vegas plus two 35,000 sq. ft. California facilities.
• Designed/coordinated construction of both California retail and warehouse facilities with cost savings of $200,000.
• Responsible for over $23M inventory while maintaining < 1% shrink.
• Instituted process improvements for all sites improving inventory control.
• Converted all training programs to internal trainers saving $50,000 annually.
• Upgraded security systems with savings of $125,000 per year.
• Executed annual sales events generating up to $1.5M each time.
CUSTOM ISLANDS Co-Owner/Business Manager 2001-2004
• Created/managed an outdoor kitchen, fireplace and fire pit installation business.
• Increased gross annual revenue from $70,000 to $300,000.
• Designed, built and installed over 500 systems and oversaw all cost/quality control
BBQ'S GALORE STORE MANAGER 1999-2001
• Managed all daily store operations and supervised/trained/motivated employees
• Provided excellent customer service which helped to increase annual revenue 7%
• Scheduled personnel effectively reducing overtime labor expense 4%
• Monitored a $400,000 inventory and maintained minimal damage control
CHIEF AUTO PARTS/AUTOZONE District Manager 1982-1999
• Directed operations for 17 stores throughout Nevada and Arizona.
• Responsible for supervision, training, and motivation of over 200 employees.
• Achieved the highest employee retention/tenure rate for managers in the company.
• Increased overall district sales revenue from $7M to $15M and won numerous awards.
• Maintained a net profit margin before general and administrative costs of 26%.
• Achieved company record 1.2% shrink loss level on a $24M total inventory.
EDUCATION/TRAINING College of Southern Nevada Business Management
Retail Management/ Operations, Train the Trainer, OSHA Safety Regulations, Dale Carnegie Sales, Motivation and Personal Improvement, Recruiting/ Interviewing Techniques, Asset Protection/Shrink