SHARON M. FRAVEL
*** ******** **** #**** *****, FL 33132
Email - email@example.com Skype - smfravel
Process Oriented and accomplishment driven Senior Analyst with strong leadership skills and almost 20 years of progressively responsible experience in Business Analytics/Intelligence within the spheres of Gaming, Hospitality (Front and Back of House), Education, Manufacturing and Healthcare/Medical is seeking new and challenging opportunities.
Current Skill Set
Analysis/Project Management Tools:
Requirements Management Lifecycle, SDLC and DMAIC Project Management Methodologies, Visio, MS Project, Team Foundation Server, Mantis, Clarity, MS Office Suite, template authoring and utilization, mentoring level training creation and facilitation. Familiarity with many numerous development requirements and issue management tools. Identifying new business opportunities, Business Case development, Business Process Analysis, Business Process Revision (BPR) and Improvement (BPI), Risk Assessment, Gap Analysis and feasibility studies; Team leadership (from 5 to 75 members) and Team Mentoring
Business Analytics/Business Intelligence:
Utilizing tools such as Cognos, or home grown analytics engines, to rapidly analyze and provide informative information regarding a business’ raw data as well as adapting reports and dashboards to changing business conditions and needs; utilizing information to assist in improving decision making, cutting costs and identify new business/process opportunities.
Requirements Planning and Management
Ownership of requirements lifecycle including prioritization, Requirements Management Plan and change management processes
Brainstorming Sessions, Document Analysis, Focus Groups, Interviews, Workshops and JRD/JAR Sessions, Market Studies, Surveys (Internal and External), Shadowing/Observing Users
Documenting and analyzing business, stakeholder, functional, technical, non-functional and other needed requirements; business process diagrams, flowcharts, data models; use case, user experience design, storyboards, wireframes, user profiles and user stories; maintaining traceability matrix and working iteratively with stakeholders and resource teams to deliver requirements that are cohesive, complete, consistent, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, current, mandatory and verifiable.
Team and stakeholder meetings, working sessions, milestone/tollgate presentations, project meetings, change meetings and discussions, non-verbal communications such as update reports, progress reports, etc.
Solution assessment and validation
Verification methods from maintaining requirement lifecycle through traceability, validation methods including test scripting, prototypes, testing, QA methodologies and User Acceptance Testing planning and conducting. Review and revise with resources, stakeholders, business teams and resource management to address issues, change management and scope changes.
ECWise, Inc- San Raphael, California
Business Systems Analyst/Project Manager – 11/2010 – 6/2012
Responsible for requirements management, Use Case development, analyst role growth and SME for casino-centric projects and initiatives. Coordination of development, analysis and project management work across a global team with the utmost efficiency and effectiveness. Worked directly with internal and external clients, off-shore and on-shore development teams as well as coordination of QA and UAT.
• Developing new products to fit the needs of the client, analyzing current business processes to uncover best practices for ROI and Business Process Improvement
• Worked to bring from visualization to reality applications to assist in the management of gaming player club offerings and key analytics to improve upon Business Intelligence in the form of reporting, KPIs, identifying new lines of revenue and cost cutting opportunities and on demand reporting.
• Implemented JAD/JAR sessions for requirements elicitation to allow for faster product delivery and more efficient needs analysis
Las Vegas Sands, Inc Corporate Offices- Las Vegas, Nevada
Project Manager - 8/2010 – 11/2010
Responsible for the management of Back & Front of house Projects, including PMS (Agilys LMS), Finance (Infinium), Human Resources, Online Reservation Systems, Supply Chain Management, Information Technology and Corporate Initiatives for both North American and Asian Properties. Resource management of Project Managers and Business Analysts within the Project Management Office, fulfilling business demand, maintaining costs and delivering on time and within budget. Addressing training issues, meetings with business stakeholders for project status across the Back of House area. Providing mentoring and support for all PMO Team Members, working directly with all resource pools to plan allocation for upcoming and far reaching projects.
• Successfully coordinated and controlled PCI initiatives throughout North America and Asia with respect to Information Technology areas including encryption, Asset Management, etc.
• Coordinated and defined all areas within the business silos in Back of House, including major global project initiatives such as outsourcing of Human Resources, Vendor/Supplier portal and new financial applications allowing the business to pursue more cost effective business processes
• Accomplished effective business engagement with all business partners, creating an effective line of communication with IT and current and potential vendors.
• Project Manager on creation of new Business Intelligence team initiative switch over to Cognos systems,
• Project Manager and hands on analyst on Engineering initiative to streamline cost effectiveness between facilities and procurement utilizing Business Intelligence and BPM to increase ROI throughout the department as well as creating new KPI reporting indicators for all aspects of the department.
Senior Business Analyst - 8/2008 – 8/2010
Senior Business Analyst, responsible for Large Scale projects including global Online Suite Reservations initiative. Working directly with Executive Director of Project Management Office to revamp and revise old business practices and Project processes, including creation of RFP processes and documentation, ROI standardization for IT costs, standard best practices for Business Analytics and Project Management as well as raising the bar for what the corporation understood an Analyst to be and what they now look for in new hires.
• Global Online Reservations System, Property Management System (PMS) initiatives, Retail/Entertainment Initiatives (Micros POS)
• Call Center Outsourcing project, including key functionality with PMS system/Call Center System and Gaming Systems.
• Developed Business Analyst Training program for Global properties.
• Successfully streamlined business engagement and management processes for Strategic Marketing (Global).
• Assisted in creating time tracking processes for project and team member budgeting, cost containment and developed new IT corporate Cost strategy for ROI inclusion.
• Created Business Intelligence reporting module from raw disparaging data sources, for project driven costs to charge back to in house departments. Implementation included Business Process Management changes that still are in use today.
MGM MIRAGE Corporate Offices- Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Analyst - 07/2007 – 08/2008
Responsible for utilizing business analysis skills for delivering quality business specifications, requirements and solutions for all projects assigned. Working with end users to gather and assess business needs and translate them into technical specifications and requirements. Large range of knowledge within casino, hotel, retail and new construction IT projects. Proven problem solving, analytical and fact-finding skills as well as Total Value of Ownership and Total Cost of Ownership Information Systems financial model.
• Delivered successful implementation of enterprise entertainment ticketing system from RFP to installation, including focused JRD sessions as well as implementation strategies and roll out plan to encompass over 1,000 users.
• Delivered successful enterprise Spa system replacement to 9 properties within Las Vegas from RFP to vendor selection, including focused workshops and JRD sessions with the business representatives, shadowing and surveys. Included interfaces and systems management with PMS systems (Agilysis and Micros PMS) as well as retail and accounting systems (Micros, Stratten Warren)
• CIO Team Member award within first 6 months of employment
• Key contributor and analyst on large scale-enterprise wide projects.
• Business flow processes, analysis of current practices and deployment of more cost-effective resolutions.
• Working directly with Business Analyst director to assess and revise currently level documentation templates for faster execution and implementation. Currently working towards CAPM certification.
SIERRA HEALTH SERVICES - Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Systems Analyst - 03/2005 – 07/2007
Responsible for all aspects of database conception, design, process flows, competitive analysis, directory creation (GeoNetworks, Directory Expert, GeoCoder, Disruption Analysis, Geo Referral), market comparison, etc. Fashioned new procedures based on business process analysis of department and company. Responsible for all aspects of reporting and analysis for all commercial and government lines of business.
• Created a successful new internal application (role of BA, PM and Developer) for handling new mother enrollment for post-partum monitoring across the corporation.
• Business flow processes, analysis of current practices and deployment of more cost-effective resolutions.
• Database design, redesign, competitive analysis, directory creation (GeoNetworks, Directory Expert, GeoCoder, Disruption Analysis), market comparison, etc.
• Created new procedures and process flows based on needs analysis of department and company including business process improvement
• Created departmental documentation, procedures and data flow charts and systems.
• Created new model based on Medicare Advantage PPO network.
• Understanding of contracts (both provider and pharmacy).
• Formed and deployed end user training and of new database structures department wide which has aided in saving time and money.
• Received On the Spot Gold award twice since December 2005 for exceeding project goals.
VALLEY HEALTH SYSTEMS – Las Vegas, Nevada
Physician Liaison/Systems Analyst - 01/2003 to 10/2004
LAKE MEAD HOSPITAL – North Las Vegas, Nevada
Technical Services Analyst - 12/2001 to 01/2003
AIRTEK/CATCO, INC – Hobart, Indiana
Network Administrator – 07/1999 – 07/2001
ATLANTIC CAPE COMMUNITY COLLEGE – Mays Landing, New Jersey
Academic Computing Specialist – 11/1991 - 5/1999
Certifications Professional Training Degree
• Six Sigma Greenbelt Certified, October 2007 • Effective Requirements Gathering
• Facilitating Effective JAD Sessions
• Public Speaking
• Business Analytics
• Organizational Leadership
• Team Building & Assessment • A.S. Atlantic Cape Community College, 2000