Atlanta, GA 30339
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE To obtain a responsible position in a company, where my experience,
accomplishments and proficiency will allow me the opportunity for growth.
EDUCATION Clark Atlanta University Atlanta, Georgia 2004 Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration
Georgia Perimeter College Atlanta, Georgia 2009
Effective Writing Skills Course
AHA Microsoft Training Atlanta, Georgia 2010
Microsoft Office Coursework
EXPERIENCE Cox Communications Atlanta, Georgia 12/11-present
Accounts Payable Specialist
• Reviewed W9 tax information and notified customers about past due amounts.
• Managed the escheatment (unclaimed properties) filings for the company.
• Participated in the accounts payable reconciliation process.
Atlanta Housing Authority Atlanta, Georgia 07/08-02/10 Accounting Assistant
• Assisted during the corporate budget process to help develop cost center expenses.
• Prepared deposits of miscellaneous checks for corporate and record keeping.
• Ensured that vendors were properly set up to pay corporate invoices.
Georgia Department of Revenue Atlanta, Georgia 02/06-07/08 Tax Examiner I (Sales Tax Division)
• Made sure that the state and local governments were paid the revenues they are owed by citizens and businesses.
• Determined allowable deductions for each tax return.
• Performed audits to insure accurate sales tax returns.
ORGANIZATIONS CAU Accounting Club
CAU Marketing Club
Volunteer, Salvation Army
Hosea Williams, Feed The Homeless
SPECIAL SKILLS All phases of Microsoft Office; Oracle Financial Systems; Quickbooks; 10 Key; Typing speed of 50 wpm; Computer Information Technology; Spanish: moderate to good.