Manager: Quality Assurance - Configuration - Operations
Dedicated and skilled MBA Professional with 20 years of management experience in the manufacturing industry actively seeking employment in the fields of Configuration Management, Quality Assurance Management or Operations Management.
SKILLS - KEYWORDS:
LEADERSHIP, RESULTS DRIVEN, PROJECT MANAGEMENT, CMII, CONFIGURATION, DOCUMENTATION CONTROL, BOMS AND WORK INSTRUCTIONS, ISO9001, QUALITY ASSURANCE, MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS, CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT, LEAN PROCESSES, JIT, PROCESS IMPROVEMENT, QUALITY CONTROL, SAFETY, PROCEDURE DEVELOPMENT, AUDITING, REPORTING, DATA ANALYSIS, COST REDUCTION, PROBLEM SOLVING, FMEA, ESD, CONTROL PLANS, ORGANIZATIONAL STAFF DEVELOPMENT, TEAM LEADERSHIP, TRAINING, PLANNING, DECISION MAKING, AVANTE ERP SYSTEM, MICROSOFT WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, PHOTOSHOP, TREENO, MBA, BS, FRENCH, SPANISH, ASQ
AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION 5/92 – 9/08
* CMII - CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT II Certified
* DIRECTED and SUPERVISED the DOCUMENTATION CONTROL department.
* Document Scanning System - Implemented a web-based DOCUMENT SCANNING SYSTEM for all quality control documents and documentation control documents* Business Continuity Plan – Working with the management team, responsible for final implementation and maintenance of the business continuity plan.
* P.C. Board Firmware Configuration – Working with the software and electrical engineering design group, established FIRMWARE CONFIGURATION process, controlled network firmware storage and retrieval for performing p.c. board firmware testing.
QUALITY ASSURANCE - QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER:
* DIRECTED and SUPERVISED all QUALITY DEPARTMENT personnel.
* New Product Qualification – Updated and standardized NEW PRODUCT QUALIFICATION test and documentation requirements across product lines. FAAR Process Team – In conjunction with the shipping supervisor, developed the First Article Approval Request process for the cross-functional New Products Team final VERIFICATION.
* ISO 9001 Certification and ISO Management Representative - Led management team for Airmar’s ISO 9001 REGISTRATION and maintained the company’s quality system and ongoing registration through third party audits and internal quality audits. Trained and managed the INTERNAL QUALITY AUDIT team.
* X-Ray Fluorescent Metal Analyzer - XRF METAL ANALYZER implementation SAVED $100,000 within 3 years. XRF Metal Analyzer SAFETY OFFICER - Responsible for maintaining Radiological Licensing requirements per the State of New Hampshire.
* RoHS Compliance – Managed a significant portion of the ROHS Compliance project, working with the management team to create and implement the RoHS program in compliance with European Union REDUCTION OF HAZARDOUS WASTE requirements. In addition, qualified LEAD FREE SOLDER materials and tooling. Re-trained assembly personnel to Lead-Free SOLDERING requirements.
* FMEA Training – Initiated and managed TRAINING project for Engineering, Production and Quality personnel in FAILURE MODE and EFFECTS ANALYSIS.
* Professional Association: American Society for Quality – Granite State Section 104 SECTION LEADERSHIP TEAM
* Standardized various department specific and company-wide operations TREND REPORTS, including Scrap & Rework CHARTS.
* Under the direction of the CFO performed product re-costing as part of a product COSTING system upgrade.
* DIRECTED and SUPERVISED six MANUFACTURING DEPARTMENTS over the course of eight years, usually two departments at the same time, with an average of 13 personnel between the two departments. Departments included Housing Prep, Light Marine, Lamination, Air Transducer, Advanced Manufacturing Lab, and Injection Molding.
* Created department TRAINING MANUALS for Housing Prep and Light Marine production departments. This led to greater CROSS-TRAINING and job flexibility between personnel, which resulted in improvements in on-time production.
* While supervisor of the INJECTION MOLDING department, the Injection Molding Team earned the top award for achieving the GREATEST IMPROVEMENT in PROCESSING EFFICIENCY of that year’s EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION AWARDS.
* IPC Certified Soldering Professional – J-STD-001 CLASS A INSTRUCTOR for HAND SOLDERING. Trained solder assemblers to J-STD-001 Class 1 soldering requirements.
KOLLSMAN INSTRUMENTS CORPORATION 9/81 – 5/91
* DIRECTED and SUPERVISED two MANUFACTURING DEPARTMENTS over the course of four years, with an average of 10 personnel in each departments. Departments included Bond & Conformal Coating and HRA P.C. Board Post Solder Assembly. Prior to the supervisor position, I held positions of GROUP LEADER, P.C. BOARD TEST TECHNICIAN and P.C. BOARD SOLDER ASSEMBLER. Note: Laid off in May 1991 after Kollsman lost a large military contract.
New Hampshire College, School of Graduate Studies - Master of Business Administration (MBA), 1995
New Hampshire College - Bachelor of Science in Business Studies (BS), 1990