Timothy M. White
OPERATIONS / QUALITY MANAGEMENT
Highly motivated professional with outstanding manufacturing experience providing leadership skills to achieve and exceed targeted profitability and growth. Dynamic team leader with a strong background in operations, quality, customer relations, vendor management and human resource management. Solid organizational, communication and time management skills.
• Lean manufacturing
• Departmental budgeting
• Capacity planning
• Supply chain management
• Strategic planning
• Plastics/Steel processing
• ISO9001 / TS16949
• System development
• Kaizen facilitator
• Team building
• Root cause analysis
• Project management
• Continuous improvement
Excel Electrocircuit, Orion, MI Jan 2007 – Present
Operations and Quality Assurance Manager
Provide direction and support for all aspects of production, including personnel, training and budgeting. Managing all customer relations for product quality, root cause analysis and plant tours.
• Reduced staff from 64 to 50 while supporting sales from $350K/month to $450K/month in 3 years.
• Improved profits as follows: 2007 - $80K ; 2008 - $498K; 2009 - $95K; 2010 - $638K.
• Assisted in bank negotiations to rearrange debt to achieve better terms and line of credit.
• Customer liaison for all sales inquiries and project management.
• Managed Certification Audits to achieve and then maintain ISO/TS16949.
• System improvements: (1) Scrap reduction 6.2% in 2007 to 3.2% in 2009; (2) on-time fill rate: N/A in 2007, 97.4% in 2008, and 98.2% in 2009; (3) set up department budgets to control spending; (4) developed process for inventory management and 30-day hold for prototypes
American Shower & Bath, Lapeer, MI and Moorestown, NJ Nov 1998 – Nov 2006
Corporate QA Manager / OCI Manager (May 2004 – Nov 2006)
Managed all quality and continuous improvement activities for two manufacturing plants.
• Strategic initiative manager for Continuous Improvement
Quality Assurance Manager – Lapeer Facility (Nov 1998 – May 2004)
Restructured and managed quality department in Lapeer facility.
• Implemented QA system in Lapeer that was then duplicated in New Jersey.
• Developed the Office of Continuous Improvement (OCI) in both plants.
• Facilitated eight Kaizen events – 6 in Lapeer and 2 in New Jersey.
• Accomplishments included over $138,000 in saving on productivity improvements from Jan - Oct 2006.
• Reduction of daily scrap rates of over 33% on each of 3 shifts.
Plastics Research Corporation, Flint, MI Sept 1997 – Aug 1998
Quality Assurance Manager
Managed an 11-person department in a 24-hour, 7-day/week plastic manufacturing environment. Achieved a 13% reduction in returned goods and customer complaints, reduced the cost of recycling nonconforming products by 40%, and prepared organization for ISO9001 implementation.
Stanley Door Systems, Troy, MI May 1994 – Sept 1997
Divisional Quality Assurance Manager (Dec 1996 – Sept 1997)
Managed vendor quality system and scrap reduction program.
Quality Assurance Coordinator (May 1994 – Dec 1996)
Supplier quality management and internal product quality management. Directly responsible for all vendor quality issues and shop floor quality concerns.
• Implemented a scrap reduction program for 8 facilities to achieve 10% reduction in scrap.
• Cost reduction efforts resulted in over $6 million in savings during a two-year period.
• Facility lead assessor for ISO9001 implementation.
• Team leader on outsourcing project for three product lines.
• Coordinated process conversion from raw steel to pre-painted steel on assembly line.
Poly Circuits, Bensenville, IL July 1993 – April 1994
• Investigation and implementation of new wastewater treatment equipment for filtering contaminants from waste stream, which eliminated our discharge violations and saved the company approximately $5000/month.
• Process characterization of circuit board lines for identifying and modifying critical attributes.
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Bachelor of Science in Industrial and Operations Engineering ~ 1993
EuroQuest ISO9000 Lead Auditor Training, Atlanta, GA Feb 1998
Leadership Training Courses, Metamora, MI Jan 1999 to Mar 2000
Masco Leadership Program – Operations Management
Graduated as “Masco Fellow” (with honors) in March 2006
The award winning MLP-OM program, a joint effort between Masco and Michigan State University, promotes organic growth through Masco employees focused on TQM, business processes, Six Sigma, R and D, product development and operations management.
Project results: reduced extrusion scrap and improved extrusion efficiencies to save $85,388 in a 7-month period.
Masco Continuous Improvement Exchange, Taylor, MI June and Oct 2006
Knights of Columbus ~ Member since 1999 – Council 1987 – Lapeer, MI
ICC Christ Renews His Parish ~ Lay Director for Team 1, Spiritual Director for Team 2, Chairman of CC