ROD W. LANIER
MUSTANG, OK *3064
Skilled executive, experienced in national sales management and market development. Expertise in start-up operations, strategic planning, with leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. Developed marketing strategies to promote sales growth of both new and existing product lines. Increased sales to existing customer base and new accounts resulted in optimal profitability and significant increase in market share.
DENTSPLY INTERNATIONAL, INC., York, PA (1979-1990)
Began as a field sales representative and was promoted to a corporate management position with the world's largest dental manufacturing company. Redesigned corporate trade show exhibit, which resulted in savings of $150k associated with costs to exhibit at national trade shows. Negotiated new corporate fleet program, which resulted in annual savings in excess of $100k.
Manager of Sales and Service/Assistant National Sales Manager
· Researched new accounts to increase overall sales 17 percent.
· Managed 165 sales associates with sales goals and objectives.
· Responsible for the annual fiscal budget.
· Negotiated contracts for corporate fleet leases and maintenance of 230 cars.
· Monitored all FDA compliance with customers.
· Corporate training manager.
· Directed five national and nine regional trade shows.
· Exceeded sales quotas five consecutive years.
· Federal Government Sales increased 92% in four years.
· Received National District Manager of the Year award twice.
· Trained and worked with 18 dealers and 70 dealer reps.
· Motivated and supervised district reps in multi-state territory.
· Increased product usage at dental schools in OK, TX, and KS.
· Exceeded sales quotas each year.
· Earned Rep of the Year award three consecutive years.
· Responsible for maintaining current customer accounts.
· Developed new customer accounts.
· Cold calls in multi-state territory including OK, TX, KS, NM, and AR.
FORD AUDIO INC., Oklahoma City, OK (1990-1995)
Complete responsibility for sales and marketing of one of the nation's leading providers of systems integration using specially designed software programs. Efforts resulted in contracts being awarded to provide systems for the Denver International Airport, Fiesta Texas theme park, Dobson Communications and other large facilities across the country.
Vice President of Sales
· Maintained a sales base of $22m dollars.
· Increased sales 400% over a five-year period.
· Developed procedures to monitor customer service levels.
· Expanded the sales territories from one region to six regions.
· Increased the sales team from seven to 22.
DOVE DESIGN GROUP INC., Oklahoma City, OK (1995-2001)
Managing partner in an electronic systems integration company. Directed new company to multi-million dollar sales revenue within first four years of operation. Responsible for P&L, sales, marketing and operations.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
· Involved in building the business model for the company from its start-up position.
· Developed sales program in the United States. Major customers included Hertz, Wal-Mart and OG&E integrating their existing systems with new hardware and software capabilities.
· Responsible for recruiting and training sales associates.
· Designed sales proposals for corporate presentations.
· Increased customer service levels.
· Developed marketing campaigns targeting key national accounts.
FEED THE CHILDREN, Oklahoma City, OK (2001-2007)
Recruited to direct procurement and business development staff of one of the nation's largest non-profit organizations. Implemented corporate marketing strategies, which included key accounts such as Wal-Mart, Georgia Pacific, and the Clorox Companies. Began trade show participation, which resulted in a 30% increase of donors.
Director of Procurement, Business Development
· Procure corporate donation of food, hygiene and medical products.
· Maintain base of 1200 vendors using new hardware and software.
· Oversee the growth of GIK totaling $750 million dollars.
· Goals and objectives have increased over 60% in six years.
· Develop marketing programs to promote FTC’s mission.
· Managed 16 team members in development of new accounts.
· Analyze and assess competitive situations in the non-profit industry.
· Responsible for hiring and training major account representatives.
CLEARY BUILDING CORP, Verona, WI (2007-present)
Manage Oklahoma operations for nations second largest steel building manufacturer. Responsibilities include sales, sales management, hiring, training, crew schedules and other areas that affect directly or indirectly the profit/loss of Oklahoma operations. Directly involved with customer requirements for building designs, building process, and with Cleary staff and subcontractors required to meet customer satisfaction.
· Multi-million dollar profit/loss.
· Hire and train all staff for this territory.
· Work with corporate office to develop marketing plan.
· Increase sales over 240% first year.
· Analyze and assess competitive situations.
Oklahoma City Southwestern College, Oklahoma City, OK Business Administration
Penn State University, York, PA Xerox Professional Selling Skills I & II
Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
References available upon request