THOMAS E. WALDEN
Email: email@example.com Paragould, AR 72450
Lakeside Metals Paragould, AR 2012-Present
Quality Manager responsible for improving and establishing a Quality program for international import company. Establish quality procedures and documentation to ensure customer satisfaction. Resolve customer issues and promote corrective actions from suppliers. Manage quality assurance auditors responsible for all incoming inspections and in-process inspections through rework process. Process credits from customers and follow process through supply chain to debit supplier.
Southworth Products Manila, AR 2010-2012
Operations/Building Manager responsible for day to day operations of material handling equipment manufacturing facility. Manage multiple supervisors from manufacturing through shipping in a two shift operation to ensure high quality of products while maintaining efficiency expectations and maximizing utilization of employees in a safe working environment. Improved productivity significantly in first year while maintaining quality expectations.
Teleflora LLC Paragould, AR 2003-2010
Director of Call Center Operations responsible for call center operations in multiple facilities located in Arkansas, Oklahoma, and the Philippines including a 24 hour florist answering service, and the Network Quality Program.
• Responsible for management group and 150 representatives throughout the year in a 24/7 operation, and an additional 1200 seasonal employees located in multiple locations during peak holiday periods that handle approximately 2 million inbound calls and 200,000 emails.
• Enhanced training program for seasonal reps to ensure a smooth transition from training class to phones within 16 hours.
• Directed the start-up and day to day operations of an outsourcing operation with cost savings in excess of $1 million.
• Responsible for negotiating contract and pricing for outsourced operations in addition to domestic staffing agencies.
• Increased 24 hour answering service profit in excess of 300%.
• Initiated start-up and continued operation of Teleflora’s Network Quality Program ensuring over 24,000 member florists understand and exceed quality expectations of the consumer and provide a positive impact on Teleflora’s reputation for quality.
• Oversee annual budgets for Call Center Operations as well as the 24 Hour answering service.
Operations Manager responsible for call center operations including sales, customer service and support operations. Accountable for all operational needs and implementation of strategies to increase productivity and improve cost effectiveness. Provided strategic vision and leadership to enhance operations and maintain a dominant market position. Established a premiere performance management initiative that was reproduced throughout the company. Oversaw modification of system enhancements that increased productivity by more than 20%.
Thomas and Betts Corp. Jonesboro, AR 1997-2003
Project Manager responsible for Lean Six Sigma process improvements. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt responsible for implementation of value stream based LEAN to reduce inventory levels and Six Sigma to reduce variation and improve process efficiencies and throughput.
Quality Engineer responsible for continuous improvement, corrective action responses, and customer quality issues. Managed and coordinated quality assurance auditors, QA laboratory, supplier issues, UL and ISO 9000 compliance, and customer service and relations. Certified as an Internal Auditor for ISO 9000. Established prescreening audit procedures for all new products including castings, steel, rubber and plastics.
Cupples Rubber Company Caruthersville, MO 1996-1997
Technical Manager responsible for supervision of Quality Assurance department, QA laboratory, Spec. System upkeep and New Product Development for profile extrusion and lathecut operations. Handled customer complaints and coordinated production and quality personnel. Responsible for implementation of QS 9000.
Prestolite Wire Corporation Paragould, AR 1990-1996
Quality Assurance/Laboratory Technician responsible for all aspects of Quality Control including verification of incoming materials, process audits, and final inspection. Also responsible for new product testing and product verification for UL, CSA, and automotive requirements including Ford, GM, Chrysler, and Toyota. Worked closely with UL and CSA licensed technicians. Proficient in a wide variety of laboratory equipment and procedures and received certification as a Quality Technician.
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATION:
Greene County Technical High School Honor Student
Bachelors (BS) Degree in Mathematics, Arkansas State University
ASQ Certified Quality Technician
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification