Louis Chia Wang
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a fulltime position in hardware/Test/board/RF design.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS: • Proficient in PCB design of high speed and high layer count load board with OrCAD and layout tool Cadence Allegro.
• Well versed with designing interfaces to ARM.
• Proficient in Verilog, ARM Assembly, C/C++, MATLAB.
EXPERIENCE: CHUNGHWA PRECISION TEST SANTA CLARA, CA, USA
Design Department, Design Engineer (Intern) Aug. 2011 – Dec. 2011
• Based on requirements and data from clients, built customized components and designed high complexity circuits.
• Designed high speed and high layer count load board using Allegro.
• Gained familiarity with Advantest T2000 and v93000 (Verigy) test system.
• Worked on projects with nVIDIA, Atheros and Jasper.
SUNAMPER, INC. TAIPEI, TAIWAN
Research and Development Department May 2008 – Jul. 2009
• Reduced the cost by optimizing the design for a digital photo frame and digital video recorder from Magnum Semiconductor.
• Tested the cost-reduced products for compliance.
• Verified the circuit board layout before mass production.
MINISTRY OF NATIONAL DEFENSE (ROC) DONGYIN, TAIWAN
Department of Communications, Signalman Feb. 2007 – Apr. 2008
• Maintained telephony and wireless communication equipment.
EDUCATION: SOUTHERN METHODIST UNIVERSITY DALLAS, TX, USA
MS in Electrical Engineering Aug. 2010 – May. 2012
• GPA: 3.3
I-SHOU UNIVERSITY KAOHSIUNG CITY, TAIWAN
BS in Electrical Engineering Sep. 2002 – May. 2006
RELATED COURSEWORK: Microprocessor Architecture and Interfacing Computer Programming
Principle of RF Circuit and Testing Tech. Data Communications
CMOS Digital IC Analysis and Design Intro. to VLSI Design
ARM System-on-chip Architectures Computer Aided Circuit Design
Advanced Topics in Wireless Comm. Hardware Description Languages