Newton, MA 02459
• 16+ years in the Information Technology Industry.
• 2+ years as a Business System Analyst in Agile environment
• 12+ years as a senior level developer
• Full software development lifecycle experience through Rational Unified Process and UML compliant documentation.
CIDC Cambridge, MA 06/2010-Present
Business System Analyst
As a member of Tool Support and Payment Methods (TSPM) team was responsible for:
• Stepping up a Product Owner when he was on vacation or long business trips
• Creating an Expression Of Needs (EON) Draft and have a first discussion to start the design process
• Finalizing the ideas of the contributors and creating a final EON and follow up stories to be included in the backlog as required
• Collaborating with the Product Owner in fleshing out the technical details of the Product Backlog prior to the spring planning meetings
• Assisting the team during the sprint by participating in design discussions, documenting design decisions, providing backup for the Product Owner, when questions arise
• After the sprint is completed, update the product documentation to capture the details of what was implemented and delivered to production
• Working with Scrum Master to identify, escalate and assist in resolution of impediments that were impacting the team
• Participate in the creation of Rough Order Magnitude (ROM) estimates for newly proposed business projects
• Assisted QA in creation of test cases and testing in QA and Staging environments
• Provide the appropriate level of documentation for the team and organization growth
As a Business System Analyst was responsible (on a company level) for:
• Understanding the hw/sw architecture of CIDC’s products and service delivery platform
• Providing the bridge between the product management and product development at CIDC
• Working with other BSA team members to clearly define, build and socialize the role and responsibilities of the BSA team. (Being the liaison between the CIDC business / marketing / customer support units, technology teams and other support teams.)
• Establishing a repository of documentation to verify application behavior - was responsible for creating “Accounting”, “Transaction”, “Batch Processing” and other documents.
Technical Environment: Jira 5.1, Microsoft Office 2007, Server Studio 7.2, Debut Video Capture Software
Nuance Communication, Inc Burlington, MA 02/2006-05/2009
Software Engineer III
Project: eBridge Application
eBridge is a new application that allows comparison of application configuration settings in the Test and Production environments, and simple copying these settings from one environment to another. The application consists of multi-paned client-side Java Swing application coupled with server-side servlet transactions that accesses test and production relational databases. This application significantly reduced the time needed to configure customers, and to reduce the errors inherent in the manual process.
Project: Distribution Management Pane feature
Distribution Management Pane is a new feature for administration application. This feature will allow users to maintain the distribution of the documents. Distribution Management Pane provides powerful search functionality, possibility to redistribute documents with existing distribution rules or manually, change priority or status of the distributions. Developed client and server sides.
Project: Emergency Transcription System
Emergency Transcription System allows users to use alternative workflow to process transcribed documents during the normal process downtime. This is the standalone java application that was deployed on a customer site. The system process transcribed documents by parsing it to HL7 message format using customer specific template. System provides validation of specific fields and email notification.
Technical Environment: Java, Apache Ant 1.6.5, SQL Query Analyzer 8.00.194, Eclipse 3.1.2, Micromedia JRun 4, Tortoise SVN 1.3.1
CGI Information Systems, Andover, MA 2000-2005
Project: Data Management System (DMS)
Client: CGI, Andover, MA
DMS is a small application with the command line interface designed to split input PCL (Printer Control Language) file into separate files corresponding to the envelope sizes and insert barcode and sequence number for tracking purpose. Responsibility included design and development of new features, bug fixing, testing and deployment of DMS application. Work with outside vendors to evaluate and install third party applications.
Technical Environment: Java, Swiftview, JPadPro 3.7
Project: Unilever Promotions Online System (UPOL)
Client: Marketing Drive Worldwide(MDWW), Boston, MA
UPOL is a small 3-tier application designed to provide Unilever with a convenient means to monitor and manage their MDWW promotional programs and their respective budgets. The original application architecture required using Microsoft Excel as a server-side reporting engine that lead to system failure if more that 1 user was trying to generate report. The proposed solution was to remove Excel from the architecture on the server side and replacing it with Office Web Components.
Participated in system analysis and redesign of UPOL application. Was responsible for Database analysis, ASPs code review. Moved SQL statements from ASPs and MTS components to Stored Procedures. Modified ASPs to call reporting DLL.
Technical Environment: ASP, COM+, Windows 2000, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0
Project: Replacement Claim Management System
Client: Lincoln Life Insurance Company, Hartford, CT
Replace the existing Claim Management System with an internet-based application providing for all current functionality. The major functionality to be included in this development effort was: search and leverage data if applicable from the database to add new claim events; process payments; replace all existing interfaces to the claims workflow system, check writing system, and the policy management system; enable document creation; and track documents and files.
Technical Environment: Java, Struts, IBM’s Websphere, IBM’s HTTP Server, DB2/UDB, VSS
Project: eCommerce Infrastructure
Client: Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, MA
The CGI Team was responsible for creating a strategic company-wide Internet e-commerce infrastructure for eight company divisions using J2EE technology.
The project has progressed through the Rational Unified Process phases of Inception, Elaboration, Refined Architecture and Construction.
Participated in all phases of the software development lifecycle. Worked directly with end users to define functional requirements. Developed functional requirements, technical requirements, use cases, design specs, and test plans.
Every functional area required analysis, design, development, unit testing, debugging and implementation.
Participated in integration and performance testing.
The Stride Rite Corporation, Lexington, MA 1998-2000
Senior Application Developer/Client Configuration Manager
Project: Order Management (OM) and Order Management Administration (AD).
As a Senior Application Developer for one of the leading shoe manufacturing companies, provided technical leadership to build new Order Management and Order Management Administration Systems. The project spanned two years. The system architecture is a two-tier client server application with a NT back-end using Oracle8i RDBMS. The front-end application is being developed using PowerBuilder 6.5. Major responsibilities included design and development user interface and business logic for Customer, Credit Checking and Invoicing functional areas,
As a Client Configuration Manager maintained PVCS archives and PowerGen projects, created/modified InstallShield projects, created/deployed PowerBuilder executable.
Technical Environment: PowerBuilder, Oracle, Windows 2000, PVCS Version Manager 6.6, InstallShield for Window Installer 1.1, InstallShield 5.5 Professional Edition, MQSeries MQS500C.
MetLife Insurance Company, Warwick, RI 1997-1998
System Analyst / Developer
Project: Claims Handling System (CHS).
As an Application Developer was responsible for designed and developed Item Tracking and Alert-Messaging subsystems, user interface for Insured, Claimant and Other Property tabs and redesigned GUI and business logic for the Search Process.
The system architecture is a two-tier client server application with an NT back-end using Sybase 11.0 RDBMS.
Technical Environment: PowerBuilder, Sybase, Windows NT.
Telcor Systems Corp, Natick, MA 1990-1997
Designed, developed and maintained the Purchase Order System.
Main responsibilities included GUI design and writing store procedures to encapsulate business rules and to increase performance.
Created Bug Tracking System for reported problems.
Technical Environment: PowerBuilder, Sybase, Windows 3.1
Senior hardware technician 1990-1994
Designed of analog circuits and power supply. Performed failure analysis and troubleshooting down to component level.
Ukrainian Metal Automated Corp, Ukraine 1982-1989
Designed and implemented the automatic control system for metallic alloy heat treatment.
Designed digital/analog circuits, memory and power supply.
Polytechnical Institute, Ukraine 1980-1985
BS in Computer Science