WHITNEY J. FISHER
Human Resources Consultant • April 2012 – Present • FamilyFarms Group – Management Consulting Firm
• Advise Human Resources Managers on all human resources related initiatives including but not limited to staffing plans, talent management, training, change management, human resources administration, on-boarding, compensation, benefits, employee relations, performance management, disciplinary process, laws and regulations, DOT compliance, and safety.
• Consult teams on creating organization design, development and succession plans for the next generation.
• Develop and deliver human resources related training sessions through monthly webinars and regional conferences topics include staffing, performance management, record keeping, sexual harassment, workplace harassment, safety, writing job descriptions, conducting your S.W.O.T. analysis etc.
• Advise and coach the managers on ways to improve employee communication among the organization.
• Assist with the development of the employee handbook and other organizational policies and procedures
• Conduct on site human resources audits; develop action plans and recommendations to ensure compliance
• Address questions regarding employment laws and regulations for the United States and Canada; update managers on changes in employment laws or regulations
• Proactively identify personnel issues and develop recommendations for improvements
• Consult and coach managers on complex issues involving terminating employees, resolving disputes, sexual harassment claims, annual staffing plans etc.
• Coach human resources managers and field managers on ways to improve and assess employee performance. Assist in determining where the problem exist and where additional training is needed. Create training plan along with the leadership team.
• Maintain, update and develop customized job descriptions, forms, policies and procedures, etc. for managers in the United States and Canada
• Conduct new team assessments and recommend new human resources procedures and processes
• Assist teams in creating a talent pipeline to fill future opportunities.
Corporate Human Resources Manager • January 2011 – March 2012• Newco Enterprise – Manufacturing
• Established the Human Resources department from the ground up. Hands on human resources manager.
• Directed the core HR processes for the organization including but not limited to talent management, coaching, conflict resolution, corrective action, investigations, training, terminations, performance management, compliance, on-boarding, affirmative action, safety, employee relations, compensation and benefits administration, and change management.
• Managed the recruitment process for hourly, salary, and commissioned positions to include understanding and identifying business units’ strengths and weaknesses, administer skills tests needed for applicable positions, host on-site job fairs, attend college job fairs to find applicants for internship program or entry level positions. Implement sourcing strategies to identify a pipeline of talent for future openings. Manage on-site temporary service for hourly workers.
• Revised and update handbook policies and procedures in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements as needed.
• Developed effective training courses based off of results from gap analysis in order to address competency gaps.
• Conducted investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought fourth. Collect facts, act as a mediator in facilitating resolution. Ensure all issues are resolved in a timely manner. Investigated workplace cases on employee conflicts, accidents, fragrance sensitivity, hostile workplace, harassment etc.
• Safety leader for the plant. Direct monthly safety board meetings, manage the safety committee team leaders, monitor workers compensation claims to ensure all cases are resolved in a timely manner, maintain safety files, assisted in the negotiation at the regional OSHA office due to fines after routine inspection, manage the OHSA log, etc.
• Created an internship program and worked closely with local universities to achieve goals developed by the programs.
• Promoted a positive culture by conducting employee engagement surveys and responding to action items in a timely manner. Developed a level of trust among the management team to ensure issues are brought to the forefront. Increased overall employee morale.
• Created succession plan for the company to fill key management positions as the organization will have a turnover rate of 50% in the future due to retirement.
• Forecasted and developed a talent pipeline which eliminated the need for temporary workers. Hosted an on-site job fair.
• Developed talent management metrics analysis to determine quality of hire, cost per hire, time to fill job vacancies, retention rate of new hires, goals attained, and productivity of employees overall.
• Reduced the MOD rate from 1.5 (above average) to less than 1 by implementing a plant safety committee and developing action plans in relationship to near misses.
• Created a wellness program, which reduced absenteeism, health care costs, injuries and improved overall productivity.
• Implemented and created performance management plans which consists of annual performance appraisals, performance improvement plans, training plans etc. Coordinate and track the performance management process to ensure all reviews are completed consistently accurately and on time.
• Created a new hire orientation to include training initiatives, completion of all paperwork, knowledge and understanding of the company policies and procedures etc.
• Project manager for the implementation and training of ADP payroll system, timekeeping, HRIS, and ATS.
Human Resources Manager•March 2010-January 201l•Genco – Unilever – 1.3 million square foot Distribution Center
• Managed all aspects of the human resources department for about 450 full-time employees including but not limited to payroll processing, benefit and compensation administration, policy interpretation, affirmative action, recruitment, succession planning, workers compensation, employment laws and regulations, employee relations, performance management, training and other duties as necessary to ensure maximum effectiveness of the human resources department.
• Conducted investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought fourth. Collect facts, act as a mediator in facilitating resolution and collaborate with the regional human resources manager when complaints escalate. Resolved complex employee relations issues. Investigated cases of sexual harassment, hostile workplace, performance, conflicts etc.
• Managed and audited the recording of employee information such as personal data, compensation, benefits, taxes, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, PIP, and terminations.
• Provided guidance and consultation to management and employees regarding the interpretation and implementation of various employment laws, polices and procedures, and all other human resources related information. Ensured consistently and timely follow-up to all issues.
• Directed the recruitment team to ensure all positions were filled in a timely manner with talented applicants. Assisted the recruitment team at local job fairs and networking events to establish and maintain relationships with key college/university stakeholders. Implemented sourcing strategies to identify talented candidates, paying particular attention to diversity initiatives
• Developed training courses that taught the management team how to handle employee issues including but not limited to disciplinary action, potential legal issues, performance management and terminations to ensure each issue is treated consistently among all managers.
• Developed and maintain monthly KPI reports to track performance.
• Hosted monthly wellness meetings and communicated benefit changes as needed.
• Directly manage payroll specialist, benefits specialist, first impressions receptionist, human resources assistant, and two talent acquisition specialists.
• Created performance improvement plans to target a gap analysis in training. Tracked employee performance appraisal programs. Reviewed, provided feedback, verified wage increases and analyzed goals to ensure they were achievable and measureable prior to communicating with employee. Recommended strengths and development needs for all employees.
• Created a succession plan to help promote employees within the organization.
• Project manager for the implementation and training of the ADP payroll and timekeeping system. Mentored 10 locations thru the process. Point of contact for troubleshooting after the implementation.
Corporate Human Resource Generalist • March 2007-March 2010• Cope Plastics• Manufacturing
• Point of contact for our corporate office along with 16 branches (400 employees) in 13 different states on all human resources topics including but not limited to ADP payroll processing, terminations, AAP, compliance, performance management, recruitment, counseling, policy and procedure interpretation, EEOC, ADA, safety, on-boarding, etc.
• Worked with HR Director to develop/revise/implement, and administer Human Resource programs, policies, practices and procedures that improved business performance. Assumed all duties of the human resources director in his absence.
• Managed the recruitment by developing and maintaining relationships with academic faculty, career office employees, student clubs, campus relation partner, and other networking groups. Recruited for hourly, salary, and commissioned positions. Conducted interviews and recommended qualified applicants to hiring manager. Drafted up the offer letter, conducted the background checks, reference checks, and scheduled for new hire drug screens and physicals. Forecasted talent and created a pipeline of talented applicants for future opportunities company-wide.
• Provided interpretation, recommendations, guidance and counsel to the management and employees over HR policies and guidelines, compliance, employment laws, and other human resources related topics to ensure consistency among the workforce. Consulted with the human resources director with complex situations. Trained the management team on all new polices/procedures, changes in employment laws, regulations and compliance issues.
• Advised and coached managers to facilitate the annual performance review process.
• Assisted the human resources director in determining approvals for employee terminations.
• Benefits management including change initiatives, communicate changes, enrollment, claims resolution, bill payment etc.
• Assisted the human resources director in creating the affirmative action plan and managed all reports associated with AAP.
• Backup safety director. Conducted monthly safety board meeting, managed the safety committee, filed workers compensation claims, investigated accidents, completed the OSHA logs, etc.
• Directly managed human resources assistant.
• Created employee relations’ practices that promoted a positive culture to keep employee morale in good standing.
• Project manager for the implementation and training of Paychex payroll system, timekeeping, HRIS, and Taleo ATS. Lead the change initiative tactics to minimize disruptions in production.
• Created and implemented a new hire organization and on-boarding process that helped our new hires adapt to our culture.
• Created a wellness program to include on-site health fair, health club reimbursements, and monthly activities. The program helped decrease the cost of overall company health insurance costs.
Masters in Human Resources Management expected completion September 2012 at Lindenwood University – GPA: 4.0
Bachelor’s of Business in Human Resource Management, Western IL University - Dean’s List
Membership Retention Board Member for the Lewis and Clark SHRM Chapter
Society for Human Resource Management National Member
Member of the Sigma Iota Epsilon Honorary Management Chapter