PRATIK A SINGH
Email: email@example.com Phone: 585-***-****
Looking forward for a role of a Software Developer/Software Engineer in the field of Information Technology where my Technical, Analytical, Organizational, and Communicational skills will be used, developed and polished for the betterment of the organization.
Degree Institution Field Duration
Masters Rochester Institute of Technology Computer Science Aug 2008 – May 2010
Bachelors Mumbai University Computer Engineering Sep 2004 – June 2008.
RELEVANT COURSES COMPLETED
Advanced Programming in Java Database Systems
Data Communications and Networks Active Database Systems
Distributed Systems Data Cleaning and Preparation
Parallel Computing Foundations of Computer Theory
Theory of Computer Algorithms Computer Graphics - I
• Languages: C, C++, Java, C#, HTML, XML, BPEL.
• Databases: MS SQL 05/08, Oracle 10g/11g, Oracle Times Ten 7.0, MySQL.
• Middleware: Oracle Fusion Middleware.
• Operating Systems: MS Windows XP/Vista/7, MS Windows Server 2003/2008, UNIX (Solaris).
• Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, Oracle Application Server 10g/11g, WebLogic 10.1.3, JBoss.
• IDEs: Eclipse, JDeveloper, Visual Studio 08/10, TOAD, SQLDeveloper, SQL Server Mngmnt Studio.
• Other: IIS 6/7, Oracle ADF, EJB, J2EE, Hibernate, Asp.Net 3.5 (WPF), AGILE, SCRUM.
IT Business Analyst, Cummins Inc, Jamestown NY Apr 2011 - Present
• Responsible for developing and managing various Java (J2SE and J2EE) projects and client server projects. Successfully coordinated various project activities across internal and external groups leading to customer satisfaction.
• Most of the J2EE projects deal with managing inventory, loading timely transactions into IMS database, tracking of skids, label creation on the fly, etc. as a part of the manufacturing domain.
• The projects are deployed on the Oracle Application Server 11g and are developed using J2EE (EJB and JSF). The database used is Oracle 11g.
Application Developer, Libera Inc, Jamestown NY Aug 2010 – Mar 2011
• Part of the development team that worked on a proprietary Content Management System (CMS) known as the System 7 Framework.
• Developed forms and reports for the customers, which were state agencies having programs for Vocational Rehabilitation (VR), Independent Living Blind (IL), Independent Living Older Blind (ILOB) etc. The idea was to build forms that could be used across agencies with minor changes.
• The CMS was used to identify whether an individual is qualified to receive services from the agency and then keep a track of his/her development through the program.
Software Engineer – Intern, Thomson Reuters, Rochester NY Sep 2009 – Feb 2010
• Worked on a product called RESPA and ImmForms Plus during the internship. RESPA provides practical guidance, produces documents, completes the HUD forms, generate IRS forms and more. ImmForms includes immigration forms as well as instructions and guidance on how to fill them.
• Part of a team of 3 developers working on bugs reported by the testing team, adding more functionality to the forms requested by the customers, and creating new forms for new procedures, performing Query Optimization for faster retrieval of results.
• The coding was done in PASCAL using Delphi 7 and the database used was MS SQL Server 2005 for RESPA. The technology used for development for ImmForms was ASP.NET 3.5 Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), C#, and MS SQL Server 2008.
Web Developer – Intern, Jamestown Container Company, Rochester NY Jun 2009 – Sep 2009
• Developed the company’s website (web process) and deployed it on the intranet.
• The web process fetched purchase orders from the customer’s ftp site, processed them into human readable format and displayed on the site. Once order is approved, it generated shop orders for manufacturing, created ASNs, invoices and Bill of Lading.
• Other functionalities include generating manual reports for order forecasting, tracking orders, creating users and assigning roles to them and more.
• Created using ASP.NET 3.5 Framework with C# as code behind language, MS SQL Server 2008 as the backend and deployed on IIS 6.0.
ACADEMIC PROJECTS COMPLETED
• Implemented K-Means Clustering algorithm for solving the clustering problem and classify a given dataset into a fixed number of clusters. Implemented the sequential version using Java SE and then developed a parallel version of the same using Parallel Java Library for fast computation of a very large dataset.
• Implemented a Bidding (Auctioning) Application (like eBay) which involved users participating in the bidding of items of their interest. Each user is notified when a new item of their interest is up for sale, or when a current highest bidder is out bidden. The project was implemented using a publish/subscribe model using Java Messaging Service (JMS) and an Oracle in-memory database - Oracle TimesTen 7.0, and Oracle 11g.
• Implemented Air Traffic Control System (ATCS) using Java RMI Technology. The project was a simulation of a system for controlling and monitoring air traffic for a number of airports and airplanes. The project had airport and airplane objects binding themselves into the Registry Server and a monitor program to print the status of flights. The same project was implemented using Tuple Space (Java Spaces) Technology as well.
• Implemented Portfolio Management System (PMS) that helped novice users trade amongst themselves. It was a virtual system that used dummy company data to help users learn how the real stock market works. The project was implemented using Java Swing and MS SQL Server 2005.
• Creation of a P2P Client System for sharing files and performing Spam Detection so that the shared files have minimum spam content. The project was implemented using Java Swing and Java Socket Programming.