Maria S. Diaz
Take the hiring company to the next level by enhancing, providing and establishing strong customer relationships. My active approach and experience can help in achieving customer satisfaction and enterprise goals.
Automated Health Systems Schaumburg, IL
10/2010 to Present
Position: Outreach and Education Specialist
* Engages health care providers by phone and in person to familiarize the responsible parties with the available healthcare options mandated by Illinois law in regards to low income patients and families.
* Researches and coordinates with various state agencies, facilitates and presents in a variety of settings, unbiased healthcare options to potential clients.
* While working with manager and coworkers, formulates a strategy to expand the current outreach penetration of local territories and increase AHS’ visibility.
* Assists in staffing the events for community outreach events and health fairs.
* Provides appropriate intervention in both street and community agency outreach settings.
* Demonstrates the ability to handle sensitive inquiries from the general public and ability to work well under pressure and relate to a broad range of customers.
* Works as a team leader to establish and maintain in the collaborative and positive tenor of the Outreach and Education Specialist Team.
Position: Customer Service Representative
11/2008 to 10/2010
Outreach, education and enrollment of potential health care clients. Maintaining accurate and impartial information of the health plans in a culturally and sensitive manner, keeping enrollees’ confidentiality.
* Assists callers in selecting a Manage Care Organization (MCO) or a Primary Care Case Management (PCCM) health plan and a Primary Care Provider (PCP).
* Accesses the PCP Directory to assist Enrollees in making an informed decision.
* Utilizes the Enrollee Education Guide in all interactions with Enrollees.
* Presents accurate information to Enrollees in their preferred language English/Spanish.
* Provides assistance to Enrollees via the Language Line and Text
* Telephone Typewriter (TTY).
American Family Insurance Hanover Park, IL
5/2007 to 12/2008
Quote, soliciting, consulting and binding Life insurance coverage for prospects of American Family Insurance.
* Conveys information in a clear and precise manner via e-mail, telephone and in person.
* Greets customers, answers the telephone, files and responds to billing inquiries and receives premium payments.
Comcast Cable Schaumburg, IL
7/2005 to 3/2007
Position: Customer Account Executive
Provided inbound telephone support to customers experiencing technical difficulties and equipment problems.
* Initiated upgrade of current service and sell products and services.
* Communicated with customers to respond to billing questions; resolved service concerns; provided rate and programming information.
* Researched status of installation and service calls; misapplied payments, billing and service adjustments.
* Entered account information into billing system to accurately execute customer orders, scheduled installs and trouble calls, and document customer accounts on daily basis.
Quest Diagnostics Wood Dale, IL
5/2001 to 4/2004
Position: Customer Systems Representative
* IT Help Desk support to customers and Quest Diagnostics employees nationwide. Specialized in the following Lab Systems:
* Test Orders and Results on Line. - Internet application that enables physicians and hospitals to order and receive results online.
* MUMPS, CCLINK, Antrim and Merit.
Lucent Technologies Naperville, IL
11/1996 to 8/1997 and 3/1998 to 11/1998
Position: Leader Post Processor
Projects: Ameritech & Primeco, Chicago PCS Network
Processed Radio Frequency Drive Test Data collected by Qualcomm Mobil.
* Operated Lucent Proprietary Software to overlay data points generated by Global Position Satellites.
* Utilized MapInfo Professional 4.1 & 4.5 software to generate plots, Dropped calls, Alerts and Originations, which assisted engineers with the CDMA optimization.
* Created a Database in Access 97 to assist engineers with troubled cell sites and the main cell phone switch.
* Maintained and troubleshooter hardware and software to ensure optimal performance. Assisted in the Networking of systems.
* Trained personnel with in-house Post Processing Applications.
Village of Maywood Maywood, IL
6/1993 to 10/1996
Positions: Records/Parking Clerk
Organize traffic citations, records and financial funds for the Village of Maywood.
* Trained office personnel with in-house database software.
* Provided translating assistance for Spanish-speaking residents.
* Provided secretarial/computer assistance to other departments.
Florida Federal Savings Bank St. Petersburg, FL
7/1989 to 1/1992
Position: Executive Secretary
Updated logistics and maintained computer systems for Branch and Loan Processing offices.
* Designed database to process denied loans.
* Coordinated and completed denied loans for the Department of Policies and Procedures.
* Prepared payment requests for all departmental personnel and administrative support.
Triton College River Grove, IL
1/1993 - 5/1996 AAS, Computer Information Systems
Course work: Com. GPA = 3.39
* Programming in Visual Basic, Advanced C, Microfocus COBOL
* AS/400 Control Language, Communications and Networks
* LAN Administration (Novell), Intro to Windows NT Server 4.0 and Linux
* A+ Certified 1/13/2000
US citizen, fluent in English and Native Spanish Speaker