Summary of Qualifications
Entry level bookkeeper with extensive experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, data entry, and office administration. Accurate and organized with strong problem solving skills, pays extraordinary attention to details and, willingness to go above and beyond the job description. I’m also a fast learner with proven adaptability to new technologies and applications. Areas of excellence include
GAAP, A/ P, A/ R, G/L The Double Entry System, Bank Reconciliations, Specialized Journal, Financial Statements, Laws of Entities, Accounting Principle( theory and taxation of Individuals),Depreciation Theory, Analysis and Preparation of Ratio Analysis, Inventory Costing Methods, Competent in Peachtree and QuickBooks.
South Bronx job Corps Academy
• Record invoices into the system and make proper records of checks.
• Responsible for receiving and verifying payment invoices.
• Prepare invoices and audit transactions to ensure adherence to the policies and standards of the organization.
• Responsible for maintaining monthly financial reports, vendor files and general ledger.
• Record invoices into the system and make proper records of checks
South Bronx Job Corps Academy 08/11- 07/2012
• Taught the class five specialized journals which are Cash Receipts, Cash Payment, Sales, Purchase and General Journal.
• Prepare and assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses. Also, assist clients about legal issues, tax amendments and payment plans.
• Aid in teaching over 20 students how to do a full cycle for a company or a corporation manually, QuickBooks and Peachtree.
South Bronx Job Corps Academy 08/2011- 07/2012 Canteen Supervisor
• Monitors, updated, and completed inventory reports.
• Prepare financial statements for the Canteen.
• Records inventory by using different variations of inventory costing methods such as LIFO, FIFO, Specific Identification and Weighted average.
• Trains new employees with register operations and merchandise sales.
South Bronx Job Corps Academy 11/2011-07/2012 Treasurer of Student Government Association
• Overseen the operations of the Canteen and assist in preparing financial statement for the Canteen.
• Aiding selecting, training, and supervising adequate student staff to assist in store operations.
• To be responsible for all the aspects of Student Welfare Fund under the direction of the Finance staff advisor.
Education South Bronx Job Corps Academy, Bronx, NY 08/2011- 07/2012
• Accounting Certification
• Brainbench Bookkeeping Certification Safety
• Orientation & Hazard Communication Safety
• Boston Regional Customer Service Training
• Career Prep Information Technology
Nassau Community College, Garden City, NY 09/08- 05/10 Secondary Math Education
• Software Experience Microsoft Works, Microsoft Office, Open Office, Microsoft Publisher, Peachtree, QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel
• Languages Creole, Spanish
References Available Upon Request