Current Location: Los Angeles, Southern California, USA
Place of Origin: Athens, Greece
Date of Birth: 02/09/1989
Marital Status: Single
Contact number: (USA) +1-310-***-****
LINKEDIN : http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alexandros-manos/51/416/11a
Le Monde 2007-2009, (Athens, Greece)
Professional Chefs Certificate – Higher National Certificate in Culinary Arts.
(Institute of Hotel and Tourism Studies)
• HILTON WORLDWIDE INC -Hilton Los Angeles Airport Hotel and Towers,
Southern California, United States of America.
Chef de Partie – Kitchen Supervisor 08 October 2011 - PRESENT
• 1230 Rooms, Banquets and Conference up to 3,000 guests!
• There are 2 a la carte restaurants, 1 bar-restaurant and 1 bistro inside the hotel.
Joined the kitchen of every restaurant and banquets as well. Leading a team from 7-15 cooks and reporting to the sous chefs and the executive chef!
• STARWOOD Hotels & Resorts- Costa Navarino Resort, Navarino Dunes
(The Romanos, A luxury collection resort – Westin Resort)
Messinia, Southern Peloponnese, Greece,
Demi Chef de Partie, 09 April 2011 – October 2011
(Hotel Opening Year) 19 April 2010 - 04 November 2010
• Named among the world's Best Hotels in Conde Nast Traveller's Gold List 2012, Best Hotels for leisure facilities.
• Selected in the top 20 destinations to visit in the world by trip Advisor for 2011
Part of the story of the first opening of these two5* luxury Resorts.
There are 11 a la carte restaurants, 2 main buffet restaurants, conference (up to 2.000 guests)! and a signature golf course by TROON GOLF!
Working in the main kitchen of the Romanos resort responsible for 4 outlets (westin and Romanos resort ''in room dining'', Pool Bar restaurant, “ANAX'' lounge bar and the main International themed buffet restaurant ''PERO
I joined every section In the kitchen. My responsibilities included: hot – cold preparations, setting up of the buffet, stock orders, support, train and motivate colleagues.
I was also representing my team in meetings and briefings.
• Big Apple Restaurant – Bar, Kolonaki,Athens, Greece
Kitchen Supervisor - Chef de Partie 22 November 2009 – 10 April 2010
A very busy fine dining restaurant in the “heart” of Athens serving up to 80 covers on average.
I was responsible for all the hot-cold- pastry preparations and the stock orders.
I was working in the hot section while a commis was working in the cold section providing salads
and antipasti. When the head chef of the restaurant wasn’t on sift I was in charge of the shift.
• Lindos Princess 4* Beach Hotel (All-inclusive), Lindos, Rhodes, Greece
Commis Chef 15 June 2009 – 21 October 2009 www.lindosprincess.com
I was working at the hot section of the buffet restaurant next to the chef de partie providing all the hot food of the international and themed menus.
I had the chance to join the cold section as well. Working next to the jr sous chef providing all the cold menus and decorations for the cold buffet.
• Big Apple Restaurant – Bar, Palaio Faliro, Athens, Greece
Chef de Partie 16 December 2008 – 31 May 2009 www.bigapple-south.gr/
A fine dining restaurant serving up to 120 cover on key nights.
Running the hot section resposible for all the hot items of the menus.
I was in charge of a team of 5-7 cooks and responsible for all the stock stock orders as well.
• HILTON WORLDWIDE INC -Hilton Rhodes Resort 5*, Rhodes, Greece
Commis Chef 01 October 2008 – 20 November 2008
Trainee position 23 June 2008 – 31 September 2008
(Website not available as Hilton anymore).
A 5* luxury resort with 448 bedrooms, 3 a la carte restaurants, 1 main buffet restaurant, spa and conference.
In my period as a student i joined almost every section of the kitchen ( hot – cold section, butchery and asian fusion restaurant).
As a commis i was responsible for the night sift of the cold section-Garde Manger.
My responsibillities included the setting up and the back up of the cold bufet and the preparations of the next days menus.
• Greek: Native
• English: Fluent
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet.
• Lower Diploma of Cambridge University in English language
• Starwood Hotels and Resorts Brand Training ( April 2010-11)
• SEMINARS at Le Monde Institute, 3 hours duration each: Sea food tastes, Poultry tastes.
French – Japanese Fusion Cuisine With the association of the ECOLE GREGOIRE FERRANDI, Culinary History and Food, Fresh Traditional Italian Pasta, Spexa- French Traditional Cheeses,
• Chad Khradlin
Hilton Los Angeles airport Hotel. (reference upon request)
• Doxis Bekris
Costa Navarino Resort (written reference upon request)!
• Theodoros Karinos
Chef de Cuisine
Costa Navarino resort (References upon request)
• Martin Kirchgasser
Costa Navarino Resort (Written reference upon request)
• Effie Troumouhie
Hilton Rhodes resort, Lindos Princess Hotel.
Written reference upon request.