SUZANNE Y. JONES
WRITER / MULTI-MEDIA PROFESSIONAL
212-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org
TV WRITERS’ STUDIO, LIU-Brooklyn Grad Program, New York 2011-Present
• For professional TV writing and producing program, act as Point Person for VIP Guest scheduling and attendance, including producers and writers from “The Walking Dead”, “Criminal Minds”, “Falling Skies”, “Law and Order: SVU”, “Girls” and “Pan Am”.
• Organize production meetings, compile, transcribe and distribute notes and schedules.
• Liaison with IT GA in setting up virtual meeting interface (Adobe Connect).
nuvoTV CABLE NETWORK, New York 2008-2012
• One of the 3-person team that developed and oversaw nuvoTV network’s programming.
• Contributed ideas for original series (docu-soap, reality competition, comedy, lifestyle genres).
• Made creative development recommendations to SVP re: concept, script, talent, art and music.
• Created loglines and wrote series and episode descriptions one one-sheets for use by all departments and press.
• Made production and schedule recommendations; co-managed delivery deadlines and internal requests.
• Gave notes through all stages of development and production (premise, outline, script, rough cut).
• Took pitches from outside producers; evaluated concepts and gave recommendations.
• Created power point presentations on series in development.
• Maintained relationships with outside production companies, representing nuvoTV’s interests throughout the production process.
• Developed and managed effective working relationships with internal departments (Production, Marketing, Creative Services, Promos, Press, Ad Sales, Legal) to ensure they were updated on key show information.
WAYANS ENTERTAINMENT/LIL MAGIC PRODUCTIONS, New York/Los Angeles 2007-Present
Writer, Untitled Musical
• Co-writing book and lyrics (with writer/actress Kim Wayans) of musical comedy series designed for adolescents.
• Project being produced for the web as branded entertainment series.
NO EVIL ANIMATION, New York 2005-2007
• Wrote comic short film scripts for Animation and E-Card websites.
• Wrote song lyrics for animated musical films.
• Wrote greeting cards for E- and paper card sites.
• Oversaw multi-actor vocal/musical recording sessions.
CARIBE MUSIC CORP., New York 2002-2004
Writer/Script Consultant, “Day-O: The Music of Irving Burgie”
• Script and Development Consultant for musical based on music and life of legendary calypso songwriter/musician Irving Burgie (Harry Belafonte’s songwriter).
• Provided notes and feedback on several drafts of musical script.
GOOD ENTERTAINMENT, INC., New York/Los Angeles 2002
Script Editor, “Mancini” – Musical produced at City Center, NY
• Revised and edited script of dance musical based on Henry Mancini's music.
• Worked closely with General Management, Choreography, Music, Costume and Casting depts.
TIME INC., New York 1995-1999
Writer/Coordinating Producer, People Magazine TV
• Wrote “Bugs Bunny talks about Michael Jordan" segment, produced in collaboration with
• Warner Bros. Classic Animation.
• Coordinated the day-to-day production of Dateline NBC stories based on People content.
• Produced TV shoots for the "Sexiest Man Alive" and "50 Most Beautiful People" features, etc.
• Booked and managed TV interviews with politicians, celebrities, models.
• Provided research for InStyle and Teen People TV Specials.
FOX TELEVISION NETWORK, New York 1992
Writer -- Comedy Game Show Pilot
• Wrote jokes comic prize ideas.
Writer/Performer, The Jones Twins Do Bebop Muzak – Original Musical Play 1988-1997
• New York (Lincoln Center, Brooklyn Academy of Music, P.S. 122, The Kitchen).
• Washington D.C. (Smithsonian Institute’s African-American Museum Project).
• Hartford (RealArtWays Regional Theatre).
• Milwaukee (Walker’s Point Center for the Arts).
• Los Angeles (Café Largo).
Writer/Performer, Vivalasvegasploitationclambakin’to the beat” - Musical Play 1991
• Produced at The New York Shakespeare Festival’s Public Theatre.
• Selected for presentation by director George C. Wolfe.
AWARDS / ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
• Playwriting Fellowship - Voice and Vision Theater's Envision Fellowship, Bard College, New York.
• Emerging Artist Fellowship - Franklin Furnace Performance Archive, New York.
• Work reviewed in: The New York Times, TONY, The Village Voice, The Daily News, Spin, Paper.
M.F.A. Candidate – TV Writing and Producing, LIU-Brooklyn at Steiner Studios, expected May 2013
Courses include: Developing TV Series, Writing 1-Hour Drama, Writing Web Series, Pilot Production.
B.A., With Honors – Creative and Dramatic Writing (G.P.A. 3.9), The New School 2005
Courses included: Creative Writing, Playwriting, Screenwriting, Musical Theatre and Opera Writing, Psychology of Fashion, Gender Studies, Ideology of Film Directing, Surrealism, Avant Garde Drama.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficient on PC and Mac; Advanced Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. Entourage); Final Draft 8, Social Media, HTML.