Judith E. Ashley
Wind Lake, WI 53185
In the interest of obtaining a position with your company, I am enclosing my resume for your review.
As my resume demonstrates, I am a diversified professional with office production, administration and customer service experience, supported by a track record of increasing responsibility and accomplishment. My background spans production planning and scheduling, inventory control, purchasing, shipping, and receiving traffic management, data entry and accounts receivable. My strength lies in my organizational abilities, while assuring bottom-line results.
On a personal note, I communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, enjoy working with people, and through motivational leadership sills, I am able to work independently or as part of a team. I have the initiative needed to be comfortable in decision-making capacity, and particularly enjoy the challenge of identifying and analyzing problem areas with implementing successful solutions. In short, given my background combined with an ability to learn quickly, I am confident I would soon prove to be a resourceful and productive addition to your team.
I am able to give complete commitment to a new position and would appreciate speaking with you personally to discuss matching my skills to this position. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
My salary requirements are negotiable, as I look forward to initiating a new opportunity.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Judith E. Ashley
JUDITH E. ASHLEY
26701 Oak Lane, Wind Lake, WI 53185
Seeking procurement/planning position that offers stability and growth.
Racine Railroad Products, Inc.
Contract Employee: Star Technical
09/08 to present
Buyer: Fabricated, Machined, Hydraulic, Electrical components for manufactured railroad maintenance equipment.
• Managed over all purchasing functions.
• Managed a cost reduction project, which yielded a 10% savings on a 12 piece Contract.
• Developed purchasing practices and procedures to increase overall efficiency.
• Initiated expediting practices to increase productivity and improved on-time delivery with suppliers.
• Developed Quality procedures currently in use.
• Substantially reduced invoice variance from 20 to 30 per month to 2 to 5 per month, which resulted in accurate costing of contracts.
• Established a quote process for effective purchasing.
• Developed supplier relations.
• Currently working a cost reduction program for 2010, to reduce cost 10% on a 16 piece contract.
European Touch II Ltd.
Milwaukee, WI – (company within financial crisis)
04/07 to 09/08
Planner: Planned and scheduled production of pedicure health spas for the commercial industry.
Buyer: Planned and purchased all shell, custom cushion, and mro purchases.
• Managed planning and scheduling of all spas, replacements, and warranty production.
• Implemented practices for service parts.
• Managed spa refurbishment program.
• Conducted production meetings for effective production/sales goals.
• Monitored all sales orders for strategic purchasing and production scheduling.
• Initiated a scheduling process to enable production employees to understand daily production and sales goals.
Buyer: Purchased raw and finished goods for machining job shop.
Responsible for purchasing all MRO goods and services.
Menomonee Falls, WI
Traffic Planner: Managed truck and rail carriers delivering printed catalogs to the Post Offices throughout the United States.
• Managed carriers during “off-time” hours.
• Managed the US Postal on-line program, DSAS/FAST for scheduling, monitoring delivery appointments.
• Finalized print orders
• Executed Excel spread sheet to monitor on-time deliveries, cost savings, and delivery exceptions.
• Initially hired as a seasonal shipping coordinator 10-01/2004 (holiday season) – offered a created permanent position.
Horses Have Hope, Inc
Dousman, WI (business closed)
President Co-Owner/Operator: 501-3-c non-profit organization.
• Directed the daily operations for hoofed animal sanctuary
• Managed rescue, rehabilitation, and retirement of animals “at risk”.
• Implemented procedures for daily care of all animals.
• Co-operated with state and county officials in the rescue, and protective custody of animals throughout Wisconsin and neighboring states.
• Conducted seminars for public awareness of “animals at risk”.
• Marketed organization through media outlets.
• Conducted fund raisers to generate funding and market organization.
• Part-time business 1994 to 1999 / Full-time operation: 1999 to 2003.
Eaton Corporation-Navy Controls Division
Milwaukee, WI – (company sold)
Material Project Planner: Planner for key government manufacturing projects.
Pre-planned new naval projects.
Buyer: Purchasing machined parts for commercial division of Eaton/Cutler-Hammer.
Part of outsource team to move in-house manufacturing to out-sourced suppliers.
Material Planner/Associate Scheduler: promoted 07/99
Alverno College – BA Degree
*Effective verbal/written communication skills.
*Exceptional problem solving and organization abilities.
*Effective in negotiating techniques.
*Responsible, reliable, and goal oriented.