Tatiana C. Gray
Address: *** ******** *****
Crystal Lake, IL 60012
Seeking a position where I can apply my cost accounting and finance experience to add value to the company I work for in an efficient and enjoyable way.
>November 2002 – Bachelor Degree in Finance from DePaul University – Chicago, IL
While at DePaul, I was a member of Alpha Sigma Beta, the honor society for international students.
>May 2007 – Award to Advanced Cost Accounting course from American Management Association.
>Bilingual in English and Portuguese, with some understanding of Spanish and French.
Lambent Technologies – Gurnee, IL
> 02/01/2006 to 05/21/2010 - promoted to Cost Accounting Manager
> 08/16/2004 to 01/31/2006 - Staff Accountant
The scope: at a managerial level, the position requires complex cost accounting and budgeting work including the establishment and maintenance of the organization’s accounting principles, practices and procedures. Also, the title incurred direct implementation and supervision of the cost accounting methods and activities.
Essential duties included:
• Contribute, prepare and evaluate the annual budget and other financial operating reports to make recommendations to top management.
• Oversee the cost control system, manage and prepare cost accounting reports to evaluate manufacturing variances and standard costs.
• Prepare balance sheets, profit & loss statements, and other critic financial reports.
• Analysis on cost trends, revenues, financial commitments, and some of my obligations incurred to predict and forecast future revenues and expenses.
• Preparation of reports to organize finances and contribute to top management on how to best utilize resources.
• Enhancement of financial processes and reporting capabilities from internal accounting systems.
• Establishment of procedures and formulation of guidelines for conducting cycle count inventories, which included the overlook of the entire company’s inventory and cost control systems.
• Assistance to outside auditors by preparing work papers and financial reports as required.
• International operations, manufacturing and inventory overseas, which were managed in several currencies.
Lambent Technologies is a manufacturer of high-quality, naturally-derived specialty chemicals and intermediates for a broad range of industrial and consumer applications, located in Gurnee, IL with annual revenue of approximately $85M.
Empire Home Services, LLC – Northlake, IL
> 03/05/2004 to 08/15/2004 - promoted to Staff Accountant
> 02/10/2003 to 03/05/2004 - Junior Accountant
The scope: managing A/R daily, doing over 10 different bank reconciliations, general ledger consolidation, and cash administration. On a monthly basis, I file and pay sales & use taxes for 23 US states. The month-end responsibilities are depreciating fixed assets, doing the flash report and the financial package, reporting directly to the CFO and VP, experience in payroll, A/P, purchases, advertising cost analysis, accrued expenses and sales.
Empire Home Services does “in-house” sales and installation of carpet, flooring, window treatments, siding and windows in 31 locations across the United States with annual revenue of $132M.
Oxford Capital – Chicago, IL
> 03/01/2001 to 08/15/2002 – AR Specialist/Accountant
Major responsibilities were to manage A/R, handle the month-end closing process with the controller and CFO, and manage client relationship by wiring them funds on a daily basis. Also, the job required back up to the other departments of the company by providing accurate accounting information for each of our clients.
Oxford Capital was a factoring company where small businesses could get daily cash flow while we managed their receivables.
• Microsoft Office, expert level of Excel
• ERPs: Epicor, FRX, QuickBooks, Crystal, Datalog, POS, FAS, Hyperion, and exposure to SAP
• Online commercial banking