**** *** ***** **., ******* Station, Texas 77845
Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
Bachelor of Arts in English, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Minor in Creative Studies
Graduation December 2012
Receptionist, Classic Cuts
• Maintain waiting area, cleaning supplies, accept payment and answer phones, and manage daily register close-out as well as greet customers and assist stylists January 2011-May 2012
Political Science Instructor, Texas A&M Student Learning Center
• Plan and execute supplemental instruction Political Science review sessions three nights a week for freshman students.
• Average Improvement from students taking my course: One letter-grade higher than non-SI session attending students
• The biggest job skill learned was self- monitoring and motivation. Fall 2010
Executive Recruiting and Office Manager, Vector Marketing
• Managed and coached five receptionists who called friends of representatives to set them up for interviews (day-to-day coaching and tracking of sales performance).
• Personally recruited many of the start-up office’s top sales representatives.
• Awards: #1 New District Office, #7 New Company Office, Summer 2010 ($60,000 gross sales in two week sales period). Top Recruiter: President’s Club Award (Top recruiting and interview show percentages) Summer 2010
Awards Ring Dance Head Director, Class Councils
• Responsible for conceptualizing the theme, and implementing the creative design process as well as the logistics for the 2012 Ring Dance with a 200+member organization.
• Skills include formulating and managing a $34,000 budget, risk management for a 1,800 person event, increasing profits, publicizing the event, delegating tasks to members, selecting a core committee of eight Room Directors, and overseeing the progress made by Room Directors
• Total Increase in Ticket Sales from Previous Year: 64% (Approximately: 700 more tickets). Gross Sales: Approximately $55,000.
Ring Dance Room Director, Class Councils
• Spearheaded the creative design, implementation, and organization of an 11,000 square foot themed ballroom.
Junior Class Vice-President, Class Councils
• Officer responsible for both internal and external communication for the Junior Class Council as well the primary risk-management officer. Awarded officer of the year.
Counselor, Texas A&M Youth Adventure Program
• Executed multiple recreational/ educational activities and provided transportation/supervision for the gifted and talented junior high and high school students as a student counselor during three consecutive week long sessions.
Member, Kappa Delta Sorority
Who’s Who Among American Colleges and Universities, Texas A&M University
Dean’s List and Distinguished Student Award, Texas A&M University
April 2011-May 2012
September 2009-April 2010
May 2010-May 2011
June 2010-July 2010