Cape Coral, Florida *****
904-***-**** • email@example.com
Construction Superintendent: Commercial
Extensive experience contributing to operations and profitability of construction contractors through outstanding management and supervision expertise. Accomplished and tenacious professional with proven ability to guide commercial construction projects to under-budget / ahead-of-schedule completion within diverse environments including civil, utilities, vertical, big retail box, office, and restaurants. Recognized contributor with skill in overseeing projects through entire life cycles including estimating, site management, document preparation, design troubleshooting, permitting / code compliance, and close-out. Articulate and collaborative communicator, negotiator, and leader with talent for establishing productive rapport with clients, architects / engineers, vendors, and government officials and building strong, motivated multi-trade teams. Conversant in Spanish.
Project / Site Management • Commercial Construction Expertise • Estimating • Material Acquisition
Contract Negotiations • Under-budget / Ahead-of-Schedule • Permitting / Code Compliance
Troubleshooting / Problem Solving • Document Preparation • Multi-trade Team Building
COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT, Elkins Constructors, Inc. • 2005-2010
Accountable for field management of commercial construction projects from pre-construction through close-out including scheduling, budget control, document preparation, and material acquisition. Interfaced with clients and architects / engineers to resolve design issues and communicated closely with government officials to ensure proper permitting and code compliance. Identified, awarded, assigned, and supervised subcontractors for various project phases. Travelled heavily throughout U.S. including Florida, Alabama, and Mississippi.
• Optimized company’s operations and profitability by utilizing experience and qualifications to collaborate closely with architects and engineers at project inception to achieve mutually agreed upon and clearly defined objectives.
• Enhanced company’s growth and reputation by guiding commercial construction of various Lowe’s retail centers ranging in value from $2M - $24M including those in Sebring, Cape Coral, Homestead, and West Palm Beach and renovation of store’s Garden Center in Ft. Myers.
• Contributed to construction of Wal-Mart at Villages of Leesburg and Abigdon Assisted Living Facility.
• Achieved “Superintendent of the Year” award in 2005 for outstanding construction management performance.
SITE MANAGER, Philco Construction Inc. • 2004 - 2005
Guided commercial construction projects through their entire life cycles including field operations; scheduling; and RFIs, submittals, and other documentation. Identified, assigned, and supervised subcontractors and vendors and purchased materials.
• Demonstrated construction knowledge and skill by effectively completing $4M Renaissance Hotel / Resort renovation in Orlando.
• Recognized for impressive performance by receiving “Beacon of Quality” award from company.
Robert Pizarro • Page 2
CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT, Collage Companies, Inc. • 2002-2003
Charged with supervising completion of large commercial construction project through their entire life cycles, working with subcontractors and vendors and purchasing materials.
• Spearheaded successful completion of $21M Lynx Central Bus Station in downtown Orlando, ahead-of-schedule and under-budget.
CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT, Parsons / H.E. Hennigh, Inc. • 1997 - 2002
Oversaw numerous large commercial construction projects from pre-construction through close-out including site preparation and management, subcontractor / vendor identification and supervision, material acquisition, and permitting and code compliance. Monitored schedules and budgets.
• Championed under-budget / ahead-of-schedule construction of Bell South and AT&T Communications buildings such as $5.5M addition to Bell South facility and $3.5M 8-story AT&T renovation, both in Orlando.
CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT, Commercial Concepts • 1995-1997
Completed various commercial construction projects for national restaurant chains including Chick-Fil-A and Papa Johns. Oversaw projects through their entire life cycles including scheduling, budget control, material acquisition, and permitting / code compliance. Assigned and monitored subcontractors to various project phases. Travelled heavily to construction sites during tenure.
Additional positions as Construction Superintendent for Coastland Construction and Embree Construction, guiding completion of wide variety of commercial projects. Details upon request.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION / TRAINING
Associate Degree in Construction Management
Valencia Community College
Associate Degree in Psychology
Patrick Henry State Junior College
Certified Storm Water Management Inspector, State of Florida
SWPPP Certification for Wal-Mart, Kohl’s, and Lowe’s
OSHA 10-hour Training
CPR / First Aid Safety Training
Constructware Software Training
Commercial, Industrial Construction Project Superintendent
Punta Gorda, FL - superintendent, construction, projects, commercial,...
Construction manager, estimator
Fort Myers, FL - ft, coast, estimating, division, 1989, brothers,...
Construction managment - Superintendent
Englewood, FL - installer, full time, germany, full, type,...
Construction Management/Greg Holton
Sarasota, FL - estimating, estimator, construction, greg, family,...
Fort Myers, FL - construction manager, hse, japan, construction,...
Sarasota, FL - greg, estimator, construction manager,...
Construction Self Employed
Fort Myers, FL - superintendent, contractor, homes, three, building,...