R. GEORGE VARGHESE
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Experienced in data analysis and reporting to various levels of management, including setting up reporting according to senior management goals and ad-hoc reporting. Established as a manager in technology projects and people management on any level from a technical lead to software development management. Outstanding leadership, communication and project management skills.
Reporting & Documentation Team Leadership Project Management
Data Analysis & Metrics Aggregation People & Process Performance Improvement Systems Development Life Cycle
Mergers & Acquisitions Disaster Recovery Quality Code Reviews
FIRST CHOICE, Business Brokers, Mergers & Acquisitions Office, White Plains, NY
Business Consultant (2008 – 2009)
Recruited to consult CEO’s/ senior level business executives and managing partners through the mergers and acquisitions of small and mid-sized companies throughout the NY, NJ, and CT Tri-State area. Act as an interface to fund managers, investors and client-sellers while secretly coordinating all internal and external sales and project related activities.
• Report to President of Regional Office.
• Project manage all the tiny moving parts and deliverables of large business changes.
• Finance [GL codes, legal entries, funds transfer, tax, assets & intellectual properties]
• Legal [legal name -searches, leans, due diligence, contracts]
• Marketing [trademarks, website content, press conference, signage, literature logos]
• Business [advice external CEO's, stock price implications, subsidiaries, new products.]
• Operations [supply logistics, storage, traveling]
• HR [grandfathered benefits, salaries, titles, roles, background screening, collapsed roles]
• Technology [backend & front end system changes, PCs to PDA, data recovery, WAN security]
• Sales [knowledge transfer, inform existing clients, screen clients based on new protocols, AML]
• Training/ Compliance [training staff & clients, gap analysis on policies]
• Work on a daily basis with other professionals: business owners, buyers, seasoned entrepreneurs, as well as top executives in accounting firms, legal partnerships, banks and financial institutions.
• Signoffs on decision agreements logged, issues followed up on to mitigate risks swiftly, streamlined reporting of all moving parts.
• Closed out the Complex decisions & Cost-Benefit Analysis developed by multiple work-stream-experts and compiled for senior management calculations.
CITIGROUP, Capital Markets & Banking, Project Management Office, New York, NY
Senior Business Analyst, Assistant Vice President (2007 – 2008)
Brought onboard to drive delivery of cash management products and extensions regionally and globally to clients. Act as an interface to customers while coordinating all internal and external project related activities. Work in seamless integration with Sales, Technology, Operations and Customer Service to deliver the total solution to customers. Interact with various internal functional partners and external vendors to confirm deal structure, provide standards for service delivery and documentation. Share best practices and guidelines with regional partners across various projects.
• Report to Senior Project Manager, Sr. Vice President
• Organize project plan and development process; ensure timely completion escalating issues as needed.
R. George Varghese
Page 2 of 2
• Facilitate UAT, Quality Assurance and Production Verification Testing (PVT) of the final product roll out.
• Lead Steering Committee meetings to report project status, risks and issues to senior management.
• Develop Business Requirements Documents (BRD) and Statement of Works (SoW) for projects.
• Product delivery in timely implementation with team based client discussions and industry knowledge.
• Responsible for maintaining Project Charter, Minutes, Issues Log, Project Plan, Risks and Scope.
• Matrix into multi-disciplined functional groups to review project status and processes.
• Work with various functional partners to gain efficiency through process improvement initiatives.
• Supported the project management of a global Merger & Acquisition for a new Citigroup subsidiary/product.
• During the Merger and Acquisition phase, enforced deliverables and schedules for senior level stakeholders and complex work-streams such as Finance, M&A, Product, HR, Marketing, Operations, Technology, Risk and Program Management Office.
• Necessitated deliverables and deadlines during the planning, executing, monitoring and controlling phases of the project phases for SWIFT XML solution for a large multinational client.
• Supported the project management of a global SWIFT payment solution for a Fortune 500 Client.
• Initiated, planed, executed, monitored and controlled the project management of Treasury Solutions such as Lockbox and Cash Concentration for a Fortune 500 Client.
MEDPOINTE PHARMACEUTICALS, Somerset, NJ
Data Systems Administrator (2001 – 2007)
Brought onboard to support client services and grew to lead multiple special IT-related projects; oversee system design, web development, portal development & implementation, upgrades, backup/recovery, security, virus protection, system implementations, and performance monitoring.
• Report to Director of Information Technology.
• Manage and contribute to Application Development and Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Collaborate and negotiate with internal and external business contacts, software vendors, and consulting agencies. Manage complex projects with aggressive goals and timelines.
• Maintain logs and instructions for knowledge base, reporting, IQ documents and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
• Performed requirements analysis and initiation, planning, executing, monitoring and closing of backup/recovery and disaster recovery solutions on multiple open systems environments.
• Planned and managed completion of SAN upgrade from Windows 2000 server to 2003 servers.
• Organized NT Backup environment upgrade from NetBackup 4.5 to NetBackup 6.0. from initiation to training preceding business as usual hand-off.
• Spearheaded team of 5 handling Disaster Recovery offsite testing at SunGard, North Jersey.
• Managed SAP software upgrade from 6.2 to 6.4 v24.
• Drafted and published DR Handbook; formulated Emergency Procedure Protocol.
• Project Managed Company wide rollout of SharePoint Portal Web environment.
NEW JERSEY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY – BS IN MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS, achieved winter 2003
AMBERTON UNIVERSITY – MBA IN MANAGEMENT, anticipated summer of 2010
PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE - PMP CERTIFICATION, anticipated spring of 2010
Solutions: Lock Box, Cash Concentration, Global Remittance Services, ACH wires, SWIFT messaging, SWIFT XML
Software: MegaMeeting Video/ Web conferencing. Polycom - Office Conferencing. Intralinks, MS Project, NetBackup, SMS, Webex, and MS Share-Point Portal, MS Visio, Sales Force
Database: XML, SAP, Access, Cognos