RESUME - CUSTOMER SERVICE, MANAGEMENT & SALES
An exceptional communicator, service manager and team builder with a proven record of selling, leading, training and
motivating others. Experience covers over twelve years of progressively increasing, successful management responsibilities
and mentoring projects. Creative, focused and positive manager; able to envision and support both the big picture and
Sales/Insurance Customer Service Conflict Management
Training/Motivation Project Management Cost Analysis
LEAD MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS
SALES/ ADMINISTRATION - 5 + years 12/02 - Present
Sales, Customer Service, Copywriting, Transcription and Accounting for small but growing software company.
Cold-calling & referral market prospecting; phone support for product, customer ‘after-care’.
Training on LMS software, writing ad copy and web content for clients, transcription of recorded conference calls - all regular duties
*Supplemental: Self-Employed Independent General Lines insurance agent– 3 years; selling senior market medicare
supplement, medicare advantage, life, final expense and annuities.
TOWN VILLAGE NORTH 8/01 – 12/02
DIRECTOR - 1 year 4 mths
Hands-On administrator for 276 unit luxury senior independent living community in North Dallas.
· Increased occupancy through creative marketing. Doubled residency in one year, despite an intensely competitive
market and resident attrition due to Assisted Living needs or death.
· Team Builder/mentoring/employee retention. Promoted from within whenever possible; hired excellent executive
chef who successfully met the demands of sophisticated and diverse clientele; mentored and upgraded skills of underperforming
staff. Provided forum for Spanish speaking employees to communicate questions or concerns to
· Implemented systems community-wide. Created policies for resident safety, building aesthetics, accounting
workflow and customer service response in a ‘24/7’ operation.
· Controlled and reduced costs. Reduced long distance, lawn care, copier, linen, and office supply charges by renegotiating
contracts or changing vendors. No successful unemployment claims awarded during my employment; no
OSHA violations or workers compensation claims made during my employment.
· Secured Resident/Family satisfaction. Worked with on-demand needs for service or care which often include family
counseling or intervention when residents are no longer appropriate for independent living. Created forums for resident
feedback and interaction.
FOUR SEASONS RESORT & CLUB 9/1991- 8/2001
NIGHT MANAGER/FRONT OFFICE MANAGER – 10 years
· Proactive, resourceful management. Oversaw entire resort operations as General Manager on duty at night.
Management of this busy resort required meeting / assisting VIP guests, producing daily reports and payroll, supervising
hotel personnel (PBX, concierge, room service, engineering, security and housekeeping - total staff of 35). Proficient
with office equipment and the Nortel / Meridian multi-line phone system.
· Upgraded customer service technology. Managed implementation of Meridian Voice Mail system: established and
documented standards used resort-wide; supervised and delivered Voice Mail training to PBX operators and hotel staff.
Designed and directed distribution of printed instructions for display in guest rooms.
· Increased efficiency in operations. Assisted programmers as MIS-front office liaison, customizing Fidelio hotel
software training to meet Four Seasons' needs. Established company front office standards; assisted in writing front
office training manual for agents and operators. Relief Night Auditor for 14 months.
· Supervised and mentored personnel. PBX Manager – Hired, trained and supervised an entire PBX staff of eight
operators. Maintained payroll accounting and staff schedules; conducted continuing education, including phone skills,
grammar standards, guest etiquette and emergency code procedures. Referred and developed key staff for promotion
within the resort. Employee Superstar 1991; designated trainer 1992.
EDUCATION -- University of North Texas, Denton; BFA Painting & Drawing
188 semester hours in BFA/Masters program, 1986 – 1994. Cumulative GPA, 3.7.