ERICK M. TORRES
To assist a reputable organization in creating positive brand imaging and partnerships through different media assets, while allowing for personal professional growth in creating efficient marketing for future venues and platforms.
Communications/Public Relations Assistant 10/11-01/12
University of Miami Athletics, Coral Gables, FL
• Assisted in all game preparation related duties
• Organized media content for athletics website
• Served to the Director of Communications in all press and school events
Media Relations 05/11 – 08/11
New York Mets, Flushing, NY
• Catalogued daily news headlines referencing all company and team publicity
• Systematized team statistics for daily game summaries
• Assisted management with event preparation and in-game office relations
National Marketing & Communications Assistant 06/10 – 08/10
Democracia U.S.A. Group, Miami, FL
• Maintained the company’s media networking with affiliates in the Phoenix, New York, New Jersey and Washington D.C. area
• Arranged and prepared company media kits for shipment to partnering news editors
• Collaborated on company presentations
Production Assistant 06/08 – 08/08
Telemundo Television Network, Hialeah, FL
• Oversaw event preparation as a paid intern for the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games
• Logged and noted on live sporting events
• Organized taped events according to network order for air
Asst. Manager 04/08 – Present
The UPS Store, Miami, FL
• Established financial relations with prospecting business accounts
• Maintained an average clientele of +25 accounts per day
• Upheld company profits and marketability for quarter renewals
Staff Writer 11/10 – 05/11
New Roots News, St. Petersburg, FL
• Reported on and covered news stories surrounding Pinellas and Hillsborough County
• Categorized online media content for New Roots News website
• Upheld sourced networking for the weekly periodicals
Sports Editor/Staff Writer 08/07 – 12/09
The Miami-Dade College Catalyst, Miami, FL
• Named First Place finalist for Best Sports Column by the Florida Community College Press Association in the fall of 2008
• Named Second Place winner for award of the same name in the fall of 2009
• Assisted and collaborated copy editing and proofreading for final print
Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Communication
...University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
• USF Public Relations Student Society of America member; Walter E. Griscti chapter.
• Society of Professional Journalist Networking Liaison and Membership Chair.
Associate of Arts in Mass Communication/Journalism
Miami-Dade College, Miami, FL
RELEVANT COURSE WORK
Completed: Professional Writing Communicate/Culture/Community
Interview Communication Persuasion and Public Speaking Advanced Public Speaking Group Communication
Interpersonal Communication Principles of Public Relations
SKILLS AND COMPETENCY
• Twenty-two years of spoken and literate fluency with the Spanish language
• Experienced use of Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and all Microsoft Office programs.
• Former broadcaster and radio co-host for the Miami-Dade College, DAM-B Sports Show
• Former student reporter for the Miami-Dade College run television series, MDC In-Focus
• Former beat writer and correspondent for the USF Student Government.
-Willing to relocate-
Hialeah, FL - translator, c, spanish, english, eng, agency,...
Technical Writer Manager
Florida City, FL - technical writer, writer, veterans, active,...
Writer, Fashion Designer, Textile Designer
Miami, FL - fashion, textile, via, associate, writer, arts,...
Hollywood, FL - technical writer, writer, janet, regulatory,...
Marketing Social Media
Hialeah, FL - political, social media, press, media,...
Miami, FL - esl, sales, hiring, photography, retail, force,...
Human Resources Employee Relations
Pompano Beach, FL - employee relations, generalist, human,...